So I've got a bit of time into Ryse: Son of Rome.

I'm probably not going to spend any time in the multiplayer, but the campaign has been very enjoyable. It plays a lot like the older Assassin's Creed games where you have an attack, a block, and the ability to do combos and executions.

I tend to enjoy these as button mashers, and like that Ryse is less sandbox and more straight line campaign. As fun as open world games are, having an obvious line towards the goal is a nice relaxing change of pace. To add to everything, the game looks great, and it's not the typical 'shooter' which is a great adjustment from the norm.

I really enjoyed Ryse. Though the story was pretty predictable, I still thought it was very well done. It was definitely a nice change of pace from BF4 and Forza that I had been playing.

Since I've unlocked the hardest difficulty, I think I'm going to give it another run through.

I really enjoyed Ryse. Though the story was pretty predictable, I still thought it was very well done. It was definitely a nice change of pace from BF4 and Forza that I had been playing.

Since I've unlocked the hardest difficulty, I think I'm going to give it another run through.

I don't have much of an issue with predictable gameplay -- I see the campaign mode as somewhat of an interactive movie now that gaming systems graphics are so strong..

It was really enjoyable for me. As mentioned, without the sandbox forcing me to really think about where to go, I just got to enjoy the game for what it was.

I don't have much of an issue with predictable gameplay -- I see the campaign mode as somewhat of an interactive movie now that gaming systems graphics are so strong..

It was really enjoyable for me. As mentioned, without the sandbox forcing me to really think about where to go, I just got to enjoy the game for what it was.

Agreed, I had no problems with the gameplay at all. I just meant the story was predictable, as in about 1/4 of the way through I had a pretty good idea how it was going to end. I still thought Crytek did a great job telling the story and the cut scenes were flat out amazing. The voices matched the lips and facial expressions of the characters, I was very impressed.

Just got a download code to participate in the Titanfall Alpha testing that is available until Jan. 19th. Looking forward to trying the game out over the weekend!

Anyone download the powerstar golf? I got it a couple if days ago. It's so so, the boy seems to like it? I also have cod, bf4 and forza. Gamertag lockman850

swing your swing

Maybe, maybe not?? Crickets

swing your swing

Is there a thread where we are sharing gamertags? I am BigFoss727. I play COD, Forza, NBA, and Ghosts. Let me know!

Any body excited for titan fall?

swing your swing

swing your swing

Definitely. Haven't pre-ordered, but I'll be picking up a copy. COD and Battlefield are growing a little stale.

So I've got a bit of time into Ryse: Son of Rome.

I'm probably not going to spend any time in the multiplayer, but the campaign has been very enjoyable. It plays a lot like the older Assassin's Creed games where you have an attack, a block, and the ability to do combos and executions.

I tend to enjoy these as button mashers, and like that Ryse is less sandbox and more straight line campaign. As fun as open world games are, having an obvious line towards the goal is a nice relaxing change of pace. To add to everything, the game looks great, and it's not the typical 'shooter' which is a great adjustment from the norm.

Love Ryse. Here are a few videos I made of the gameplay. And 1 I had a combo of 221, it would've been more, but that was till the end of the match. A few of these clips I have around 1500 views. This game is beautiful to watch, maybe a little gory ,lol;

[video=youtube;DDB-StlEoN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDB-StlEoN8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUuxRRbOuEMxgD4KTX7WS1Gw[/video]

If you like them, please +1 them on youtube.

Last edited:
Okay I am still on the fence on whether to get an XBox One or a PS4....haven't really been much of a gamer in the last several years..but maybe it's time to go back to it.

If you are not traditionally a gamer, then the xbox one is a no-brainer. It is so much more than a video game system. The ps4 is a video game system plain and simple. Plus microsoft has a few aces up their sleeve which have yet to be mentioned, but supposedly will change the way video games are played. Excited to find out how they will do this. Obviously with cloud computing, but what?????

Definitely. Haven't pre-ordered, but I'll be picking up a copy. COD and Battlefield are growing a little stale.

I just preordered my copy yesterday and I'm with you BF4 is getting old already

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

swing your swing

Hell yea! The beta was so good. Got the game, controller, and the atlas headset! Oh and all of next week off work! Can't wait!

Swingguru now available for xbox kinect, Whoooo hoooo. Been waiting for this! So glad I didn't buy an optishot or p3proswing!
[url]http://www.swinguru.com/newsletter-february-2014/?utm_content=buffera5903&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer [/URL]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Yea for 395 dollars and I dont think it works with the Xbox, just the kinect that works via usb not the large XB1 connector. Not sure didnt look into it that much

Yea for 395 dollars and I dont think it works with the Xbox, just the kinect that works via usb not the large XB1 connector. Not sure didnt look into it that much

as quoted in article;
My Swinguru 1.2 is available
My Swinguru 1.2 has been released soon after PGA Show! If you didn’t upgrade yet, please contact us. The main new features are the following : cloud-based user management, swings statistics per user, support for both Kinect & Open NI cameras, and more! It is also now possible to trial & use My Swinguru with a Kinect for Xbox!

I emailed them for more info.

as quoted in article;
My Swinguru 1.2 is available
My Swinguru 1.2 has been released soon after PGA Show! If you didn’t upgrade yet, please contact us. The main new features are the following : cloud-based user management, swings statistics per user, support for both Kinect & Open NI cameras, and more! It is also now possible to trial & use My Swinguru with a Kinect for Xbox!

I emailed them for more info.

Awesome let us know!

Well heard from swinguru. The original Kinect for xbox will work with swinguru with the Ac adapter/power supply that comes with it for pc. One came with mine. You can get a 30 day free trial.
But then he said; "Hey lionel, for the moment you can plug the Kinect 1 (Xbox 360) on your computer with a USB adaptator. In the future, we'll be fully compatible with Kinect 2 AND Xbox one."

Well that is good enough for me. Got my xbox one already, now to wait.
I will wait for the xbox one version as the kinect sensor is 10x better. here are a few facts about how the kinect 2 is vastly superior to the original, and maybe the free trial is worth waiting for on xbox one.
-can detect up to 25 joints on up to 6 people at once
-full skeletal and muscular tracking
-can detect facial expressions
-can detect your heartbeat
-uses active IR scanning so lighting won't be an issue
-can distinguish between 2 voices talking at once.
-1080p camera
-biometric scanner, so you can switch between players without using a controller

Hope they come out with that soon!

Last edited:
Titan fall, is it living up to the hype? I picked my copy up at midnight on Monday. I haven't gotten the chance to play a lot but so far good impressions. Graphics are sweet and controls smooth. I was expecting a single person campaign and a little bummed to not have one.

swing your swing

Matty is playing titanfall right now.

Game is LEGIT.

Back