anurudyv.jpg

qu6adu5y.jpg

I have no idea what they do!

yraqanyz.jpg

ahema4e3.jpg

yra5a3et.jpg

OOh.. post more info on the ES14!

I have no idea what they do!

Another mobile launch monitor for the average golfer to take to the range and get instant feedback on numbers.

hope they changed the voice of the lady on the monitor. #Monotone

Another mobile launch monitor for the average golfer to take to the range and get instant feedback on numbers.
This one is a bit better. More info.

I have always wanted one of these. Damn you poverty line :act-up:

Can't wait for more info on this, ready to dip into child's college savings and purchase.

If this thing can actually give an accurate launch angle and spin rate and not cost a fortune, that could be a game-changer. Very interested in learning more about this one. I was always a bit skeptical of the ES12 and how it calculated carry distances.

OOh.. post more info on the ES14!

When we have it we will for sure. I'm curious as it does spin, at 450.00 I want to know if it's a guesstimate by the device or actual spin numbers. Hopefully THP can get one in hands down the road, it's incredible interesting.

ES14 could be a winner, not enough data on the ES12 for me to be interested.

I took the leap and ordered the ES14 today over the phone. During the PGA show the price is reduced $100 to $350. $100 more than the ES12 but adds 4 new measurements of club speed, launch angle, spin rate, smash factor. Was told it would ship in 2 weeks. It should improve my feedback (and interest) while whacking balls into the net this winter.

Very interested in this. I volunteer for any testing needed.

I took the leap and ordered the ES14 today over the phone. During the PGA show the price is reduced $100 to $350. $100 more than the ES12 but adds 4 new measurements of club speed, launch angle, spin rate, smash factor. Was told it would ship in 2 weeks. It should improve my feedback (and interest) while whacking balls into the net this winter.

I thought with it behing a dopler type reading system it needs to have more room than hitting into a net? I am probably wrong about that though.

2014 Ernest Sports - Booth

How did you order and get that deal? Just call and they honored the show price?

yes, you call their office. 855.354.GOLF (4653) to get the show price through Friday.

yes, you call their office. 855.354.GOLF (4653) to get the show price through Friday.

Thanks for this. I think I'll join you in the leap of faith... well, I'll ask my wife at least =).. Did you ask how far the ball needs to travel to get a good reading? I have about 3 feet till ball hits the net.

Thank you, serious ponder. Would love some real user feedback before dropping the kind of coin.

May have to pull the trigger tomorrow.

according to their user guide for the ES 12 they tell you the best position for the unit. I assume the ES 14 would be similar. 3 feet till you hit the net is enough distance.
[h=3]Positioning the ES12[/h] Once club selection has been made, fully extend the kickstand out of the back of the ES12 and place the device 12-14 inches beside your ball and 12-14 inches downrange of your ball (see illustration to right). Position the ES12 on the ground with the front of the device facing the direction you will be hitting the ball.
  • Quick Tip: Balls not hit cleanly may not be read properly by the device, particularly if a substantial amount of debris from the ground passes into the doppler field.
  • Quick Tip: When hitting wedges, due to the degree of ball flight, the ES12 may need to be placed only 3-6 inches downrange from your ball placement (as opposed to typical 12-14 inches).

according to their user guide for the ES 12 they tell you the best position for the unit. I assume the ES 14 would be similar. 3 feet till you hit the net is enough distance.
[h=3]Positioning the ES12[/h] Once club selection has been made, fully extend the kickstand out of the back of the ES12 and place the device 12-14 inches beside your ball and 12-14 inches downrange of your ball (see illustration to right). Position the ES12 on the ground with the front of the device facing the direction you will be hitting the ball.
  • Quick Tip: Balls not hit cleanly may not be read properly by the device, particularly if a substantial amount of debris from the ground passes into the doppler field.
  • Quick Tip: When hitting wedges, due to the degree of ball flight, the ES12 may need to be placed only 3-6 inches downrange from your ball placement (as opposed to typical 12-14 inches).

I'll say this, the es14 is WAY bigger in size.

I was thinking the exact same thing, pretty compact unit as well.

I'll say this, the es14 is WAY bigger in size.

If they have one sitting around just grab it and run down to the Trackman booth and test it for us =)

My sentiments exactly. I imagine the ES12 would be great for gapping clubs, but that's about it, even using out doors to see ball flight. If the new version is measuring launch angle and spin rates accurately, using it outdoors and seeing side to side movement and trajectory could make it a great tool.

Back