Most expensive game of golf?

I paid ~$200 years ago for 1/2 day lesson and "18 holes with a pro" at a local golf course in Central NJ. It was a very bad investment as the instructors spent most of the morning dealing with the beginner golfers. During the afternoon playing lesson, the instructors again spent the majority of their time joking with the beginners.

My most expensive round was a 9 hole round I played about 10 years ago. I left work an hour early and was heading to the course. On the way to the course, my Honda station wagon got rear-ended by a teenager doing 70 in a 35 mph zone, driving a hopped-up Mustang. Still played 9 holes though! LOL

I paid the full non resort guest high season rate for a single round at Bandon Dunes last summer. Maybe $250-ish.

The most expensive round of golf for me would have to be just a few weeks ago I played National Golf Club in Pinehurst for $60 and that was with a Groupon they were having other than that it would have to be one of the THP events I attended last year but I don't think of those as just green fees since there is so much more to the price that you pay to get to play with great people. I am pretty good at finding deals so I don't have to pay a ton to play nice courses. I do not have any reservation to pay a lot to play a nice course though.

A couple of buds and I spent over 8 hours on a Bellagio dice table to get comped to a round at Shadow Creek. Fortunately for me, my buds were much higher rollers than me.

I paid almost $300 for a round at TPC Scottsdale a few years ago, that's the most I've ever paid for a round of golf. If the OP is talking about best or such, I've been lucky enough to only loose less than $50 in a round before. Not really sure if that was the question, so I'll answer for both.
Welcome back to the Present Time, too! :highfive:

Pelican Hill for me. I was lucky enough to get a rate of $150, which is almost half off the normal rate. It was worth it.

Last time I was visiting Hilton Head, they wanted an absurd amount of money to play Harbour Town. It was about 5 times more expensive than some of the surrounding courses, and certainly wasn't 5 times nicer.

Wow thats crazy, for me when I go its usually twice as much as Palmetto Dunes which is the next nicest on the island

Flew to chicago to meet a buddy.
Game plan 3 days of golf. 1 round first day, 2 the seconrd, 1 the third.

Flight got delayed, missed round 1. Played the one the second day. Then the tornado's hail storm rolled in and washed the 3rd and 4th round.

I flew to chicago for one round of golf. BUT we got drunk in many different bars so that "1 round of golf" was a bit pricy.

shot a 91 on the amature course at cogg creek

If we are including equipment wise, then my most expensive round cost me $160. $15 green free for a par three course, $145 to replace a Scor wedge that took an errant bounce into the pond. I had pulled my putter and wedge out to finish the hole. Wedge hit onto the green, and casually tossed it to my bag. Wedge took an odd bounce, another, and then a dive in the pond.
In terms of green fees, then only about $50.

Pebble Beach in 2007 when my wife took me to spend the weekend there for my 50th birthday.
Airfare, car rental, hotel at Spanish Bay, 18 holes at Spanish Bay, 18 glorious holes at Pebble Beach = Just over $2300.
The greens fees for Pebble were $450.00 each.

Nice Drumdog. I want to do the Pebble trip someday.

$375 + $75 caddie tip at the Wynn CC in Vegas. The best golf experience ever and I would gladly do it again.

Mine would have to be a trip I took with some buddies to Bandon Dunes a few years back. We played 36 Holes for 3 days in a row and that with caddie fees got quite expensive. I think the golf alone was close to $1500 if my memory serves me correctly

About $240 at Banff Springs. Well worth the price. The course is amazing as is the scenery.

Probably Chambers Bay, 220 ish for the green fee with caddie, then 100 for the caddie, then had to buy a shirt. Worth every penny.

kapalua bay course for me, somewhere in the $180 range at the first available twilight rate. although, after all of the swag i had to buy (shirts, ball markers, hat, etc) it easily doubled.

another day a buddy and i paid $40 to head out on a local course in the rain. clubhouse was letting staff go for the afternoon because it was so slow & wet. they told us no rain-checks if we called it quits early, we went for it anyway. we played exactly 1 hole & tee'd off on #2 before a torrential downpour forced us to leave. even in rain gear we were completely soaked to the bone. as far as price per hole goes, this was my most expensive round. lol

For me it was my golf trip to Colorado last September. Bear Dance in Larkspur & Red Sky in Beaver Creek. Golf alone was $350, but the trip costs were more than that.

To date.... Chambers Bay, green fee of $79, as a Pierce County resident, plus $50 caddie. I've played it twice. Probably Kapalua will top this when we go to Hawaii this summer.

Chambers Bay a few years ago...Had to buy a bag for the tournament since I didn't realize it was walking only till the last minute and then snapped my PW on 18. Was a rough time to say the least.

I paid $250 to play Whistling Straits about 8 years ago. I may spend about $300 next summer to play Erin Hills (www.erinhills.com). We'll see. I've become a lot more conservative about spending big money on golf.

Trump National here in L.A. 270.

Mauna Kea on the Big Island $255 plus 55 for rental Set ( Wish i had just brought my own)

Cabo del sol about 5 years ago. I forget the exact price tag yet I remember somewhere is "how much?!" range and "I just gotta play this course!"

Punta Espada in the Dominican Republic a few years ago on my birthday was $375. Views like this made it worth it:

5268403264_dbd7bec867_z.jpg

Back