2014 Dubai Desert Classic Thread (Spoilers)

TW and Rors both in the fairway.

I'm happy to see two guys from Finland with T13 positions...

Mikko Ilonen lost to Sergio last week after 3 playoff holes, and we have big hopes for him to finish this week in the top 10 and continue his rise in the world ranking.

^^^^^ Mikko played great last week, more to come from him for sure.

^^^^^ Mikko played great last week, more to come from him for sure.

He has the potential. He sometimes struggles, but if he can keep up to his level, anything is possible.

There's a lot of talk about him here in Finland, that with a couple of wins he could make the Ryder Cup team...but that is a loooooong way.

^^^^ hope Mikko can keep it going.

Good first rounds by a few players, Rory looks solid, Tiger looks a bit off like last week in California. I love watching golf from warm places during our Winter even though I missed 4 hours sleep.

It's too early to say he's back but Rory is playing good golf again. He's so much fun to watch when he's on.

It's too early to say he's back but Rory is playing good golf again. He's so much fun to watch when he's on.

100% agree with that.

I sure hope that we will see Rory, Tiger & the Finns on Sunday in the last groups.

Rory had quite the round today.

Nice to see Rory put a solid round together. Let's hope he can do the same for multiple rounds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I like that they paired Rory and tiger together.

Amazing Tiger shot -4 after leaving his tee shots in such crappy places. See how tomorrow turns out, but quite obvious this course is fairly easy for them.

Amazing Tiger shot -4 after leaving his tee shots in such crappy places. See how tomorrow turns out, but quite obvious this course is fairly easy for them.

first hole drive in to waste bunker, then in to rough, from there knocks it tight and makes putt. Routine birdie for him I guess. Hard to imagine playing a par 5 that sloppy from the start and walking away with birdie, and yet didn't get 1 birdie on a 5 last week.

Tiger hit a fairway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiger first nine stats:

2 FIR, 6 GIR, 16 putts, +1 for the round

TW missed another fairway on 10

Rory looks to be swinging well and has his short game nice and sharp.

Brooks Koepka having a good round, 1 behind the leader after 14 holes.

Rory looks to be swinging well and has his short game nice and sharp.

He's only -3 so far today but on a day when low scores are few and far between it says a lot about his game. He's hitting so many good shots and you're right about his short game. I really hope this is him returning to form.

-4 now

Monty doesn't look like he has missed any meals lately, playing okay.

Nice shot Tiger.

He's only -3 so far today but on a day when low scores are few and far between it says a lot about his game. He's hitting so many good shots and you're right about his short game. I really hope this is him returning to form.
I was a huge critic of his return, I didn't think he would get it back. But I appear to have been wrong. I see no reason for him not to reclaim one of the top two spot in 2014.

He he has his swing in order as well as his personal life. I'm glad Rors is playing well.

Back