#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

So cool to see you guys picking your drivers out and getting all ready for this. This will be here before you know it. I know you all are going to represent well, but I have faith team Chad is going to pull off the win!

So cool to see you guys picking your drivers out and getting all ready for this. This will be here before you know it. I know you all are going to represent well, but I have faith team Chad is going to pull off the win!

Your momma didn't raise no fool :D

Well, I was in golfsmith today practicing 6 irons, and checked in the golfsmith guys and no, they don't have the Bertha demos in yet. BUT when I was about to leave, I saw one of the guys in the hitting bay fiddling with a driver. I stopped to ask him when he thought they would get the BB and Alpha in. He shows me the club in his hand.... Big Bertha!!! The Callaway rep had given it to him while he waits on his order to arrive.

I have to get on a work call in a minute, but I'll fill you in on the rest later. To summarize, he let me take about 10 swings. The sound is AWESOME. The distance is EXCELLENT. More to come later.

I'm heading to golfsmith after work to pick up my irons from re-shafting and hope they have one handy... fingers crossed!

Does anybody know if they have the Big Bertha driver in the PGA super stores yet?

Does anybody know if they have the Big Bertha driver in the PGA super stores yet?

The two I called in the Chicagoland area did not.

I had some luck at Golf Galaxy though.

The two I called in the Chicagoland area did not.

I had some luck at Golf Galaxy though.

I just thought some one here might know. I will give the Atlanta stores a call but that place has to thaw out before I take my arse up that way :bulgy-eyes:

I have a feeling that the Fubuki Z will play somewhat similar to a Blueboard, S+, or Kusala Blue, maybe even an RIP Phenom. I am purely speculating when I say this but I am going to draw upon my experience with those to help make this decision.

I missed this before somehow. If this is the case, then this shaft will be money for me. I currently play RIP Phenom, and I've liked the feel of the Kusala Blue the couple times I've hit it. I anticipate it will have similarities to the Red Tie as well, which I've also really liked when I've hit it.

Just leaving Golfsmith, they were supposed to have their BB demo on the FedEx truck today but it didn't show. I was able to try the X2Hot in 13.5 with a stiff shaft and feel I made the correct decision in going with the BB. I was seeing launch angles in the 8-12 range and spin was 3300-3800. I was hitting it down the middle though with a baby draw. I think with the lower spinning head I could be dangerous. ..

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

OK, so to continue the story, my man John in Golfsmith had the Big Bertha in a 10.5 head with the stock shaft in regular flex. That was a bit of a bummer. If I had more time, I might have hunted around for a demo Optiforce driver to swap shafts. Maybe next time.

Well, left it in all the neutral positions and took a swing. What a sound!! Solid, but not ear piercing. Not muted, but not tinny sounding. Pretty much perfect. Probably the best sounding driver I've ever hit. Sooooo good.

Through the course of the 10 swings I had some trouble squaring it up with this shaft. Definitely a little whippy for me in regular. But saw some really good ball speeds and distance. My first 2 drives were pretty massive pull-hooks. John grabbed the wrench and moved the weight all the way over to the fade position. Took another swing, low and behold, the ball straightened out into just a slight pull. Oh and total distance on the monitor was 309 yards too, ball speed over 160. Wow. Hit another few, distance continued to be solid, and dispersion continued to be a bit of a problem. He then lowered the launch and my launch correspondingly dropped about a degree to match. Yup, the loft adjustments hold true too.

I was seeing spin in the high 2000's on good swings, probably averaged about 2800. On a couple where I didn't quite get the face square, I hit some high pushes that spun about 3900. As much a swing fault as the club though in those cases.

I hit one higher on the face and distance drop off was fairly noticeable but playable. If I'm remembering correctly, spin jumped up a lot on my high on the face miss. That's not the best for my swing. If I missed any laterally, I literally could not tell by ball speed drop off or distance loss. Either I caught them all center horizontally or the forgiveness is THAT good on lateral misses. My guess is with the forgiveness.

For all of you guys who are going with this stick, what an awesome driver it is. The sliding weight is the real deal, and the sound and forgiveness laterally is as good as I've ever experienced (albeit a small sample size).

High on the face miss for me was probably the worst result, which affirms for me that the Alpha may be the better match. But I could absolutely game this driver, and truth be told, I may be tempted to buy one to go along with the Alpha if I can somehow pull that off and stay married.

Oh, after the 10 swings with the Bertha, I found an X2 Hot Pro in the rack with the Aldila Stiff shaft. I swung that about 10 times but could not match the ball speed or distance I was seeing in the Bertha. Ball speeds were about 4 mph slower even though the dispersion was tighter due to the shaft. I definitely think the Bertha is a hotter face, and I suspect lighter too making it easier to generate club head speed. Spin with the X2 Hot was even a little higher than I saw with the Bertha. This surprised me with the shaft differences in each.

OK, so to continue the story, my man John in Golfsmith had the Big Bertha in a 10.5 head with the stock shaft in regular flex. That was a bit of a bummer. If I had more time, I might have hunted around for a demo Optiforce driver to swap shafts. Maybe next time.

Well, left it in all the neutral positions and took a swing. What a sound!! Solid, but not ear piercing. Not muted, but not tinny sounding. Pretty much perfect. Probably the best sounding driver I've ever hit. Sooooo good.

Through the course of the 10 swings I had some trouble squaring it up with this shaft. Definitely a little whippy for me in regular. But saw some really good ball speeds and distance. My first 2 drives were pretty massive pull-hooks. John grabbed the wrench and moved the weight all the way over to the fade position. Took another swing, low and behold, the ball straightened out into just a slight pull. Oh and total distance on the monitor was 309 yards too, ball speed over 160. Wow. Hit another few, distance continued to be solid, and dispersion continued to be a bit of a problem. He then lowered the launch and my launch correspondingly dropped about a degree to match. Yup, the loft adjustments hold true too.

I was seeing spin in the high 2000's on good swings, probably averaged about 2800. On a couple where I didn't quite get the face square, I hit some high pushes that spun about 3900. As much a swing fault as the club though in those cases.

I hit one higher on the face and distance drop off was fairly noticeable but playable. If I'm remembering correctly, spin jumped up a lot on my high on the face miss. That's not the best for my swing. If I missed any laterally, I literally could not tell by ball speed drop off or distance loss. Either I caught them all center horizontally or the forgiveness is THAT good on lateral misses. My guess is with the forgiveness.

For all of you guys who are going with this stick, what an awesome driver it is. The sliding weight is the real deal, and the sound and forgiveness laterally is as good as I've ever experienced (albeit a small sample size).

High on the face miss for me was probably the worst result, which affirms for me that the Alpha may be the better match. But I could absolutely game this driver, and truth be told, I may be tempted to buy one to go along with the Alpha if I can somehow pull that off and stay married.

Oh, after the 10 swings with the Bertha, I found an X2 Hot Pro in the rack with the Aldila Stiff shaft. I swung that about 10 times but could not match the ball speed or distance I was seeing in the Bertha. Ball speeds were about 4 mph slower even though the dispersion was tighter due to the shaft. I definitely think the Bertha is a hotter face, and I suspect lighter too making it easier to generate club head speed. Spin with the X2 Hot was even a little higher than I saw with the Bertha. This surprised me with the shaft differences in each.
Pretty awesome feedback there Brett. Love hearing about the sound and lateral forgiveness. And since my swing speed is about 1/3 of yours, regular flex might be the way to go. :)

Pretty awesome feedback there Brett. Love hearing about the sound and lateral forgiveness. And since my swing speed is about 1/3 of yours, regular flex might be the way to go. :)

I think you are going to LOVE this driver. I envision you moving that little red weight all the way over to the toe and taming that hook into a missile launching draw and own souls on the course!

Thanks Brett for the feedback :thumb:. I know the regular flex should work well for the old codger here :D.

That's some solid feedback. Wish they had it in a stiff to hear your thoughts on that. I'm so excited for all this, I can't contain myself!

Exciting to read your feedback of hitting that Bertha, G4L. I'm traveling for business in Charlotte this week and may scout a few golf stores to see if any of them here have her yet.

Bill, let me know what you find out about the PGA Superstore and if they have it. I'll be passing by the Gwinnett one next Sunday on my way home and can stop in if they've got them there.

Exciting to read your feedback of hitting that Bertha, G4L. I'm traveling for business in Charlotte this week and may scout a few golf stores to see if any of them here have her yet.

Bill, let me know what you find out about the PGA Superstore and if they have it. I'll be passing by the Gwinnett one next Sunday on my way home and can stop in if they've got them there.

Will do my friend :thumb:.

I am so looking forward to getting one of these in my hands. The options this driver provides has my head swirling like a butterbean picker on a hot July afternoon :beat-up:

Excellent write up G4L... reaffirmed my thoughts about going BB. I have the fitter at GS calling me when the demo is in.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Some really solid #TheKing banter happening on the twitters, awesome stuff

Made a pro move tonight to boost my campaign to the wife for a Thursday trip to #TheKing :D

Way to be drp!! Plant those seeds, gotta get down for practice rounds :D

And AWESOME writeup G4L!! If it's possible, I am even more stoked than I was before now. Hearing about the lateral forgiveness makes me really excited. Did you happen to miss any low on the face? That is my most common miss along with the toe miss, so I'd be over the moon if it wasn't too penal there.

I am jacked to hear repeated reports of the BB's forgiveness. The centre of the face is only a rumour to my swing so I need all the lateral forgiveness I can get.
It is going to take all my self control, or what's left of it, to not buy a BB prior to #TheKing.

Way to be drp!! Plant those seeds, gotta get down for practice rounds :D

And AWESOME writeup G4L!! If it's possible, I am even more stoked than I was before now. Hearing about the lateral forgiveness makes me really excited. Did you happen to miss any low on the face? That is my most common miss along with the toe miss, so I'd be over the moon if it wasn't too penal there.

I caught one really low on the face and it certainly reduced spin and sent a low bullet out. But it went straight and still carried over 200 yards. It wasn't a miracle worker on that mis-hit but it was certainly playable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just gonna throw this out there G4L, your findings may also be a good thing to add to the Big Bertha thread, so more people may see it.

I caught one really low on the face and it certainly reduced spin and sent a low bullet out. But it went straight and still carried over 200 yards. It wasn't a miracle worker on that mis-hit but it was certainly playable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good deal. Yeah that's to be expected, but I've swung some drivers that can't seem to stay on line with that miss. Over 200 is pretty solid for a thin shot! Haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm I wonder when a birdie is going to chirp about who our Callaway teammates are going to be? Talk about firing up the old twitter smack talking this would do it. :D

Back