Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

Just got the Cleveland Smart Square Putter from KC720 and put it to work today. Already loving it and draining some good putts.

Just got the Cleveland Smart Square Putter from KC720 and put it to work today. Already loving it and draining some good putts.

Excellent, I had my CB (39") version out today and was not terrible out there. Some struggle on distance control for winter greens, luckily I made quite a few long 2nd putts to keep the three putts to just one. Not enough 1 putts today though so still had 35 putts which is high for me.

Honestly part of me wishes they had this alignment tool on a milled face mallet--I really like my milled putters feel off the face.

Excellent, I had my CB (39") version out today and was not terrible out there. Some struggle on distance control for winter greens, luckily I made quite a few long 2nd putts to keep the three putts to just one. Not enough 1 putts today though so still had 35 putts which is high for me.

Honestly part of me wishes they had this alignment tool on a milled face mallet--I really like my milled putters feel off the face.

This putter is no joke and I think with me using a Seemore before it had helped me with this.

Should be getting my SS by Monday. I am excited to take this to the course.

This putter is no joke and I think with me using a Seemore before it had helped me with this.
Are you using the standard Length?

Are you using the standard Length?

What ever kc270 says. Say its his baby, I'm just borrowing it now till the MC.

The Dual Axis just flat out works. Incredibly excited to finally get this one to my proper length, also added 40g into the cavities on the head to get her up to 400 like War's, loooooooove it.

The Dual Axis just flat out works. Incredibly excited to finally get this one to my proper length, also added 40g into the cavities on the head to get her up to 400 like War's, loooooooove it.
It makes it a new putter, doesnt it?

The heavier weight is a niiice addition.

It makes it a new putter, doesnt it?

The heavier weight is a niiice addition.

Like I told you in FL when I pulled yours from your bag on the cart, 40g, what a difference. Just so damn fluid for me. I'm excited to get it back out this week w the added weight, length, and SS 1.0.

Like I told you in FL when I pulled yours from your bag on the cart, 40g, what a difference. Just so damn fluid for me. I'm excited to get it back out this week w the added weight, length, and SS 1.0.
What length did you end up at, 36"?

For some reason when I lengthened mine, I decided to go to 36.5" and I love it.

What length did you end up at, 36"?

For some reason when I lengthened mine, I decided to go to 36.5" and I love it.

I've got the extension in at 36.5 right now, haven't gripped yet bc I'm debating, I'm thinking the extra 1/2" might be nice with the 400g head weight now.

I've got the extension in at 36.5 right now, haven't gripped yet bc I'm debating, I'm thinking the extra 1/2" might be nice with the 400g head weight now.
Exactly why I did it.

*out of my head*

The one kc720 sent me had the SS mid slim 2.0 on it already so I don't even know how the original grip is. Do you guys not like the Original grip or just prefer SS now?

The one kc720 sent me had the SS mid slim 2.0 on it already so I don't even know how the original grip is. Do you guys not like the Original grip or just prefer SS now?
Original grip was fine, but I greatly preferred the SS 2.0 on mine, as I do on all of my putters.

Exact answer as War above, but insert 1.0 for me. I have 1.0's on I think 13 of my putters now.

Im with you there War Eagle love me some SS 2.0. Do you have any good tips on using this beast besides keeping the squares straight?
Original grip was fine, but I greatly preferred the SS 2.0 on mine, as I do on all of my putters.

Im with you there War Eagle love me some SS 2.0. Do you have any good tips on using this beast besides keeping the squares straight?
The dual-axis alignment is what it says it is. I know that sounds too typical, but it is what it is. The lines running front to back on the squares act as almost a "tracing" line to a hole, and imagine them extending on either side of the ball to your target. Then check the vertical lines and make sure they are square to each other, the ball, and your target.

If you line up the vertical and horizontal lines, the only other thing you have to concern yourself with is the pace in which you start your putt. It might take a while to adjust to the alignment aide on this one, but eventually it will become second nature.

The dual-axis alignment is what it says it is. I know that sounds too typical, but it is what it is. The lines running front to back on the squares act as almost a "tracing" line to a hole, and imagine them extending on either side of the ball to your target. Then check the vertical lines and make sure they are square to each other, the ball, and your target.

If you line up the vertical and horizontal lines, the only other thing you have to concern yourself with is the pace in which you start your putt. It might take a while to adjust to the alignment aide on this one, but eventually it will become second nature.

Bingo. Its SeeMore esque in that it takes things down to line and pace, line and pace.

Oh yeah I was working on it tonight. Say I didn't know if coming from a SeeMore if I could use a similar setup. All kinds of things to think about with the putter.

Oh yeah I was working on it tonight. Say I didn't know if coming from a SeeMore if I could use a similar setup. All kinds of things to think about with the putter.
I wouldnt change your setup or approach to putting, at all, actually.

Agreed. I stuck with my SPi method with no issues when moving to this one for the frontpage review.

Ok Ill keep what I have. Here lately after changing my grip with the clubs to a interlocking, somtimes when I practice putting after hitting my irons I interlock my fingers. I guess I am just getting use to that grip now. But anyways I'll keep my same setup and keep dropping putts like I was with my SeeMore.

Did some more work with the smart square along with the Seemore-- I found by doing this that I had the ball a little more forward in my stance on SS and thus some of my pulling issues on the stroke. This thing is so awesome on alignment, the only issues I have had was on the stroke delivery. The ball back in the stance and standing closer to the ball helped a ton on the practice green.

Has anyone adjust the lie angle on the SS or just going with the default 72* ? Most of my other putters are 70*

Did some more work with the smart square along with the Seemore-- I found by doing this that I had the ball a little more forward in my stance on SS and thus some of my pulling issues on the stroke. This thing is so awesome on alignment, the only issues I have had was on the stroke delivery. The ball back in the stance and standing closer to the ball helped a ton on the practice green.

Has anyone adjust the lie angle on the SS or just going with the default 72* ? Most of my other putters are 70*

Mine is at 70* so it's right at my 68-70* zone where I've been fit to.

Back