Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldn't you still focus on your game since you won't get your stuff until that Friday, no matter what you pick?

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything... but I'm in the camp of wanting to make decisions by myself in the end. I would take the advice of the Tour Rep, fitters, etc, but would make the final choices myself. What happens if your rep makes the choice, and then you don't like a particular club? I'd prefer to be upset with myself instead of upset at someone else, if that makes sense.

Amateur golfers as a whole when it comes to equipment tend to suffer form paralysis by over-analysis. Even by making choices late the process is in your head and you will over-analyze every single little thing, its what amateurs do. Loft? Overthought. Flex? Overthought. Players vs GI vs SGI? Overthought. Made-for/stock shafts? Overthought. By taking that out of my hands I just play and because of supplying information and numbers I know that my rep in coordination with my sponsor are going to go with what they believe will provide the best setup for my given needs. Reviewing gear has been the best thing ever for me, I've realized that I can in fact play any club from players to GI and it isn't that big of a deal to bounce between them either, so I don't worry about that aspect. I'm getting closer and closer to defeating the ego monster day by day and I know that if I were fit to something and it didn't go well then its on me and my swing, not the club.

No arguing here Amol, we're just sharing takes on it all, I've become really comfortable and firm in mine.

I think so too dude... It could be awesome to get a single shaft that works through your driver and woods, maybe in different weights.

Agreed and what I've done and I really like it. Whiteboard, ahina, whiteboard in driver through hybo, since putting the whiteboard in the hybo I'm hitting it farther and more accurate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was in a local store this afternoon and had a good look at the new XHot2 4 Fairway wood & 3 Hybrid. I was pondering recently in replacing my 3 wood and 3 hybrid and it was the first time I got my hands on the new XHot2 clubs. Unfortunately, the store did not have a simulator. So I am going to call into another one of the chain’s store (close to work) later in the week and hit a few balls will both clubs and compare them with my own.

Pondering hybrids.

Love my Mashie+ 3H, now thinking of changing the bag setup and removing the 4i (that I mainly nit off the tee), and replacing it with a 4H.

Bag currently is 910D2 with the loft cranked up, 17* 4W, 3h, 4i......

Do I scour Ebay for used to match the Mashie+, or look new for both the 3h and 4h.... decisions decisions.

I think so too dude... It could be awesome to get a single shaft that works through your driver and woods, maybe in different weights.

Thats how i'm set up. Radix 6 in my driver, Radix 7 in my 3-wood. I think that its a great idea to go that route and step up in a 10-12 gram difference. If I gamed a 5-wood I would probably have a Radix 7 in that.

Thats how i'm set up. Radix 6 in my driver, Radix 7 in my 3-wood. I think that its a great idea to go that route and step up in a 10-12 gram difference. If I gamed a 5-wood I would probably have a Radix 7 in that.

I agree with you and Dan. I usually find one or two shafts I really like and stick with them. Like this year I will be playing a Fubuki in my driver and 3Deep and then the AD-Di series in my 5Deep and hybrid. They all have a pretty similar profile so it should be a pretty smooth transition through the bag.

Interesting thoughts on shaft set ups. I really haven't experimented with a lot of different shafts. I'm really interested to try the same shaft in my driver and 3w.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Currently red tie in driver and 3w. Would love to keep it the same, even put it in my hybrid but not sure if thats a possibility. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Currently red tie in driver and 3w. Would love to keep it the same, even put it in my hybrid but not sure if thats a possibility. ..

Your in luck. There is hq3 red tie hybrid shaft. I beleive it came out in the second half of 2013. And there should be a review thread on it and the hm3 and hx3 which are the hybrid versions of the black and white ties.

Your in luck. There is hq3 red tie hybrid shaft. I beleive it came out in the second half of 2013. And there should be a review thread on it and the hm3 and hx3 which are the hybrid versions of the black and white ties.

Yeah I know the shaft is available... was talking about availability with j40...

There is a frontpage review on all three, hq3, hm3, and hx3.

Diamana D+. Has me intrigued.

X2Hot irons combo....wow!

This is so etching new for me, and I will say I'm totally excited to have the situation in my bag this year. Driver and Fairway woods all have Fubuki Alpha in two different weights. However the fairway woods are tipped a bit to get the same feel throughout. Thanks to a quality fitting experience. Time will tell how it plays out.

Weird. Mashie+ Offerings in a 4hybrid with stiff shaft are few and far between... and what is out there is quite spensy.

I didn't want to play with equipment for awhile but the X2Hot Pro hybrid is dangerously awesome. Demo day outside next weekend. Uh oh.

I didn't want to play with equipment for awhile but the X2Hot Pro hybrid is dangerously awesome. Demo day outside next weekend. Uh oh.

It is a sweet club isn't it? What shaft did you hit in it?

ATX Green. I think I found my shaft for 2014.

Fantastic shaft, I think a few #DreamTeamers will be gaming that, myself included.

Fantastic shaft, I think a few #DreamTeamers will be gaming that, myself included.

LOW spin!

Weird. Mashie+ Offerings in a 4hybrid with stiff shaft are few and far between... and what is out there is quite spensy.
I just got one off of Amazon last week for $50, new.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I need more Odyssey putter in my life. Going to extend the MX 6 CS I think, I'm one who still ADORES that insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back