Leaving for PHX on a business trip, took these before I left ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390606023.754891.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390606034.120193.jpg

My little girl, who used to love playing "princess dress-up" with me, turns 13 today.

Not quite sure how I feel about this...

Always tough to leave the little ones behind when leaving for work. Luckily I get to take them with me for a couple trips this year!

Found this on Buzzfeed. A fort from a fitted sheet and a box fan! Three of the kids are in there now.

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

rbarthle, that is awesome!

I used to be quite the fort builder, never anything like that though.

My 6 and 9 year old had a blast today trying a little computer programming. Sounds strange I know but code.org has some neat games that teach them some basics.

Forecast is for -20 wind chills the next 2 days. Kids are probably going to be home because of closed schools again. Xbox Kinect has gotten a workout this weekend by the kids, but cabin fever set in a week ago. Just too damn cold to send them outside. Keeping them mentally and physically stimulated in a full time job lately.

My 6 and 9 year old had a blast today trying a little computer programming. Sounds strange I know but code.org has some neat games that teach them some basics.
Thanks for the head's up Erik, I'm going to have to check that out once the kids get a bit older!

Man oh man... I remember his birth like it was yesterday. My little dude with be 6 months tomorrow.

Here is a couple pictures that we snapped over the weekend.

And here he is just watching Beyonce. At least he is learning young...

Thumbs up on both of the kid's progress reports that came yesterday. Not perfect but trending in the right direction and I think reflective of their effort. We also got hand written notes from the kids thanking us for sending them to their school. Those combined to make just what I needed last night after a tough day.

First ice storm here in a decade. The boy was getting a little stir crazy.
uratyzen.jpg

swing your swing

You guys might get a kick out of this, it is both sad and funny. Our 2 year old went on the "potty" for the first time today. Dad threw his back out putting her on it. This better not effect my golf game. Good thing I got 6 more Weeks of winter to recover :)

Okay guys I'm having a dilemma the past few months with my children. We have a 10 yr age gap between my son (12) and daughter (2). These last few months have been extremely trying and exhausting due to the antagonizing taking place. I know it's just brother n sister stuff, but is there anyway to prevent it? I feel as I'm always directing the discipline towards my son, which isn't right.

Okay guys I'm having a dilemma the past few months with my children. We have a 10 yr age gap between my son (12) and daughter (2). These last few months have been extremely trying and exhausting due to the antagonizing taking place. I know it's just brother n sister stuff, but is there anyway to prevent it? I feel as I'm always directing the discipline towards my son, which isn't right.
When it gets really bad we physically separate our kids. One upstairs, the other downstairs type of thing.

I wish I could help you. Our oldest is 2 1/2 and our youngest will be 1 this week, so a little different. Although sometimes we do feel the same, like we're yelling (or not quite yelling) at our oldest more than anything else. Makes us feel bad, and wonder if we're doing it right. But if they're doing something wrong they need to know...

I agree on the physical separation issue. The age gap between mine is 5 years (13 and 8) and antagonizing each other is their absolute favorite activity. With the age of mine, we can do the "loss of iPod/Nintendo DS" as a deterrent, but the separation for a while does work too. It allows them to cool off and let their minds go over to something else.

Rope and a basement. ?

Physical separation and threatening to take away phones/iPads. The latter are important enough these days that they do respond.

Mixed feelings on my youngest son's latest. He's a HS senior, been really busy the past two years with church, football and lacrosse, and of course schoolwork, and and now he's got his eye on a girl from church that he's been working with a lot lately. I'm sure that he's been interested in other girls, but my wife found a note in his room. As with my older son, we'll just let things take their course. We're pretty confident we've raised him right, respecting women and just people in general so no worries there, but with a first crush there's of course that potential for heartache. My wife is good with communicating with him on that level than I am so that's good.

Mixed feelings on my youngest son's latest. He's a HS senior, been really busy the past two years with church, football and lacrosse, and of course schoolwork, and and now he's got his eye on a girl from church that he's been working with a lot lately. I'm sure that he's been interested in other girls, but my wife found a note in his room. As with my older son, we'll just let things take their course. We're pretty confident we've raised him right, respecting women and just people in general so no worries there, but with a first crush there's of course that potential for heartache. My wife is good with communicating with him on that level than I am so that's good.
Hang in there Bonk!

That's why there is two of you! There are things my wife is better at than I am so I just let her roll with.

This time 7 years ago today the wife went into labor and I had to wake up a neighbor to watch our son as we raced off to the hospital. The rest of the country got the Super Bowl and we got a daughter. I was nervous about having a girl. It has been a complete and total blessing. Happy birthday to my daughter.

Very cool Frank. Hope it's a great day for you guys.

Happy birthday to your daughter t4k. Daughters are definitely a fun time.

Happy Birthday to your daughter Frank!!

Happy birthday to your little girl Frank!

Back