The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
With Jimmy Fallon hosting the tonight show on February 17th and beyond they took to hockey for their promo, actually pretty funny!

I've never really cared for Leno, but I also rarely stay up late enough for any of them!

I'm a pretty big Jimmy fan. Love the current Late Night set up, so going to be interesting to see the change. Only thing that would have made that promo better.....The Roots shooting at him.

I'm a big jimmy falon fan and stopped watching the tonight show when Leno took over. Glad jimmy is going to be the host

I'm a big jimmy falon fan and stopped watching the tonight show when Leno took over. Glad jimmy is going to be the host

I'll be interested to see if the tonight show crowd sticks around. It's an older crowd so with jimmy coming I wonder if it sticks around with the younger people

I think Fallon will do a great job. Late Night is pretty dang funny and I hope that the same would carry over to The Tonight Show. I assume he is keeping his crew.

I'm a huge Fallon fan. He is such a talent. He will do a great taing over the reigns

I'm a Letterman guy so I won't be watching, but I find it interesting that they are pushing Jay out a 2nd time when he repeatedly pulls the best ratings.

I'm not a big Late Night talk show fan, just never really have been. With that said, I've always enjoyed Jimmy Fallon and what he has done. His music with Justin Timberlake is always great! Of the other guys, I guess I'm more of a fan of Leno than the others, because Leno is such a car guy, and a LOT of his cars are awesome.

I'm happy for him. The show was a bit rough when he first started, but NBC was patient and it really developed well. Now, if NBC can extend that patience to his new time slot...they didn't do it for Conan lol.

I personally think the late nights are getting better. I never was a Leno fan but I think I will watch Jimmy over Dave. I think the newer generation watch more late night, it's the turning of times it's just been a while.

I'm a huge Jimmy Fallon fan. He is hysterical and really connects with this generation. I'm looking forward to him taking over the Tonight Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on team Coco.

I love this move, I like to watch Fallon but it is on too late right now. Jimmy really seems to have found his place and having the Roots on board doesn't hurt either. I just hope that they don't try and change what has been working for him.

I have never been a fan of Leno, but have to admit his show was decent. However, I am a huge fan of Conan, and when he got jobbed I got turned off even more by the Leno program.

With that said, Fallon does an amazing job on his show, and I will definitely tune in and watch this one on the reg.

When Fallon first started on Late night, I thought he was terrible. He has really come a long way though and some of the skits his writers put together are absolutely hilarious.

When Fallon first started on Late night, I thought he was terrible. He has really come a long way though and some of the skits his writers put together are absolutely hilarious.
The Tonight Show with dcbrad has a nice ring to it.

It hasn't been the same since Johnny. I watched it nearly every night since about 1974 or so until he retired. Mom would let me stay up during the week for it!

It hasn't been the same since Johnny. I watched it nearly every night since about 1974 or so until he retired. Mom would let me stay up during the week for it!
I wish I would have been alive for Carson.

I wish I would have been alive for Carson.

You would have been about 10 when he retired, you probably didn't even know who he was then!

Here's the last guest, on the last show:

And possibly the funniest skit I saw:

My dad was a huge fan of Carson and I've seen tons of his episodes. In many ways Jimmy has potential to be the next Johnny. He just seems approachable and innocent, like he's just having a blast. Johnny was like that too. I can't wait for Jimmy to take over.

Frankly, I think that hockey promo is the group of least funny bits Fallon has done. I also agree, it would have worked out much better with the Roots. (And Higgins.) Part of me still feels that Fallon is still a bit chagrined (positively) that he gets to do these crazy things for a living. And he genuinely seems like a nice person. I like that and I wish him well.

I'll also say this, the difference between this Leno transition than the previous one, this time, it is on Leno's terms. (And I think he likes Jimmy Fallon in a way he never liked Conan O'Brien.) Even if you don't like Leno, here's what you need to know about that guys competitiveness, his edge: Leno is the only host that regularly does Stand Up. Constantly builds new material, constantly testing himself on stage. The Industry is rough and tumble, Leno may have undermined Conan, but it was the executives that made the call. And frankly, he's the second most successful late night talk show host in history (IMHO) - you knew he wasn't going down at the top of his game, letting go of something he loved, without fighting for it.

That being said, I truly enjoy all the talk show hosts in their own way, but Fallon, The Roots and Higgins are by far and away my current favorites.

I thought this was really creative and funny. Not the first one they've done but I think it's the best one. Enjoy.

I think his first week was great. He adds a lot to late night tv.

Back