Callaway X2 Hot & X2 Hot Pro Irons Preview

Callaway X2 Hot & X2 Hot Pro Irons Preview

looking good Paul! I know you probably touched on it in the Granddaddy thread, but can you talk a little bit about how you ended up with this combo?

Yep! It came down to these vs Apex Pro. During my fitting, the fitter and I talked about my miss, the hook, which he was witnessing. We talked about why it was happening, how to fix it, and how to lessen its chances for happening. He said even though he would recommend me getting the Apex Pro, if I liked the X2 Hot Pros, they would help me decrease the chance for the hook because of the longer club head being more resistant to twisting. And, actually, I LOVED the feel of these! Distance was awesome and I was straighter than I am with my i20s.

Got to hit these today... Fell in love all over again!!!! I was hitting my PW right around 132-135! That's a club longer than my i20s! I'm getting them on the course tomorrow for their first round. I can't wait!!! Such a great feeling iron! I hit about a dozen with my 6 iron today JUST because of the feel and sound! So awesome! Just great irons!

Got to hit these today... Fell in love all over again!!!! I was hitting my PW right around 132-135! That's a club longer than my i20s! I'm getting them on the course tomorrow for their first round. I can't wait!!! Such a great feeling iron! I hit about a dozen with my 6 iron today JUST because of the feel and sound! So awesome! Just great irons!

They are beauties Paul...hope they treat you well tomorrow and going forward.

I finally got a chance to these things out last night at the local sporting goods store, holy cow these things are long. I can't wait to try them out during an outdoor demo day, I think Callaway has a huge winner on their hands!

I finally got a chance to these things out last night at the local sporting goods store, holy cow these things are long. I can't wait to try them out during an outdoor demo day, I think Callaway has a huge winner on their hands!

Which ones did you hit Nicey??

Which ones did you hit Nicey??

Pros. Stock stiff. They look amazing at address. And the ball just seemed to fly. Small net. Basic monitor. Don't remember exact stats.

Pros. Stock stiff. They look amazing at address. And the ball just seemed to fly. Small net. Basic monitor. Don't remember exact stats.

Dude they are awesome. Look even better than the Xhot pros I currently game. It is tough deciding between their various lines this year.

I just spent 30 mins hitting the standard and pro 7i. I'm in shock right now. Standard avg carry was 182yds and pro was 179yds.

I usually avg 165yds with my burner 2.0s. So stunned and confused right now lol.

I just spent 30 mins hitting the standard and pro 7i. I'm in shock right now. Standard avg carry was 182yds and pro was 179yds.

I usually avg 165yds with my burner 2.0s. So stunned and confused right now lol.

Sounds like you just found a new set of irons! They really are great clubs and are just so easy to hit.

Sounds like you just found a new set of irons! They really are great clubs and are just so easy to hit.

You bet. I just texted the Callaway rep at my driving range for a fitting.

Now my concern is the 5i may overlap my xhot 4h and maybe even the 3H? May need to go upgrade hybrids to X2hots. King of distance for real man.

You bet. I just texted the Callaway rep at my driving range for a fitting.

Now my concern is the 5i may overlap my xhot 4h and maybe even the 3H? May need to go upgrade hybrids to X2hots. King of distance for real man.

If you think the irons are better wait until you hit the hybrids! Those things are money. But I think with a little testing you can figure out your gaps.

The X2Hot are bombers.

I hit a 6i in the PGA SS LM sim today. 202 carry -- carry. That's a poke for me.

The eh ball flight was a high tight draw. And the club felt really nice. At impact. You could feel the ball flying off the face.

I am really curious on the X2Hot Pros. I loved the Xhot pros, so very curious how the new ones are. Like what I'm hearing so far. Gotta pin down an upgrade from my burner 2's here soon.

I got 27 holes in today for my first time out with my X2 Hot Pros with the PXi 6.5. One word: WOW! These clubs are AWESOME!!!! I'm a full club, to club-and-a-half longer with these than my Ping i20s!!! Unreal! Here are a few examples of the length I was seeing: 198 with the 6 iron! 187 with the 7! 170 with the 8! 155 with the 9!!! I even hit the PW 147 out of the rough today (ALL yardages were tracked via my GolfLogix app- no scorecard subtraction, cheating)!!!

They are VERY forgiving and just felt absolutely awesome! I was hitting a much more penetrating ball than I do with my Pings. Goodness gracious! I am so stoked about how great these were today! Just fantastic!

I got 27 holes in today for my first time out with my X2 Hot Pros with the PXi 6.5. One word: WOW! These clubs are AWESOME!!!! I'm a full club, to club-and-a-half longer with these than my Ping i20s!!! Unreal! Here are a few examples of the length I was seeing: 198 with the 6 iron! 187 with the 7! 170 with the 8! 155 with the 9!!! I even hit the PW 147 out of the rough today (ALL yardages were tracked via my GolfLogix app- no scorecard subtraction, cheating)!!!

They are VERY forgiving and just felt absolutely awesome! I was hitting a much more penetrating ball than I do with my Pings. Goodness gracious! I am so stoked about how great these were today! Just fantastic!

I'm a believer in these distances after hitting the 7i on the sim today. I can't see your sig on Tapatalk but are you adding the AW to fill the gap?

Nice Paul. Nice to see the choice panning out as hoped.

I'm a believer in these distances after hitting the 7i on the sim today. I can't see your sig on Tapatalk but are you adding the AW to fill the gap?

No. Went with the MD2 50*. It was longer than my Ping 50* too!

Interesting bit of testing with these yesterday.

I think I mentioned pretty clearly last time that these had good forgiveness and distance in a sleek profile. I'll stand by that statement, especially after seeing the side-by-side results vs the 588 CB's.

Moving on and testing versus a true game improvement iron did show some differences though, and the X2 Hot Pros proved to lack the same level of forgiveness for my miss. I think that's to be expected, as they are more of a 'players' profile (and a pretty forgiving one at that), but it does make me think about what's best for my game long term. I'm not going to make the choice purely based on LM feedback, so a couple rounds once this stupid snow melts with each will end up settling the debate.

Will reiterate that I love the look and feel, and if you're looking for a skinny topline/sole with decent forgiveness and good distance they are certainly worth looking at.

Just impulsed bought the X2 hots 4-pw,gw,sw with the reg. flex graphite shafts. Very excited to get these out on the course, unfortunately due to work and family obligations, it could be a while before that happens. In the last couple of months I have gone thru G25's, Speedblades, 588 Altitudes, and a plethura of older Cally models. There is just something I really like about the look, feel, and performance of the Callaway irons. Anyways, very stoked to own these irons. Thanks for all the reviews. I will be posting my thoughts as well as soon as I get to hit them.

Well had an opportunity to hit these today. Walked out the back door to 40 degree temps with gusts in the 15 to 20 mph range. Weird for SA. The feel of these irons in these conditions would have to be an arthritic's dream come true. So smooth, more of a thump sound at impact compared to the crack of a speed blade. Feel is sublime, or maybe it was just very cold, either way the irons have that soundless impact of perfection that I seek from irons. You hear the impact and feel it in your hand yet you don't feel anything but power and a thump from contact. So smooth, aesthetics are off the chart as well for me, look very thin for a game improvement club. Again, this is the maiden voyage, and I get very excited about new irons, just see my post about Altitudes, Speedblades, and g25's, but I think these might just be the irons for me. We will see!

Thanks for the feedback twoods. Agree that they feel surprisingly good.

5-PW standard x2 hot ordered with PX 95 6.0 upgrade. I almost went pro 8-pw but the swing is just too inconsistent right now. Look forward to giving my feedback soon!

I upgraded last season from my Burners 2.0 and i my distances went up by 10 yards.

I upgraded last season from my Burners 2.0 and i my distances went up by 10 yards.

I'm doing the same and I averaged 17 more yards with the 7 iron. I know its a sim but the increase even if its really 10-12 yds is awesome.

5-PW standard x2 hot ordered with PX 95 6.0 upgrade. I almost went pro 8-pw but the swing is just too inconsistent right now. Look forward to giving my feedback soon!
Nice purchase, I can't wait to hear how they perform for ya, I've thought about that style of combo set as well, maybe even only in the 9 and PW!

Back