Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great time at the range in the Paddock Golf Dome with Six4three5 and Maddog701.
Productive session and felt I hit the ball pretty well (for me that is).
Mike, thanks for the tips, they were really helpful.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but the Bridgestone flat brim looks pretty slick.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but the Bridgestone flat brim looks pretty slick.

I can believe. The Bridgestone flat brim is SICK!

Andy was looking good today! Maddog kept the "white shirt dome" memo going. He was hitting the ball pretty solidly today too!

u5e4ymy3.jpg
ybumenem.jpg
2yjesu2y.jpg

Andy was looking good today! Maddog kept the "white shirt dome" memo going. He was hitting the ball pretty solidly today too!

u5e4ymy3.jpg
ybumenem.jpg
2yjesu2y.jpg

White shirts, white hats.. You all got the memo. Just read it differently. :)

Looking good guys!!!!

Have to agree as well Bridgestone flatbrim looks phenomenal!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jimmy, that sweet swing of yours was looking good too.
Mike was pounding it, would've been at least 300 with the driver :)

Glad you could make it there. I really have to get there this weekend cuz a week from Sat. I'm swinging! Have a good time on 2/9 guys.Wish I could be there but............ Oh,Jeanne says "Hi" to all and is looking foreward to playing NYSGA this season. I'm not yet sure about my 3wood. It's almost like hitting a driver off the deck for me.

Thanks Jimmy, that sweet swing of yours was looking good too.
Mike was pounding it, would've been at least 300 with the driver :)

Haha he's always got excuses as to why it's not going 300 any more. "The dome is only 85 yards long or else that would have been 300!" "The sim isn't exactly dialed in or else that would have been 300!"

Haha he's always got excuses as to why it's not going 300 any more. "The dome is only 85 yards long or else that would have been 300!" "The sim isn't exactly dialed in or else that would have been 300!"

You have no respect for the elders! Let him live his moment. Besides,he's bigger than you!

You have no respect for the elders! Let him live his moment. Besides,he's bigger than you!

Haha you should see how he treats me on the course with his "mind games" I'm only giving it back :D

Haha you should see how he treats me on the course with his "mind games" I'm only giving it back :D

I have been there to see it and Maddog only gets what he deserves. :)

All kidding aside, Maddog was striping the ball, maybe not 300 :) but I didn't see him hit a bad strike the whole session.
I was impressed, and like I said before, his tips were very helpful too.
Mike and Jimmy both have that consistent, repeatable swing I'm striving for.

every drive I hit is 300 or close to it!!!!! is 50 yards close? lol. "golf is played on a five and a half inch course.....the space between your ears." I know this to be true because the great bobby jones said it. ( and I have a very nice wall hanging in my office that says it and I look at it everyday) !!!

andy, glad I could be of help, once you get the timing and hands in the right spot you should be bombing it by me and jimmy ( not sure about aaron though, he was killing his new driver last we played )

wonder if jim is going to cross country ski to plumb creek on the 9th ?

could be a mini morgan cup battle between pete and jimmy!!!!!! I root for who ever buys the beer , lol

aaron, just remember, don't tighten those forearms, lol

as for us old timers allan, the young guns will get theirs this summer, lol

I will definitely be at the dome on Sunday...only 11 days to go!

Well a good sessions at the Dome led to a rough day on the sim today for me. Maddog dog didn't play all that well either, but he held it together better than I did. Such a short and easy course ate me up today. I think I was 7 over with a 42 and Maddog was 4 over 39. Just a rough day for me. Had maybe 3-4 good shots, other than that I had nothing!

Well a good sessions at the Dome led to a rough day on the sim today for me. Maddog dog didn't play all that well either, but he held it together better than I did. Such a short and easy course ate me up today. I think I was 7 over with a 42 and Maddog was 4 over 39. Just a rough day for me. Had maybe 3-4 good shots, other than that I had nothing!
I'm struggling tonight too. Left three par putts short so far, lost two tee shots, and am wildly inconsistent with distances. I feel like I'm actually chunking the ball off the turf mat.

I blame the snow, the subzero temps, and the two months we have to wait before we're outside.

I'm struggling tonight too. Left three par putts short so far, lost two tee shots, and am wildly inconsistent with distances. I feel like I'm actually chunking the ball off the turf mat.

I blame the snow, the subzero temps, and the two months we have to wait before we're outside.

Agreed! Damn Old Man Winter! Only good I can take from this round is it will help give me a handicap after shooting -1 on the first week.

Agreed! Damn Old Man Winter! Only good I can take from this round is it will help give me a handicap after shooting -1 on the first week.

Both you guys are at least hitting - I am just going to the gym. I am getting the itch and it is only January.

Ever since my last post, I have one-putted three straight holes. For pars. I stink.

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Ever since my last post, I have one-putted three straight holes. For pars. I stink.

So you parred the last 3 holes and you say you stink? Are you and Shankasorous related?

I will definitely be at the dome on Sunday...only 11 days to go!

Allan, you better figure out how to post pics cause I think everyone is gonna want to see those Vegas courses since we'll all probably be in another polar vortex back here.

So Pete, is the Sim for your league comparable to the one at Plum creek?

So Pete, is the Sim for your league comparable to the one at Plum creek?
Very similar. Same system, mats, and putting. There are six screens though, and one is 270°
y4a9u9yv.jpg

For a few reasons, I went back to my old irons tonight. No bueno. A whole lot of broken bat singles. I shot 44-44=88 with a few lost balls and a whole lot of one-putts. Pretty ugly.

jimmy is right, what a difference a day makes, had a few shots off line with a couple of bad swings, had a 3 putt and a 4 putt, damn sim screen is tricky. i will take the 39 and call it a good 39 for the way i played.

really looking forward to hitting a golf ball off grass, even if i miss the first few!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back