Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody ever gamed one? Golfsmith got them marked down to 60 bucks

Subscribed... I noticed that too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have never rolled one, but for that price, it might be worth checking out.

A classic shape and plumbers neck style setup is a quite popular style of putter. I say, buy it and game it, and see how it does for you.

I wish you wouldn't have posted this! Now I have my eye on the Trinidad Tropical....

I'm almost positive that Benji (Dance_Business) games it. If I remember correctly he enjoys it. They have some really awesome finishes on those putters.

...and the wallet starts to creep open. Who posted this again?

Holy crap! I paid full price for mine!!!! I love it. My putting has improved so much since I started gaming it last year. Tropical finish is beautiful!

I've rolled a few from the company. The grooved face is supposed to aid roll. Not sure I can say I noticed a difference there myself, but that's the purpose. It's a quality putter and that's one hell of a price.

I currently game a 35" Aruba with the Phantom finish. I love mine; it's a quality flatstick that puts a great roll on the ball for me.

Probably worth a shot. I gamed a Rife 2 Bar for a while and it was great.

Probably worth a shot. I gamed a Rife 2 Bar for a while and it was great.

So did I Erky, and it was a great putter! #RockChalk :good:

Is Rife going out of business or something? All of their putters are heavily discounted on the Golfsmith website.

Is Rife going out of business or something? All of their putters are heavily discounted on the Golfsmith website.
Perhaps they have a new line coming out?

Is Rife going out of business or something?
Rife hasn't been a stand-alone company since 2011 when it was sold to Innovex. My Google-Fu tells me that Rife Guerin has started up a new company called
Guerin Design Putter Co.

I roll the Trinidad; very similar style, just center-shafted. I love it. Very good feel, puts a great roll on the ball. If not for a) wanting to get comfortable with Odyssey products, and b) having just bought a new putter, I'd be all about that price. You'd be hard-pressed to find a brand new, precision milled putter at a similar price.

Just picked up a tropical bimini from Golfsmith, for 60 bucks I couldn't walk away, even if I dont game it, it'll be a pretty one to putt around with

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just picked up a tropical bimini from Golfsmith, for 60 bucks I couldn't walk away, even if I dont game it, it'll be a pretty one to putt around with

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Guilty. Just submitted my order.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I am seriously thinking about nabbing one, myself.

Back