USA Men's Soccer National Team

While I don't disagree with most of your premise, the pot with the US (13th FIFA Rankings, yeah, yeah, I know they are meaningless) will also probably have Mexico (24th), Costa Rica (31st), Honduras (34th), Japan (44th), Iran (49th), South Korea (56th), Australia (57th). Of those eight teams, which do you think most of the seeded teams, not to mention England, would prefer not to draw into their group? I would dare say US would be the one.

If that's how one of the pots end up, then yeah, I'd probably go along with the US, and despite their qualifying performance, Mexico as the 2 teams I'd rather not draw. But again, there isn't a team listed there that England shouldn't feel reasonably confident of beating. That's not to say I'd go into the match assured of victory, but they are teams we should be beating at a World Cup.

Honestly as much as it would pain me but the USA team going into this group of death would improve this team for the long run. I believe in the power of positive thinking and in this case anything can happen so much more time to debate. All I know is that THIS USMNT did a great job qualifying they deserve praise now on to Brazil!

So here you go - Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Mexico. Group of death. (That's if Portugal win their playoff of course)
Switzerland, Bosnia, USA and Australia. Definately not a group of death and I'd stick 10 bucks on the US going through.

LOL, no it won't! Whereas the US are definately an improving team, they are still a team that certainly most of the European teams would expect to beat on the day. I'd certainly love to be drawn against the US, especially if we end up in a group with Germany, Brazil or Argentina. There are some relatively weak seeds as well, in the likes of Switzerland, Columbia and Uruguay if they qualify, with the likes of England, Portugal (if they qualify), Italy and probably the Netherlands going in unseeded, the US are gonna need a very kind draw IMO to get into the knockout stages.

And part of that preparation is playing us :D. England are setting up training camp in Miami before heading out to Brazil. I shall look forward to that game.

Love the bravado of the English fans, getting set up for disappointment again in 2014. Playing the USA worked out so well for your country in 2010, didn't it?

Also, that England-USA friendly will likely be in DC, not Miami in May of 2014.

Love the bravado of the English fans, getting set up for disappointment again in 2014. Playing the USA worked out so well for your country in 2010, didn't it?

Also, that England-USA friendly will likely be in DC, not Miami in May of 2014.

I didn't say the match would be in Miami! As for bravado, there's no bravado here, if we get to the quarters, I'll consider that a result.

Tough draw for the #USMNT but it is time for pay back for Ghana. I really think that the US can get out of this group, it isn't going to be easy but they are ready for this. Can't wait for Brazil! USA!!

Any one ever hear of the American Outlaws? I found out about them on Twitter and thinking about joining up just wanted to see if anyone here has heard of them.

http://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/

Any one ever hear of the American Outlaws? I found out about them on Twitter and thinking about joining up just wanted to see if anyone here has heard of them.

http://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/

Yeah, they have a vocal support section at almost every USMNT game. Kind of the unofficial fan club.

Yeah, they have a vocal support section at almost every USMNT game. Kind of the unofficial fan club.

Nice, I remember seeing them at the games. Gonna join up soon and you get a t-shirt, all for that hahaha

Yep, I've heard of em and I'm not even American LOL. Equivalent of our barmy army that follow the England cricket team around.

USA vs. Korea tonight at 5 on ESPN 2. Should really just be a little test for the depth of the team heading into June. Those guys who are on the fence need to show something to be considered. Just nice to watch the team again after it feels like months since they last played.

USA vs. Korea tonight at 5 on ESPN 2. Should really just be a little test for the depth of the team heading into June. Those guys who are on the fence need to show something to be considered. Just nice to watch the team again after it feels like months since they last played.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching this one.

So take away the early fast start the US Team really didnt look that great. Lets hope they get it together for the second half.

2 to Nil win tonight for USA. Wasn't the best effort all around but for a B squad they played hard and got the win.

I thought they did the best they could considering the squad. A lot left out there, but a good showing IMO

I'm falling down on my job as a fan...didn't even know they were playing until it hit my Twitter feed today.

I'm falling down on my job as a fan...didn't even know they were playing until it hit my Twitter feed today.

It happens dude. Nothing real ground breaking tonight

MLS squad from the sound of it...I had already watched Newcastle/Sunderland and Tottenham/Hull this morning, so definitely didn't need a soccer fix, but I'd have watched it anyway.

MLS squad from the sound of it...I had already watched Newcastle/Sunderland and Tottenham/Hull this morning, so definitely didn't need a soccer fix, but I'd have watched it anyway.

Yeah pretty much Wondo played well and got lucky with both of the goals he had. Pretty much punched his ticket to Brazil for June. I am happy about that though

I like those, definitely better than the USA hockey jerseys.

That's not a "design". That's a white shirt. I hope they keep a red second shirt. I like the red.

I like those, definitely better than the USA hockey jerseys.

Haha absolutely, so much better than the hockey jerseys.

That's not a "design". That's a white shirt. I hope they keep a red second shirt. I like the red.

Yeah I would say it has a design it is called pretty simple and bland. I was wondering about a colored jersey as well but haven't heard anything yet.

Back