Is there a true world #1

I believe if you look at the body if work in 2013, only one person stands out as pretty clear #1

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Let's just look at the Tour Championship though. Best 30 guys from the PGA tour. WGC Cadillac, best 80 players from around the world.

But according to the world golf rankings and not everyone in the top 80 play in the tournament.

The tour championship has the 30 best golfers at that time. I would think playing against 29 other guys playing their best golf would be stronger than 79 other guys that may or may not be playing good golf.

But according to the world golf rankings and not everyone in the top 80 play in the tournament.

The tour championship has the 30 best golfers at that time. I would think playing against 29 other guys playing their best golf would be stronger than 79 other guys that may or may not be playing good golf.

The field is definitely more concentrated in the Tour Championship. But a bigger field means more challengers.

Fascinating how often this gets discussed. It's Tiger. Without question. Even if the rankings were tweaked, which they are fine now, it'd still be Tiger.

The field is definitely more concentrated in the Tour Championship. But a bigger field means more challengers.

While true, are all 80 going to be playing well enough to contend? At least in the Tour Championship you know every guy is playing well and can contend.

Well I am going to say Tiger to. Unless anyone else can come out and win 5 tournaments in a year than he is the man. Do I like him no, but hey if he is winning more than anyone else in the world I would lean towards him. Otherwise I would say Zack Johnson because he showed Tiger what was up.

While true, are all 80 going to be playing well enough to contend? At least in the Tour Championship you know every guy is playing well and can contend.

Do we though? Is think Bill Haas is the only one I can think of that come from nowhere. But how does two wins over concentrated fields surpass 5 wins against much deeper fields.

Humor me for a minute, who outside of tiger had a great year last year. Think of the entire year when they were on their game. Tiger was strong through the players with four wins. Henrik the last two months, duff daddy played strong ( just not throwing his name out), adam Scott played well for a month total. And I am talking wins, not each event. My point is that we have so many string golfers that any could have been considered the best in the world. I mean they were in beatable in those events.

I turned on Dubia no saw Rors playing well and thought he will be back to number one shortly. Then I say a few other guys that have shown brilliance. I guess I should have called the thread 'aren't there a lot of good players'. But I was amazed at the moment at how many stellar golfers we have on tour.

Stricker had a great year...

Humor me for a minute, who outside of tiger had a great year last year. Think of the entire year when they were on their game. Tiger was strong through the players with four wins. Henrik the last two months, duff daddy played strong ( just not throwing his name out), adam Scott played well for a month total. And I am talking wins, not each event. My point is that we have so many string golfers that any could have been considered the best in the world. I mean they were in beatable in those events.

I turned on Dubia no saw Rors playing well and thought he will be back to number one shortly. Then I say a few other guys that have shown brilliance. I guess I should have called the thread 'aren't there a lot of good players'. But I was amazed at the moment at how many stellar golfers we have on tour.

Yep and then you still have Phil, Jordan and Reed as young guys playing great. I actually love that there are so many good players personally I think it makes golf a lot more fun to watch. I mean heck look at Pat Perez in his last 5 to 6 events almost everyone has been a top 10.

Yep and then you still have Phil, Jordan and Reed as young guys playing great. I actually love that there are so many good players personally I think it makes golf a lot more fun to watch. I mean heck look at Pat Perez in his last 5 to 6 events almost everyone has been a top 10.
Zac, Sned, and much had strong stretches as well. Very deep PGA tour in 2014, deepest I have seen since the days of jack and ArnieArnie

Well besides Tiger I would defiantly say Henrik Stenson after winning the Deautshce Bank Championship and the Tour Championship by Coca-Cola.

Do we though? Is think Bill Haas is the only one I can think of that come from nowhere. But how does two wins over concentrated fields surpass 5 wins against much deeper fields.

That's true. Golf is a funny game and just because you were playing well all year doesn't necessarily mean you will be playing well at the end of the year. I guess my point is that just because there are more players doesn't mean it's a stronger field.

That's true. Golf is a funny game and just because you were playing well all year doesn't necessarily mean you will be playing well at the end of the year. I guess my point is that just because there are more players doesn't mean it's a stronger field.

I will agree with that

Didn't Mickelson win player of the year last year? Don't think I have seen his name anywhere.

But I digress. I strongly dislike Tiger. But to say he isn't the number 1 player in the world is impossible. The only problem is he used to be #1 by a HUGE margin, and now it's just by a big margin.

Didn't Mickelson win player of the year last year? Don't think I have seen his name anywhere.

But I digress. I strongly dislike Tiger. But to say he isn't the number 1 player in the world is impossible. The only problem is he used to be #1 by a HUGE margin, and now it's just by a big margin.

Nope. Eldrick won it

I guess it never crossed my mind that anyone other than Tiger is considered #1 in the world. The guy won 5 tournaments last year and 3 the year before that lol. Anyone else have a 26% win rate over the last 2 years on the PGA Tour?

Back