Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is different dude. I used to be that exact way, but now I just know that I overthink things sometimes and after getting hard data letting someone else guide the selections for me could be ideal.

There's no right or wrong here, Erik and I are just chatting about it in idea. Plus, our Tour Rep has seen us play a good bit haha

I am too, but I have an optiforce head that I need a shaft for and wanna try something new. I'm searching the bay for a shaft. I'd like to try a white tie (for the right price), kai'li or 'ilima. I don't really have anything specific in mind at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This intrigues me buddy... How's the ilima treating you now?

Both the ilima and Kai'li are higher spin and higher launch from my experience. Ilima being a bit more tip soft

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Really well. I think it would be great for a driver shaft.

I understand. And I didnt mean to interupt it just seemed like a great convo. Ive been taking our little exchanges on equipment seriously. So every bit of info I can get outta someone who knows more aboit equipment then I, I try to absorb.

Loooooooooved the Ilima when I was playing it in the XHP and AMP Cell this year.

I understand. And I didnt mean to interupt it just seemed like a great convo. Ive been taking our little exchanges on equipment seriously. So every bit of info I can get outta someone who knows more aboit equipment then I, I try to absorb.

Dude, its not interruption at all! Don't EVER feel that way, its the bliss of THP now, its an open exchange of thoughts, ideas, and feelings with and for anyone!

You didn't interupt at all. Not many people get the chance to revamp there entire bag and have almost endless options doing so. It can be daunting and we are more than willing to help. Fire away with any questions or thoughts you may have. It will help us all learn.

Loooooooooved the Ilima when I was playing it in the XHP and AMP Cell this year.

I've got an optiforce head that needs a shaft, been pondering all day! Kusala white is awesome and I'm looking to try something a little different for fun. I have an 'ilima in my 3w and really like it.

Everyone is different dude. I used to be that exact way, but now I just know that I overthink things sometimes and after getting hard data letting someone else guide the selections for me could be ideal.

There's no right or wrong here, Erik and I are just chatting about it in idea. Plus, our Tour Rep has seen us play a good bit haha

You can't just go off of numbers though, and you know that.couple

FWIW, I had to rely on the tour rep at times in past MCs. Most of the time it went well, but it also didn't go well on a couple of choices. Part of that came from not being able to get fitting numbers and trying to get on if one shaft would play similar to another.

You can't just go off of numbers though, and you know that.couple

FWIW, I had to rely on the tour rep at times in past MCs. Most of the time it went well, but it also didn't go well on a couple of choices. Part of that came from not being able to get fitting numbers and trying to get on if one shaft would play similar to another.

I disagree, if I give the numbers and have a tour rep that knows my swing (which I do), then yes I can and frankly likely will.

I guess with never even coming close to options like these it is over whelming. Jman has been preaching about this less stressful club selection. I am a fan. Every time I believe I have a valid point he counters with one that has more logic than mine. Lol. So with this I agree it would make life so much easier to say you know more than me about all this equipment .. you pick. Just the fear of the known gets in the way.

I really like this conversation between you guys James.

I would love to see what you had waiting for you on Staff Sponsor Day if you let your tour rep choose for you.

Edit.. uknown

I guess with never even coming close to options like these it is over whelming. Jman has been preaching about this less stressful club selection. I am a fan. Every time I believe I have a valid point he counters with one that has more logic than mine. Lol. So with this I agree it would make life so much easier to say you know more than me about all this equipment .. you pick. Just the fear of the known gets in the way.

Dude, I was (and at times still am) the king of over-complicating equipment. The bliss of getting to do what I do though has been having my eyes opened time and again to the preconceptions I had but by trying the equipment and also being truly educated by those IN the industry designing all of this shiny awesomeness. We're all different and there is no one way to do things, but it sure is fun to be able to come here and ponder about it with everyone and see the different takes, ya know?

I'm a firm believer that the way we learn is to ask and discuss. You don't have to agree with others, but you can still learn from them.

I really like this conversation between you guys James.

I would love to see what you had waiting for you on Staff Sponsor Day if you let your tour rep choose for you.

The more and more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Also one less thing for me to focus on.

The more and more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Also one less thing for me to focus on.

Me too. I can focus on getting my game in shape and play what I play when I get there.

With all of this what kind of numbers are thinking of submitting? What numbers will be needed for a tour rep to be able to at least recommend a good fitnin equipment

I think so too dude... It could be awesome to get a single shaft that works through your driver and woods, maybe in different weights.

I think so too dude... It could be awesome to get a single shaft that works through your driver and woods, maybe in different weights.

I'm officially on the hunt for one! To the bay!

With all of this what kind of numbers are thinking of submitting? What numbers will be needed for a tour rep to be able to at least recommend a good fitnin equipment

The more the better. Launch, spin, distance (with multiple clubs if possible), ball speed, and swing speed to name a few.

So basically a complete fitting sheet printed and ready. Gotcha.

So basically a complete fitting sheet printed and ready. Gotcha.

The more info you can provide , they better the Tour Rep can help you out. Make sure the numbers are averages and not your best shots. Garbage in, garbage out.

Me too. I can focus on getting my game in shape and play what I play when I get there.

But wouldn't you still focus on your game since you won't get your stuff until that Friday, no matter what you pick?

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything... but I'm in the camp of wanting to make decisions by myself in the end. I would take the advice of the Tour Rep, fitters, etc, but would make the final choices myself. What happens if your rep makes the choice, and then you don't like a particular club? I'd prefer to be upset with myself instead of upset at someone else, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back