Nike VR_S Covert Driver 2.0 Commercial - Those That Think Innovation Is Dead

Wouldn't it have been better suited last year with the 1.0?

Personally, I think the other way. Last year people could see what they perceived as large differences. This year differences are not seen as easily, so it makes sense for the timing. My opinion anyway.

Tiger and Rory have both raved about this driver and for the people who say Tiger can't hit a driver , look at his numbers they don't lie.

I like the ad.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Personally, I think the other way. Last year people could see what they perceived as large differences. This year differences are not seen as easily, so it makes sense for the timing. My opinion anyway.

I'm with JB on this one. All too often people believe that innovation must come in the form of some kind of radical redesign when in reality some of the most effective changes in club performance are the ones you can't see.

I'm with JB on this one. All too often people believe that innovation must come in the form of some kind of radical redesign when in reality some of the most effective changes in club performance are the ones you can't see.

Yet their examples in the commercial are all major differences. Doesn't really matter. My opinion is that it would've been better timing to run this last year. It's still an okay commercial.

Not too bad.

I really can't wait for more info on this club when it comes out. The FW and hybrid were really solid. The driver, not so much. With a little tweaking, maybe they made it noticeably better? If the stories about much of their staff changing from the 1.0 to the 2.0 are true, that's pretty telling.

Yet their examples in the commercial are all major differences. Doesn't really matter. My opinion is that it would've been better timing to run this last year. It's still an okay commercial.

Commercial is definitely hyperbole, but I think their point gets across pretty clearly.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

the commercial is great, and i'm excited to try this puppy out...

that said, i don't understand the design behind the 'cavity-backed' woods that nike is championing. I mean isn't everything behind the face of the wood technically a cavity? Is this just another way for them to move a few grams of weight around to the sides without using a weighting system? Does this achieve basically the same thing as other drivers are doing... ('perimeter weighting' for MOI puproses?)just giving it a different look to sell clubs? (standing out is important in an oversaturated market.)

the commercial is great, and i'm excited to try this puppy out...

that said, i don't understand the design behind the 'cavity-backed' woods that nike is championing. I mean isn't everything behind the face of the wood technically a cavity? Is this just another way for them to move a few grams of weight around to the sides without using a weighting system? Does this achieve basically the same thing as other drivers are doing... ('perimeter weighting' for MOI puproses?)just giving it a different look to sell clubs? (standing out is important in an oversaturated market.)

IMO Nike was the 1st to move the weight forward with the Covert but chose the completely idiotic marketing campaign of a cavity back driver. Had they highlighted the possible benefits of low spin and higher launch route that TMAG took it would've been much more beneficial.

Last edited:
It was okay to me. I liked the message thought the delivery could have been a bit better.

Back