Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Irons Preview

Topline wise they're legit spot on with the ACP's, pretty cool to see in person.

And another reason I'm likely to go regular hahaha

At address, the + looks thinner. But they are about the same. The top line of the ACP is more square and gives the appearance that it's thicker. It's really deceiving.

I can't say that I agree with you on the shaft flex part. I just got done hitting the Apex irons with different shafts and flexes and I got drastically different results for each. My launch angles stayed the same, but the club head speed, ball speed, peak height, deviation, carry, roll out and back spin were much different. Even the ability to control the flight were different. If I'm understanding the idea that shaft flex is over thought, then it would suffice to say that in your opinion an R flex and an X flex would play the same for a person? Or, that a KBS Tour stiff would play the same as a PXi 6.0? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

At address, the + looks thinner, but they are about the same. The top line of the ACP is more square and gives the appearance that it's thicker. It's really deceiving.

People overthink flex, YES you can be fit to x, s, whatever to give you the best numbers (and people SHOULD get fit) but most in a blind test will only notice some feel differences and see a flight increase and spin increase between them all. People way smarter than I in the industry say it best in that the body can acclimate and also that the SWING causes major misses, not a weak or strong shaft, they may ass or take some spin and launch, but they don't cause a slice or a hook, that is all swing. Like I said, people in the industry WAY smarter than I, so I tend to believe them.

People overthink flex, YES you can be fit to x, s, whatever to give you the best numbers (and people SHOULD get fit) but most in a blind test will only notice some feel differences and see a flight increase and spin increase between them all. People way smarter than I in the industry say it best in that the body can acclimate and also that the SWING causes major misses, not a weak or strong shaft, they may ass or take some spin and launch, but they don't cause a slice or a hook, that is all swing. Like I said, people in the industry WAY smarter than I, so I tend to believe them.

Ok. I get your point now. 100% agree

Here you go my friend

Cell + on left
031.jpg

Cell + on Right
035.jpg

Cell + on Left
032.jpg

Cell + on Right
046.jpg

047.jpg

Cell + on right
049.jpg

Cell + on right
045.jpg

043.jpg

041.jpg

I love the profile of these, thanks for the pics. What was your overall impression of these? are they really as attractive as they look in person?

I love the profile of these, thanks for the pics. What was your overall impression of these? are they really as attractive as they look in person?

I know this one is directed at me Marc but the PGA show was the first time I got the +'s in hand and they really really really do look nice. The finish combo and all of the little things in the design just pop, mix that in with the true players profile at address and they did these right. The Bio Cells on the back look much better as well IMO.

I got to see the ladies bio cell irons today and they looked amazing!!

I got to see the ladies bio cell irons today and they looked amazing!!

They look pretty dang awesome for sure Jenn, you could do some damage with these. Plus, the combo sets come with legit Bio Cell hybo's, how awesome is that?

Paging Dean. Get it done. :alien:

They look pretty dang awesome for sure Jenn, you could do some damage with these. Plus, the combo sets come with legit Bio Cell hybo's, how awesome is that?

Paging Dean. Get it done. :alien:

No new clubs for me until I finish nursing school.

No new clubs for me until I finish nursing school.

Ah, this is why you're the brains of the outfit up there. Clearly.

Ah, this is why you're the brains of the outfit up there. Clearly.

I can look and admire but I have my priorities for the next two years.

Shocked to see in the comparison pics above how the + compares to the other irons shown. I also like the two tone scheme they have in it.

Shocked to see in the comparison pics above how the + compares to the other irons shown. I also like the two tone scheme they have in it.

Yup totally agree, the color tones look great as well.

And I truly mean it when I say that I admire the heck out of that Jenn, I really and truly do.

I know, right? Not what many expected, I tried to to say that after being educated on them in Cali, but SEEING is believing as we all know.

Thats awesome Jenn, good luck. Now I have to check out the ladies clubs lol.

I finally got to hit the Bio Cell plus irons today (well 6iron). Man does Cobra have a winner here! I hit a ACP along side this one to get some comparisons. The Plus launches a bit higher than the ACP but not by much. The ball seemed to "hang" in the air a touch longer as well but I would say carry distance was not more than 5yds longer than the ACP on center hits. The forgiveness of the plus is better than the ACP. The ACP is noticeably softer than the plus but I expected that since one is forged and the other isn't. The plus has an explosive feeling face on center hits that feels close to my old set of TM Burner 2.0s I had back in the day. Off cent hits don't feel to bad until you get to the extreme or catch it real thin. surprisingly to me even on the one thin shot I hit the ball still got in the sir nicely and lost between 10-12yds, which I dont think is to bad at all. The shaft in the one I hit was a S300 but I am not sure if that's the stock offering or not. All and all a great offering that does a nice job a filling the AMP Forged roll of bridging the gap between the regular Bio Cell and ACPs.

I finally got to hit the Bio Cell plus irons today (well 6iron). Man does Cobra have a winner here! I hit a ACP along side this one to get some comparisons. The Plus launches a bit higher than the ACP but not by much. The ball seemed to "hang" in the air a touch longer as well but I would say carry distance was not more than 5yds longer than the ACP on center hits. The forgiveness of the plus is better than the ACP. The ACP is noticeably softer than the plus but I expected that since one is forged and the other isn't. The plus has an explosive feeling face on center hits that feels close to my old set of TM Burner 2.0s I had back in the day. Off cent hits don't feel to bad until you get to the extreme or catch it real thin. surprisingly to me even on the one thin shot I hit the ball still got in the sir nicely and lost between 10-12yds, which I dont think is to bad at all. The shaft in the one I hit was a S300 but I am not sure if that's the stock offering or not. All and all a great offering that does a nice job a filling the AMP Forged roll of bridging the gap between the regular Bio Cell and ACPs.

Thanks for posting that info, I'm getting freaking impatient lol, I want to see and hit these now!

These look really good in person. I was stunned when I compared them to the AP2. Wasn't expecting that. They look great at address and like I've said before, you forget about the busy cavity once you set it down. It's not the sexiest girl at the dance, but she's definitely a head turner. I'm going to try to get over there this week again and hit a bunch of irons I've played in te past year against the BCP and BC. I'll be interested to see how the numbers look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to Myrtle Wednesday so I'll finally be able to see and swing these babies in person, my son went and checked them out for me and he said they set up really nice. Thanks for the feedback guys, I love the fact that we have eyes in places where people can't be all the time.

I'm going to Myrtle Wednesday so I'll finally be able to see and swing these babies in person, my son went and checked them out for me and he said they set up really nice. Thanks for the feedback guys, I love the fact that we have eyes in places where people can't be all the time.

I am heading to MB now and will have about 2 hours to spend in the PGA SS prior to having to be at my dinner meeting. The Bio Cell + are on my must try list. Will be interested to compare this again the regular Bio Cell I tested for the past month.

I am heading to MB now and will have about 2 hours to spend in the PGA SS prior to having to be at my dinner meeting. The Bio Cell + are on my must try list. Will be interested to compare this again the regular Bio Cell I tested for the past month.

Have popcorn will wait :). Seriously its great that you will have a solid base to go off of. Alot of us are waiting to get as much comparison info as we can.

That's awesome, I'm soaking up as much info as I can about these and all you guys posting your thoughts and feedback helps a ton.

Just spent a solid hour with my new best friend.....the Bio Cell + . I could honestly game this iron right now with not one single worry. The feel all the way across the face is absolutely perfect. You can feel the harshest of misses (low extreme toe and heel shots), but the misses low on the face aren't felt as much. These things have such a hot face. Easily 1 club longer than any other set in this class. There were a couple that even got out to 195....with a 7i. Spin numbers were what I expected with the S300, around 6000 to 3500 depending on the shot type and if I missed it. Ball flight was boring.

I was just talking with Golferbest and I think my decision is made up regarding which set I'm going with. Going to need a different shaft, but these things are absolutely MONEY! So much GI in a small package I can't believe it. Truly amazing how forgiving these are considering the topline and that these are a "players" iron.

Here's my face tape from the session:
IMG_1080.jpg

That's great to hear, I'm sold on these.

good stuff Adam. Question for you, how did the ball react and what kind of losses were you seeing on some the shots that were out on the toe end of the club?

good stuff Adam. Question for you, how did the ball react and what kind of losses were you seeing on some the shots that were out on the toe end of the club?

Distance losses were about 10-15 yards. I was getting 2 types of misses. One where I was releasing early which resulted in a toe hook that had a lot of roll out. The other was me coming too far inside and trying to save it. These were pushes that landed about 15 yards right of the target. They landed soft too, so there wasn't a whole lot of roll out. Dispersion was pretty tight even with the misses as well.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Back