Taylormade Performance Labs - Part 1

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
On our main site we have part 1 of our 3 part series about the Taylormade Performance Labs. In this one, we sent someone to get fitted that has never gone through anything like this before. The article is filled with pictures and videos. Let us know your thoughts.

The Hackers Paradise Part 1

Great article, JB! Basically using the same type of technology other industries have been using for CGI overlays & computer modeling. We've used similar systems for both vehicle design and workspace ergonomics on the assembly lines. Definitely a shop at the extreme end of the tech spectrum.

The approximate price for a fitting session wasn't nearly as bad as I would have guessed - the site said ~$400 (each location sets pricing) and included all customization other than exotic shafts.

• Admin
That is correct Osahar. Travis at the Grand Cypress location in Orlando is a joy to deal with and it was very interesting watching someone get fitting that has never even had basic fitting before.

Very exciting to see what's available JB. A general fitting is one thing, but this is beyond cool. Too bad they don't have a location in Vegas, I'll be there in a little over a week and would do this in a heartbeat.

My reason for not getting a fitting up till now is more to do with trusting what I'd get. I'm just not that convinced I could find a qualified fitter around here. They all think they are, but how can you be sure your getting the best for your money?

That was a great article JB. But my only question is, HOW MUCH? I think that also has a lot to do with people not getting fitted....is the added expense....and if you don't get a "good fitter" that adjusts your clubs incorrectly than it was a waste of money......On the other hand I found it interesting that no matter what clubs you were using they would still fit you......I thought you had to be fitted with their clubs, and only their clubs......

Very exciting to see what's available JB. A general fitting is one thing, but this is beyond cool. Too bad they don't have a location in Vegas, I'll be there in a little over a week and would do this in a heartbeat.

My reason for not getting a fitting up till now is more to do with trusting what I'd get. I'm just not that convinced I could find a qualified fitter around here. They all think they are, but how can you be sure your getting the best for your money?

There is a great Callaway fitting faciltiy at the end of the strip......

Thanks 82, I don't use Callaway, but may check them out for fun.

Thanks 82, I don't use Callaway, but may check them out for fun.

If not for the club fitting at least for the course or driving range. The range and course are both lighted, and the driving range faces the strip so it's great to look at!

That was a great article JB. But my only question is, HOW MUCH? I think that also has a lot to do with people not getting fitted....is the added expense....and if you don't get a "good fitter" that adjusts your clubs incorrectly than it was a waste of money......On the other hand I found it interesting that no matter what clubs you were using they would still fit you......I thought you had to be fitted with their clubs, and only their clubs......

It differs by location, but the normal price seems to be around $400 for the fitting, club adjustment, and lesson.

It differs by location, but the normal price seems to be around $400 for the fitting, club adjustment, and lesson.

ouch..........

Considering all that is involved, we actually found the price to be less than expected.

Agreed x2. $400 is a good chunk, but considering the system they are using and that all customization (other than exotic shafts) and the lesson are included for the fee it's not nearly as high as I had expected it to run. I was expecting to see something along the lines of $700-$1000 honestly.

Good article. I am going to try and check them out when I am in San Diego in a few weeks.

Just booked a fitting at the Performance Lab located at TPC Sawgrass for next week. Want to get up to date spec's so I can get the TP MC's dialed in.

Just booked a fitting at the Performance Lab located at TPC Sawgrass for next week. Want to get up to date spec's so I can get the TP MC's dialed in.

So jealous. Have fun.

I always thought that if you got the clubs that fit your golf swing mph you were fine. But until I actually went to Club Champion I really found out why you need to get fitted. Yeah it might be kinda pricey to go get fitted but hey your going to find out what golf clubs you really need. That's a lot cheaper than buying a different club every other year because you can't hit it correctly. Every time a friend of mines ask me about a club I always tell them now to go get fitted or at least try it out. Just because its discounted on the internet doesn't mean its the right one for you. And how I got fitted compared to this fitting is different. I would love to have put all this gear on to really find out about your swing. Great write up Josh and this is a great thing to think about.

I actually looked into this at one time. I still feel that for the price its an amazing oppertunity. Other will say its too much, and some will rationalize the spend. If im ever in Orlando this will be a ponder. Great start to this serious.

I actually looked into this at one time. I still feel that for the price its an amazing oppertunity. Other will say its too much, and some will rationalize the spend. If im ever in Orlando this will be a ponder. Great start to this serious.

Remember that in Georgia we have the Kingdom at Reynolds Plantation for TM fittings and they can do all the Performance Lab can and more

KG

Just Tapping Away

This is so freaking cool I hope to do this one day.

Remember that in Georgia we have the Kingdom at Reynolds Plantation for TM fittings and they can do all the Performance Lab can and more

KG

Just Tapping Away

Not sure weather to thank you for that information or be a name dropper when my girlfriend freaks out at me for "disapearing" for a day..both..
Thank you sir, and if you get a pm with all caps it wasnt me :)

That was a very cool article. Comparatively speaking I find the price tag of $400 to be right on par with the rest of the industry. Unfortunately for me I live in a part of the country that is a long...long ways away from any type of facility like this. I do hope one day to be able to attend a true professional fitting because I have no doubt it would do wonders in terms of my performance and enjoyment of the game. Until then though, I am left using my best judgment. Can't wait for the next two installments of this.

That was a very cool article. Comparatively speaking I find the price tag of $400 to be right on par with the rest of the industry. Unfortunately for me I live in a part of the country that is a long...long ways away from any type of facility like this. I do hope one day to be able to attend a true professional fitting because I have no doubt it would do wonders in terms of my performance and enjoyment of the game. Until then though, I am left using my best judgment. Can't wait for the next two installments of this.

Havent found part 3, here is the link for Part 2.

Part 2
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=5635

It isn't that far from you - there's a facility in Portland at the Columbia Edgewater CC, which is right near the airport [someone might be planning a visit if he lands a TM spot in the MC:) ]

Back