Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Fairway Wood Preview

The AMP? Its doable off the deck, still a little deep and larger footprint and they addressed that directly with the Bio this year. Solid fairway though, love mine.

5w to 17* might be "it" for me. Love the thoughts of that.

Sorry, meant to say Bio but you were able to answer my question anyway. Darn, you're good. :D
Bio 5W @ 17 is a solid ponder too. I'm going to be really busy during the March demo days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Honestly I thought the bio would be a big wood. However with the video the regular looks pleasing. Will definitely hit both but I'm leaning toward the regulars now

These things look so damn good it's not funny, I have my bag picked and I see 11 + signs lol. The 3 and 5 woods in the + model look incredible and are right up my alley!

I spent over an hour hitting 5 woods on a monitor after work today. I was comparing the Bio Cell and the X2Hot.
X2Hot is longest and that is not even up for debate as far as I'm concerned but I don't need my 5 wood to be a distance monster...I need it to fill a specific gap.
The Bio Cell with PXv in 5.5 was a consistent 225 carry for me which is exactly what I'm looking for. It looks awesome, completes the top of my bag with a Bio Cell set, and feels better than any other wood I've hit. The forgiveness extends quite far towards the heel and the toe...perfect for a spotty ballstriker like myself. Needless to say, the club was brought home!

Can't get these out of my head. To me, regular is the way to go here but is it 3w to 16 or 5w to 17.

Can't get these out of my head. To me, regular is the way to go here but is it 3w to 16 or 5w to 17.

Depends on use and swing I guess. Insert duh. For me if its off the tee id go 3 at 15. If more of the deck id go 5 as it's always easier for me to hit a 5 off the turf.

Depends on use and swing I guess. Insert duh. For me if its off the tee id go 3 at 15. If more of the deck id go 5 as it's always easier for me to hit a 5 off the turf.

For me, 4w loft is the way to go, and for many it ends up being longer than a 15* anyways because they get easier better launch that they need.

Driver, 4w lofted fairway, 22ish hybo, then irons for me all day every day.

I picked up the bio+ 3/4w briefly yesterday. Unfortunately no swing with it. Feels really good in hand. Smaller head but great shaft pairing. Need to hit it for sure

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

For me, 4w loft is the way to go, and for many it ends up being longer than a 15* anyways because they get easier better launch that they need.

Driver, 4w lofted fairway, 22ish hybo, then irons for me all day every day.

Pretty close here but with an addition 19 hybo.

Pretty close here but with an addition 19 hybo.

I thought about it, but a 4w here will open up the bottom of my bag for a high lofted wedge, which could be really handy in some spots in Myrtle.

11.5/16or17/22ish/into the 5i.

Yum.

I thought about it, but a 4w here will open up the bottom of my bag for a high lofted wedge, which could be really handy in some spots in Myrtle.

Yum.

Ill keep the banter to a minimum but one of these days id love to pick your brain over equipment..

Ill keep the banter to a minimum but one of these days id love to pick your brain over equipment..

Its all good dude, we're basing all this off the fairways.

That said, I'm always here to help or be an ear to bend when I can, its the part of the job I love the most!

Yum.

I may just copy your bag or have Josh suprise me. I think I could be happy either way.

I meant in just a generalized statement as in all equipmnt lol. As far as the woods setup, im not a long driver of the ball or any club for that matter. So having more selection at the top is more important to me. Ofcourse ill being talking to my rep but im thinking 3/4 regular for off the tee and 5/7 + for off the deck.

I meant in just a generalized statement as in all equipmnt lol. As far as the woods setup, im not a long driver of the ball or any club for that matter. So having more selection at the top is more important to me. Ofcourse ill being talking to my rep but im thinking 3/4 regular for off the tee and 5/7 + for off the deck.

I am going with a similar setup although no + for me. If I can't reach a target from the deck with a 5 wood I shouldn't be going after it at all anyway.

First round with the Bio Cell 4 wood and 7 wood today. I hit 4 or 5 quality shots from the deck with the 7 wood and 2 of those were from uneven lies. On the 472 yard par 5 12th I blasted a 4 wood down the pipe about 245 and then hit a soaring 7 wood to the front of the green, leading to my only birdie on the day. Thank you Bio Cells!
I did snap hook one tee shot with the 4 wood straight into a pond, but trust me, not even a non-conforming club could have saved that swing.

All in all, I'm really quite excited for these fairways going forward. They are both exactly what I wanted and play to the distances I want them to play to. No, I didn't gain 'x' amount of yards over my previous woods but what I did gain was ease of use and consistency, much nicer sound, much nicer looks at address, and a far superior launch.
I wasn't sure how this was going to work out but the 7x3 as a fairway shaft is really nice. It kicks nice and hard and gives a wicked piercing mid-flight for a 3/4 wood.

Nice, Army. These have me entirely enamored right now, b/w these and the drivers....I drool a LOT.

I had the opportunity to hit both the plus and regular Bio Cell today at a demo day, here are my thoughts. My current 3wd is a R11 w 80G stiff shaft and CHS avg 100mph with that club usually for comparison.

BioCell: The club head itself is on par with most fwd woods size wise. PLENTY of forgiveness in this head especially on toe strikes, heel strike pay more of a price both in distance and in line. For me the head is a little big for shots off the deck but I feel the same way about most current 3woods which is why I have kept the old R11 in action. The stock shaft offerings (project x) were weak for me and produced a higher ball flight then I prefer for a 3wd but they didn't have a XS so that may have worked better. I did try a XS red tie 6QM (43inch) in this head and the launch angle came down a good bit but still a bit high for me. Distance wise there was a noticeable carry distance addition with this club in the red tie configuration, no launch monitor but I carried the 250 flag which I cant do with my R11 unless there is a breeze behind me. Some of that maybe the shaft also since its around 15gr lighter. I didn't hit any of these off the deck to get a gauge at turf interaction (doh!) but I would say overall this club is great for someone looking for distance/forgiveness or even a driver replacement.

Bio Cell Plus: This club head by the ball is a thing of beauty IMHO. I forgot to ask what the size of this head is but if any of you remember the TM Firesole 3wd (I played one for years & still pull it out from time to time) the orange head reminded me exactly of that club by the ball. The forgiveness of this head really surprised me because it was close to the regular Bio Cell with the toe forgiveness bias except shots face a stiffer penalty (especially low on the face). I used the same XS Red Tie 6QM shaft and this produced a piercing flight identical to my R11. If I had to guess I'd say the launch is within a degree. The carry distance on this didn't quite get to the 250, I'd say it landed around 245. Turf interaction with this club was excellent! If someone is a good ballstriker and they are looking for a club that would be great for hitting off the deck with a classic look, they should give these a try.

Any questions ask away

I tried to capture the sound of the Bio Cell 3/4 in this video. It's very "Titleist" but a little more explosive and higher pitched.
EDIT: I tried to embed the video but I have no skillzz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LxaoTjTys

Liking the review. What was the upcharge for the 7x3?

Liking the review. What was the upcharge for the 7x3?

Unfortunately the rep didn't have a price sheet there. He said I might like the no cost Diamana(sp) shaft option better but he didn't have on with him :(. He is a local rep and I am meeting up with him next weekend where they have a LM on site to get some spin numbers and distance numbers with the different combos

Army that was great! I love the crack of that thing lol great contact. I'm more curious now than ever.

These woods are Suweet with a capital 'S'.
Since buying them the Bio Cell 5/7 set to 20* has become my favorite club to hit and I'm relieved that I went with the Bio Cell over the Baffler. I wanted to go Baffler because I wanted all the launch I could get but I'm not having any issues getting the ball up in the air with the Bio.
I have only used the 3/4 wood a handful of times and I like what I see. I used it off the deck twice yesterday and despite not being able to get the ball up in the air without a tee the distance was nothing to be sneezed at for a low line-drive.

These woods are Suweet with a capital 'S'.
Since buying them the Bio Cell 5/7 set to 20* has become my favorite club to hit and I'm relieved that I went with the Bio Cell over the Baffler. I wanted to go Baffler because I wanted all the launch I could get but I'm not having any issues getting the ball up in the air with the Bio.
I have only used the 3/4 wood a handful of times and I like what I see. I used it off the deck twice yesterday and despite not being able to get the ball up in the air without a tee the distance was nothing to be sneezed at for a low line-drive.

Noice man! I hit the Bio driver at Pro Golf yesterday and couldn't seem to get a good launch out of it, but I've always been a big fan of Cobra's fairway and hybrid offerings, I can see these being beasts.

Back