Distance and dispersion

i carry 3 vokey's that are my go to clubs. my favorite range is roughly 80-100.

For me it is 100-120 (which would be AW and PW). I struggle a bit more with full length wedge shots (probably due to less bounce, more digging potential), so I usually play a set matching gap wedge which plays more like an iron.

Half shots/pitches with the wedges are better, but the full swing shot there gives me trouble.

110 and in. I feel like I can at least give myself a shot of an easy two-putt or makable one-putt.

I used to play to the 150 yd marker, as that was my most accurate stick in my bag. If I was anywhere from 140-155, I could stick it pretty close. But in order to improve my scoring this past year, I invested in getting fit for some new irons, then did the same for wedges. I am more comfortable at getting it close now from around 75-155 with the new sticks and the addition of 3 new wedges.
But, to be honest, when I really think about it, my best yardages are 75-125 for getting it close. That is really my comfort zone now.

I'm similar that I have a sort of "dead zone" between about 60 and 100. I'm working on that, but right now I don't have much confidence from that distance. At 100+ I have a club that will get there on a 3/4 or more swing, which I'm okay with. Inside of 60 I can take a nice comfortable pitch shot. In between... sometimes it's better to lay up :D

My 100 and in is abysmal right now. Anything 100-110 I feel pretty good about because I can choke down on my pw and usually be pretty accurate. Right now I don't have a distance where I'm throwing darts at the pin, but 100-130 I feel pretty good about getting on the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 to 120 yards is a comfortable range for me. That's full shots with my 3 shortest wedges. (depending on conditions)

140-145 for me. Put a PW in my hand on a full swing and I feel incredibly confident over the ball.

I wish it was the 50-100 scoring range, but I'm getting there.

Many times I will aim for the 150 yd marker off the tee as it is my most comfortable approach yardage.

Not a clue! That's terrible I know.... I'd like to say 90-100, 3/4 56 but I've seemed to lost the mojo there a bit. This will change with a different wedge configuration coming to the bag. I expect it to be 70-80

Lately it's been 100-115, a 3/4 to full gap wedge. A shame that I can't do better from 75-100 because I have that shot a lot.

150 is is my spot. I am most comfortable from that distance.

If I can get 90-115 is the money zone for me. I try to just get to the hundred yard marker as much as I can because I know from there I will have some birdie looks.

I'll say that if I'm inside 160 (8i) I expect to hit the green whether in fairway or reasonable rough. But if I'm inside 110 I'm expecting to have a near guaranteed 2-putt (i.e. inside 20-30 feet). And really it's not inside 110, it's 110/95/80. Those are the distances for my 55/60/64° wedges. I'm not adept at partial swings or adding a few yards, so unless I'm right near one of those number's I'll be happy on the green.

50 - 75 for me too, but as has been said, its usually not for a GIR. :act-up:
JM

I like 75-125... broad range, I know, but I like using my 52, 56, and PW... They have been accurate for me lately. Just wish I was good from to 1-5 yard range...LOL

I've been trying to track this a little bit for my own game because not having the distance that many of you guys have! can certainly bring longer approaches into the green.

What are your most accurate yardages in proximity to the flag? 60yds? 160yds? Is it something you pay attention to?

I would say 80-140 I am pretty accurate. I've been trying to leave myself approaches in that distance rather than just trying to get as close as possible every time.

I seem to be the most accurate with my 8 iron from 160 and my pw from 135

I've not ever tracked this. Probably will start to when the season starts this year. I would say either 100 or 150 would be my most accurate, but I'm curious to start tracking and see.

For me 150 and in as long as I can take a full swing. Sometimes I have trouble trying to accomplish part way swings. But that's something I'm working on along with choking up on the different clubs to give a full swing for a lesser distance.

Im most comfortable 90 to 100 yds from flag. I absolutely pay attention to it since I hate to leave my self shorter than that. No finnesse in my swing...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I would say 80-135 are my best distances. Due to being blessed with great tempo I have always been fairly solid with these distances as they fit my swing the best

KG

Just Tapping Away

I'm comfortable 90-120 which is wedge distance for me. By carrying 4 wedges I can take a full smooth swing in this range and produce fairly consistent results. I've been working on 1/2 and 3/4 swings to improve my shot making as I get closer to the green as well.

I have really been focusing on looking at the hole and playing it in reverse as to what shot I want at the green. That being said 75-125 is my perfect situation. I know how far I can hit my lob or sand wedge or a knock down approach wedge. To me this goes once again back to course management and how important it is. That being said. I will take 150-160 from the fairway over 125 from the rough any day.

I've been trying to track this a little bit for my own game because not having the distance that many of you guys have! can certainly bring longer approaches into the green.

What are your most accurate yardages in proximity to the flag? 60yds? 160yds? Is it something you pay attention to?

On par 4's and par 5's, I pay a lot of attention to laying up to 90yds(60*), or 105yds(56*). I am much more accurate from those two yardages than I am with a full 128 yd pw. it is not unusual for me to lay up with a 9 or 8 iron on a par 5 - I am much better from 90 yards than I am from 25 yards. I also often hit 3 wood or 2 iron off the tee on par 5's if I don't think they are reachable in two - basically any par 5 over 530 yards. I can hit 2 iron, 4 iron on such a hole an have 90 yards in for my approach.

Back