Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bertha......Did someone say Bertha. Yes I am pondering heavily.

Pondering moving away from hybrids, the complete opposite of everyone else. Im thinking of using some of the tech that is availible now in the GI and what I call the PGI (Players Game Improvement) class and putting a 2 or 3 iron into play. Or going with Utility Irons like the new Rapture or 712U. I feel like the forgivness is there with those irons or even going with something the Cleveland MT or TT in 3 iron. Not sure they make a 2-iron in that line.

I had this ponder awhile back as well. Almost bought a Callaway X-Utility awhile ago. It was a great club and so easy to hit of the turf. But then I hit Callaways new X2Hot hybrids and I am not sure I have hit a better club. Easy to hit and just go on forever. I am sure you will get a chance to swing it this year.

Bertha......Did someone say Bertha. Yes I am pondering heavily.

I have moved beyond pondering this one and moved on to full blown commitment.

Adjustable 5w, its kind of bc of Hawk, could play it around 17*, solid 4w range.

Adjustable 5w, its kind of bc of Hawk, could play it around 17*, solid 4w range.

I just turned my amp cell down to that for tomorrows Sim round

I just turned my amp cell down to that for tomorrows Sim round

I was thinking of going with a strong lofted 5 wood in the Bio Cell instead of a weak lofted 3 wood but I was too afraid I'd lose too much distance.

Pondering moving away from hybrids, the complete opposite of everyone else. Im thinking of using some of the tech that is availible now in the GI and what I call the PGI (Players Game Improvement) class and putting a 2 or 3 iron into play. Or going with Utility Irons like the new Rapture or 712U. I feel like the forgivness is there with those irons or even going with something the Cleveland MT or TT in 3 iron. Not sure they make a 2-iron in that line.

This is a very intriguing ponder. I hit Spicoli's Apex 3-iron off the tee a few times at True Blue with phenomenal results. I remember telling him before the first swing that I've never been able to play a 3-iron. After that round I have really been thinking about bagging a 3 for the MC. Obviously, I will need more than a few swings to make a decision but it definitely got me thinking. I also don't know how well I could hit it off the deck. I'm not a fan of having a 3-iron that is strictly for use off a tee. However, 2-iron is absolutely out of the question haha.

Bio Cell + driver shaft tbd
Bio Cell + 3 wood shaft tbd
Bio Cell + 5 wood shaft tbd
Bio Cell + Irons 1/2 inch long standard lie and loft 3 thru PW DGS300
Tour Trusty 54 degree
Tour Trusty 58 Degree
SeeMore Black Gunmetal DB4 if it's available to us

Bio Cell + driver
Bio Cell + 3 wood
Bio Cell + 5 wood
Bio Cell + Irons 1/2 inch long standard lie and loft 3 thru PW
Tour Trusty 54 degree
Tour Trusty 58 Degree
SeeMore Black Gunmetal DB4 if it's available to us

Seems like a solid bag TB. Any idea what colors you plan to roll with?

All black buddy, The Mamba!

So boring. Jesper does not approve.

Lol, does that mean I'll get passed by come team picks lol. Remember, fairways and greens are only boring to those not hitting them.

You hush up your mouth! A murdered out cobra bag has me at half mast right now.

Lol, does that mean I'll get passed by come team picks lol. Remember, fairways and greens are only boring to those not hitting them.

I hit very few fairways and greens when we played and I was definitely not bored watching you do it. It got to the point where I just expected it to happen and I didn't even need to watch.

Agreed. He almost spit in James's drink when I told him he was going to do that.

Of course not. You are going to be tough to beat with some forgiving Cobra bag of awesomeness no matter how plain. #Swagger

You hush up your mouth! A murdered out cobra bag has me at half mast right now.

So many jokes. Must refrain.

Agreed. He almost spit in James's drink when I told him he was going to do that.

After seeing the new Cobra line in person and talking to the reps at the PGA show, what do you think your bag would look like if you were a Cobra staffer this year?

After seeing the new Cobra line in person and talking to the reps at the PGA show, what do you think your bag would look like if you were a Cobra staffer this year?

Tough choice between the bio cell and bio cell+ irons. Really like them both. Bio cell+ are very nice and more compact than I thought they'd be. The + fw line is tiny, so I'd go regular there. Driver I don't know I'd have to hit them both.

Tough choice between the bio cell and bio cell+ irons. Really like them both. Bio cell+ are very nice and more compact than I thought they'd be. The + fw line is tiny, so I'd go regular there. Driver I don't know I'd have to hit them both.

Seems like most people are finding the it to be a tougher choice than expected with the irons. Maybe go combo set?

I'm leaning straight Bio through everything now, no +, maybe driver, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back