Got another decent run in today. Was pushed on time so I tried to keep the pace up a bit.

Here's my goal for 2014:

runreligiously013_zps030f6f9e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, maybe not every day. ButI like this outfit. Good for resistance training in the wind.

Finally got out and ran yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. Just a short 5km with the girlfriend who had never ran before this past summer and is now in the mid 6min/km group. It was a good pace for me just getting back, really able to focus on my step. Foot feels good tomorrow, so we'll try it again tomorrow and keep doing the foot exercises, hoping the muscle is back to normal now.

Finally got out and ran yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. Just a short 5km with the girlfriend who had never ran before this past summer and is now in the mid 6min/km group. It was a good pace for me just getting back, really able to focus on my step. Foot feels good tomorrow, so we'll try it again tomorrow and keep doing the foot exercises, hoping the muscle is back to normal now.

That's good to hear. I hate coming back from an injury, always so cautious and nervous.

That's good to hear. I hate coming back from an injury, always so cautious and nervous.

I've never ran so cautiously in my life haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Go out and enjoy it. Don't get hung up on the time, get hung up on the experience :thumb:

For some reason when I posted that, I thought it was Saturday. I actually did the half marathon this morning. Weather was awful. The temp was about 45 with about a 10-12 mph wind and constant misting. It actually started to rain for a few minutes around mile 8. I did finish the run in 1:49, so I finished in my goal time.

For some reason when I posted that, I thought it was Saturday. I actually did the half marathon this morning. Weather was awful. The temp was about 45 with about a 10-12 mph wind and constant misting. It actually started to rain for a few minutes around mile 8. I did finish the run in 1:49, so I finished in my goal time.

Haha dude I haven't ran in weather over 20 for the last week and most of the days the feel like temp and been minus. I'm probably used to it alittle more than you though. Nice work dude, that is a great time.

I went for a small run today but wasn't feelin the best so I didn't go very far.

Haha dude I haven't ran in weather over 20 for the last week and most of the days the feel like temp and been minus. I'm probably used to it alittle more than you though. Nice work dude, that is a great time.

I went for a small run today but wasn't feelin the best so I didn't go very far.

Lol. It has to be at least 25 for me to run. If it's colder than that, I'm staying in bed. We have a guy that's in town from michigan on business that has been running with us. He was talking about running in -16 temps a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to cry listening to him.

It's really not bad at all if you have the right layers on and in fact, there is something eerily refreshing about it. It was -12 last Thursday when I ran after work haha

It's really not bad at all if you have the right layers on and in fact, there is something eerily refreshing about it. It was -12 last Thursday when I ran after work haha

That's freaking cold haha. I've done -15/-16 celcius, which is close, but that's about as cold as I would ever do again.

The stars aligned with tonight's run. Felt really good to get out. Wind chill was -18 when I got back and regular temp was -5. Was just on the verge of being too cold.

Sounds about like the temps here JJ. Ran at -20 C this morning. Couldn't make it more than 6km. My lungs wouldn't let me breath in that cold of air.

Sounds about like the temps here JJ. Ran at -20 C this morning. Couldn't make it more than 6km. My lungs wouldn't let me breath in that cold of air.

That's the best air to breathe. I am having some foot issues. Weird stress feeling on the too of one of my feet. I really hope it doesn't linger and is just more of a getting back into it kind of thing.

That's the best air to breathe. I am having some foot issues. Weird stress feeling on the too of one of my feet. I really hope it doesn't linger and is just more of a getting back into it kind of thing.

With the amount of humidity we have in our air, I'm not use to running in that low of temp very often

Not sure if it's anything like I had, which was muscle related, but my physiotherapist friend gave me a great work out for my feet. Take a towel and just have it flat and try and scrunch it under your toes. Started doing it a couple of weeks ago, no pain at all now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I love running, it's the only time I can just stop thinking.

I'm not a good runner though haha.

Was able to run 1.25 ish on the treadmill last night in 15 minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Been trying to ease back into running after most likey going to hard and experienceing some knee/foot pain.. Whoops.

Just designed these this morning and really want a pair, but just can't justify the money for customizing.
Nike_zps5e3125fc.jpg

what Free model is that JJ?

what Free model is that JJ?

3. I have never had a pair of Free's but I decided I'm going all in with the 3's when I do haha

JJ- how old are your shoes? The knee/leg stuff may be from the shoes being worn out.

I have a few pairs of running shoes that look pretty new but are completely useless for running.

White swoosh looks much better.
Nike2_zps30c95332.jpg

JJ- how old are your shoes? The knee/leg stuff may be from the shoes being worn out.

I have a few pairs of running shoes that look pretty new but are completely useless for running.

OLD, but I have been trying to run the "minimalist" method so the shoes are not really a factor.. I almost think it is from my running style, just hoping the discomfort will taper off

Edit: I actually have been running in one of my older, lighter, cheaper pairs specifically to promote that running style.

Just like golf clubs, I would recommend getting fitted for running shoes. The Frees are great for speed training and short runs, but too much mileage on them can lead to injuries in most runners, unless you are on the lighter side and have a virtually perfect gait and stride.

If you run regularly, I'd recommend getting new shoes every 6 months or so, maybe a year if you're more of a moderate runner.

Just like golf clubs, I would recommend getting fitted for running shoes. The Frees are great for speed training and short runs, but too much mileage on them can lead to injuries in most runners, unless you are on the lighter side and have a virtually perfect gait and stride.

If you run regularly, I'd recommend getting new shoes every 6 months or so, maybe a year if you're more of a moderate runner.
Been fit for shoes before and would keep mileage to around 300... Going all minimalist now.

Been fit for shoes before and would keep mileage to around 300... Going all minimalist now.

300 is good; what type of surface are you generally running on?

I'm not a believer in the minimalist system. But I'm also 6'3", 230, so that system really isn't set up for me anyway.

When I'm really running a lot, I try to change out shoes once a calendar year, every 6-8 months. Otherwise, I is usually just buy a pair before my season starts in the Fall.

Back