Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Do people lean more towards hybrids rather than irons? Are hybrids the wave of the future? hee hee

I like my hybrid, but I think I would actually lean toward a 3 iron once I got consistent enough to hit it well. For me, for some reason, I like the feel of hitting with irons. Hitting the hybrid is much much easier for me though.

I think hybrids are here to stay with regular irons slowly fading away. There will always be folks like me who prefer playing with regular irons, but there will always be many, many more folks who will play better with hybrids. I have a set of hybrid irons, and a set of regular looking irons. I play the same with both sets, with the regular irons getting the most play.

I love my 3 and 4 hybrids because they are easy to hit and send the ball downrange. I always had a problem of topping the ball when using the irons. If I were able to hit the irons consistently, I would probably use them though. Standard irons seem more versatile for hitting different trajectories depending on the situation.

I love hitting 3 and 4 hybrids. I don't like anything over or lower than those though. Above I would rather hit a wood and below I like hitting a regular iron.

I only have a 4 and 5 hybrid but I also have a 5 iron. I'm starting to get a little bit more comfortable with my hybrids, they're still a beast to use, not as bad as the 1 and 3 wood that I have!

Reading over your question, I think I failed to answer it the first time lol. I think hybrids are going to be here to stay. Look at Y.E. Yang and his famous shot on his way to beating Tiger.

Reading over your question, I think I failed to answer it the first time lol. I think hybrids are going to be here to stay. Look at Y.E. Yang and his famous shot on his way to beating Tiger.

Hmmm....will have to check that out :)

Hybrids are easier to hit and more versatile than long irons ask Allen Doyle and Dana Quigley off the Seniors Tour.They are hear to stay and I love the Adams Pro Gold 3i and 4i,superb clubs.

I replaced my long irons with hybrids. My irons only go 5-PW

I'm glad I did it this way.

I replaced my long irons with hybrids. My irons only go 5-PW

I'm glad I did it this way.

I'm at 6-PW. And still looking to replace the 6 iron!

i've always been a 'sweeper' so hybrids are perfect for me. i carry a 3 and 4. back in the day i carried a 7-wood (the original Heavenwood) as a 3 iron replacement....it was magical.

hybrids are here to stay.....too bad more people aren't smart enough to see their benefit. (that would be a shout out to all those 2-iron wielding, 225 yard banana slice into the opposite fairway from the tips people)

I like my hybrid, but I think I would actually lean toward a 3 iron once I got consistent enough to hit it well. For me, for some reason, I like the feel of hitting with irons. Hitting the hybrid is much much easier for me though.

I am very much the same! I love hitting my irons & prefer to play them but use the Hybrid because I find it easier to hit a long way more consistently. Many are the same - definitely here to stay

I'm currently playing hybrids, but torn. On one hand, hybrids are easier to make contact, and get the ball downrange in a hurry. I'm even contemplating replacing my 5iron. On the other hand, I tend to hit low irons straighter than low hybrids. Not a huge deal, just happens every so often if I'm not paying attention to my swing...

Are hybrids played a little ahead of your stance? Also, are they a mixture of irons and woods?

Are hybrids played a little ahead of your stance? Also, are they a mixture of irons and woods?

I typically address the ball just ahead of center when using my hybrid (where I would normally play a long iron shot). The hybrids play more like an iron but have the club mass similar to a wood. This allows the club makers to put more weight at the bottom of the club head to make it easier to get the ball into the air.

Back