Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of getting a 60* but I may just stay with 55* as my highest and open it up like I have been.

I was thinking of getting a 60* but I may just stay with 55* as my highest and open it up like I have been.
Certainly nothing wrong with that. I think the highest lofted wedge Seve ever played was a 56, and he is considered one of, if not the best wedge player ever.

Certainly nothing wrong with that. I think the highest lofted wedge Seve ever played was a 56, and he is considered one of, if not the best wedge player ever.

My money is on Trevino :D

I gotta be honest guys this warm weather this weekend killed me. I wanted to be outside playing so badly!! Indoor sim golf is fun, but it's not real outside golf!!

The weather over the weekend didn't bother me as much as yesterday did. Walking outside without a jacket yesterday was a possibility.

To bad it is back down into the 20s by the end of the week.

The weather over the weekend didn't bother me as much as yesterday did. Walking outside without a jacket yesterday was a possibility.

To bad it is back down into the 20s by the end of the week.

About damn time.

Sorry, by the middle of March I'll be on the bandwagon, but right now I need some cold temps and snow to get over my ski jones.

50 degrees and rain is not conducive to good skiing (or any skiing for that fact).

Haven't heard any more chatter about Plum Creek or Paddock for 2/9. Just wondering if that was still an idea.
I've cleared that day with the boss so I'll be swinging the clubs one way or the other. I need to get out! :)
Would be nice to get together to congratulate the MC selections personally over a beer too.

About damn time.

Sorry, by the middle of March I'll be on the bandwagon, but right now I need some cold temps and snow to get over my ski jones.

50 degrees and rain is not conducive to good skiing (or any skiing for that fact).

You can always go some place cold to ski, bring on the warm weather baby! :alien:

Haven't heard any more chatter about Plum Creek or Paddock for 2/9. Just wondering if that was still an idea.
I've cleared that day with the boss so I'll be swinging the clubs one way or the other. I need to get out! :)
Would be nice to get together to congratulate the MC selections personally over a beer too.

2/9 Shouldn't be a problem for me to talk to Mark and block out the Sim! I'm playing tomorrow for the league I'll talk to him tomorrow and confirm! Side note your avatar rocks buddy. That picture just looks picture perfect! Head down and stable even after contact, weight moving forward looks awesome!

2/9 Shouldn't be a problem for me to talk to Mark and block out the Sim! I'm playing tomorrow for the league I'll talk to him tomorrow and confirm! Side note your avatar rocks buddy. That picture just looks picture perfect! Head down and stable even after contact, weight moving forward looks awesome!

Thanks Jimmy, on both points. I wish every swing of mine looked like that. Still working on that consistent, repeatable swing like yours.
That driving range in the pic closed awhile ago and is literally across the street from me. Kills me just seeing it sit there. Great clubhouse too.

Thanks Jimmy, on both points. I wish every swing of mine looked like that. Still working on that consistent, repeatable swing like yours.
That driving range in the pic closed awhile ago and is literally across the street from me. Kills me just seeing it sit there. Great clubhouse too.

Does look good Andy(like I would know),head up,chicken wing and leaing back with my foot turning out Ha! Was that the range on Transit across from the drive-in? Cuz it looked like a great place,don't know why it closed. Remember I'm out for the Feb.9 sim.

Does look good Andy(like I would know),head up,chicken wing and leaing back with my foot turning out Ha! Was that the range on Transit across from the drive-in? Cuz it looked like a great place,don't know why it closed. Remember I'm out for the Feb.9 sim.

Thanks, Allan. Only thing I didn't like about it was that you were hitting into the sun in the later hours. I usually like to go after work and it was blinding on a nice day.

You can always go some place cold to ski, bring on the warm weather baby! :alien:

You could always go to the sim or down south to play golf.

It's winter! Bring on the snow! :wink:

Thanks, Allan. Only thing I didn't like about it was that you were hitting into the sun in the later hours. I usually like to go after work and it was blinding on a nice day.

That's what makes you keep your head down! Hey,check out the new schedule for NYSGA..........you'll love it!

You could always go to the sim or down south to play golf.

It's winter! Bring on the snow! :wink:

as much as i like snowboarding and I want to agree with you, golf season cant get here fast enough

NYSGA 2014 schedule is out guys and there are some really good locations on there..

http://www.nysga.org/statedays/index.html
Talk to me more about this. Something I don't know a whole heck of a lot about, but am definitely interested in *gulp* competitive golf.
I saw that. Yahnundasis in Utica and Edison Club in Schenectady jumped right out at me.
Edison Club...yuck. It had gone seriously downhill the last few times I played there...that was 4 or 5 years ago though, so maybe it's made a comeback.

Talk to me more about this. Something I don't know a whole heck of a lot about, but am definitely interested in *gulp* competitive golf.

Edison Club...yuck. It had gone seriously downhill the last few times I played there...that was 4 or 5 years ago though, so maybe it's made a comeback.
Pete, you can talk to Aaron also about this...................pick the tourneys you want to play in(I picked mine already!) USGA rules,handicapped flights and if you win your flight,you're invited to OakHill! Lotta beautiful courses and if there's someone you want to play with,request it at registration.
There are spotters and rules officials around the courses so it's like playing in a Pro environment but fun!

Pete, you can talk to Aaron also about this...................pick the tourneys you want to play in(I picked mine already!) USGA rules,handicapped flights and if you win your flight,you're invited to OakHill! Lotta beautiful courses and if there's someone you want to play with,request it at registration.
There are spotters and rules officials around the courses so it's like playing in a Pro environment but fun!
Pondering....

NYSGA 2014 schedule is out guys and there are some really good locations on there..

http://www.nysga.org/statedays/index.html

I thought about doing some of these last year. I was 1st alternate for one and didn't end up playing(which didn't bother me I went to my home course and played 36 that day). Going to try and sprinkle a few in this year. Some good courses out our way. Albany CC is where I got married, I have been lucky to get 4 rounds of golf on that track. Those greens are some of the best I have ever putted on. They are big and pretty slick.

Wouldn't mind getting out for that one at Ravenwood. Always wanted to play there after driving it by it on the thruway 100 times.

I thought about doing some of these last year. I was 1st alternate for one and didn't end up playing(which didn't bother me I went to my home course and played 36 that day). Going to try and sprinkle a few in this year. Some good courses out our way. Albany CC is where I got married, I have been lucky to get 4 rounds of golf on that track. Those greens are some of the best I have ever putted on. They are big and pretty slick.

Wouldn't mind getting out for that one at Ravenwood. Always wanted to play there after driving it by it on the thruway 100 times.
I just pulled up the schedule on my laptop, and I am impressed.

Albany CC, Sagamore, Colonie CC, Mohawk GC, and the Country Club of Troy are all in our backyard that I've NEVER played.

And I have NO problem traveling out west to play in a few others.

First alternate...are these hard to get in to?

Albany CC, Sagamore, Colonie CC, Mohawk GC, and the Country Club of Troy are all in our backyard that I've NEVER played.

Definitely a good list.
I don't think so. I had to wait to make sure I could secure the day off because it was at the end of senate session last year so work was hectic. It was at Saratoga National so it attracted a good crowd.

You'll have no problem getting in. The entrants are posted on the registraton site and you can not only see how many but also who is playing.There is a cut off date that is posted well in advance of registration.

You'll have no problem getting in. The entrants are posted on the registraton site and you can not only see how many but also who is playing.There is a cut off date that is posted well in advance of registration.

I second what Allan said. I never had an issue getting into any of the tournaments I entered. I think if you wait until the last minute of a couple - Irondequoit CC being one of them - you do have the potential to be shut out. But if you plan out far enough ahead and identify tournaments you want to play in - you won't be shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back