Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like something I could get involved in, in maybe 2 seasons. Gotta get my game back to consistent before I go public competition!

Pete, you can talk to Aaron also about this...................pick the tourneys you want to play in(I picked mine already!) USGA rules,handicapped flights and if you win your flight,you're invited to OakHill! Lotta beautiful courses and if there's someone you want to play with,request it at registration.
There are spotters and rules officials around the courses so it's like playing in a Pro environment but fun!

Allan, remind me again how you become a member of NYSGA and what the requirements are. Thanks

Allan, remind me again how you become a member of NYSGA and what the requirements are. Thanks
You need $35.00 to register into NYSGA,then you need an established Ghinn handicap(which you can get by joining NYSGA and posting,I believe,8-10 scores).
When you join,you are automatically entered into Ghinn. Piece of cake! you can go to their website and check everything out.

You need $35.00 to register into NYSGA,then you need an established Ghinn handicap(which you can get by joining NYSGA and posting,I believe,8-10 scores).
When you join,you are automatically entered into Ghinn. Piece of cake! you can go to their website and check everything out.
Can you enter scores from last year? Or does it have to be 10 scores from the current season. Nothing is concrete for me at this point, just wondering if I'd get 10 rounds in before these kick off in April (yeah right, I'll have six rounds in for the two THP trips I take in March).

Will do. Thanks, Allan. Might be halfway through the season before I get 10 rounds in this year.

Can you enter scores from last year? Or does it have to be 10 scores from the current season. Nothing is concrete for me at this point, just wondering if I'd get 10 rounds in before these kick off in April (yeah right, I'll have six rounds in for the two THP trips I take in March).

I don't think it will let you post scores from last year. I actually had a problem getting enough scores in prior to my first tournament because of the weather. I think I had 7 scores entered and luckily that ended up being enough for them.

Talk to me more about this. Something I don't know a whole heck of a lot about, but am definitely interested in *gulp* competitive golf.

Edison Club...yuck. It had gone seriously downhill the last few times I played there...that was 4 or 5 years ago though, so maybe it's made a comeback.

We will talk more.. It is a lot of fun and I made more out of it the first round then I really needed to.

We will talk more.. It is a lot of fun and I made more out of it the first round then I really needed to.
At the Simulator gather on Feb 9

Aaron is a seasoned pro at these events and will tell you that you just need to relax,don't worry about "competition" and enjoy the great courses we get to play!

NYSGA.org go to State Days and all the info is there

I thought about doing some of these last year. I was 1st alternate for one and didn't end up playing(which didn't bother me I went to my home course and played 36 that day). Going to try and sprinkle a few in this year. Some good courses out our way. Albany CC is where I got married, I have been lucky to get 4 rounds of golf on that track. Those greens are some of the best I have ever putted on. They are big and pretty slick.

Wouldn't mind getting out for that one at Ravenwood. Always wanted to play there after driving it by it on the thruway 100 times.

I think a couple of them is perfect. I did 3 and that was about right. It was fun and a learning experience for me all at once. Playing on some great courses to boot.

I definitely plan on checking out the Ravenwood, Irondequoit and a few others. I have played Greystone a couple of times and that course is a bear.

Anytime you want to do a scouting trip for Ravenwood, let us know. springtime before they jack the rates up is a good time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think a couple of them is perfect. I did 3 and that was about right. It was fun and a learning experience for me all at once. Playing on some great courses to boot.

I definitely plan on checking out the Ravenwood, Irondequoit and a few others. I have played Greystone a couple of times and that course is a bear.

Anytime you want to do a scouting trip for Ravenwood, let us know. springtime before they jack the rates up is a good time.

I may be in the minority, but I don't believe it's worth the $70 they charge in prime season. Spring sounds good to me.

NYSGA might be the best option for me to get an official handicap.

I may be in the minority, but I don't believe it's worth the $70 they charge in prime season. Spring sounds good to me.

NYSGA might be the best option for me to get an official handicap.

I have long thought Mill Creek is better and cheaper. After Memorial Day it is $75-80 a round.

Edit: that is the greens fee for Ravenwood.

Stats for mine and Maddog's first week of the winter league on the sim! (If anyone cares lol!)

Me...

Birdies..3
Pars..5
Double Bogeys..1 ( :( )
Score..35
Score to par..-1
Longest Drive..263
Fairways..4
GIR's..6
Putts..14
Putts per GIR..1.67
Driving Average..251

Maddog

Birdies..1
Pars..5
Bogeys..3
Score..38
Score to par..+2
Longest Drive..259 (And it was a sissy fade)
Fairways..4
GIR's..7
Putts..19
Putts per GIR..2.14
Driving Average..242

What happened? I thought Maddog was driving the ball about 320-330!!

I shot 46 with 5 lost balls last night. #whatsimulator #soundslikearealround

What happened? I thought Maddog was driving the ball about 320-330!!

I think he said 285 but even still :) Must not be as acclimated with that new driver as he thinks :)

I shot 46 with 5 lost balls last night. #whatsimulator #soundslikearealround

How do you lose balls playing on a simulator, it just hits the screen? :)

You need a nice 588 Custom to help that :D

Can't get off the tee.

LOTS of water.

He is doing this on purpose! Will make the divorce with his current driver and move to 588 Custom that much easier! :)

Everyone get their picks in?? I'm taking my boy this week!! Him and Butch Harmon? Look out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back