Big Break Florida (Spoilers)

Just started on the golf channel

Catching the rerun now.

Same here. Not super pumped about this season, but I will watch.

Agreed, these girls seem...different for a lack of a better word.

Agreed, these girls seem...different for a lack of a better word.
Watching Dallas swing, I was like... That looks like Furyk, then she said she has the identical swing of Furyk.

Never did I think I would see someone else with that type of swing.

Watching Dallas swing, I was like... That looks like Furyk, then she said she has the identical swing of Furyk.

On purpose also lol.

I did the same thing! So far this Lauren girl seems the most normal and definitely who I will be rooting for. The girl that has her dad as a caddie that was hitting out of the hitting bay seemed a tad rough around the edges I see her causing serious drama with her having a lack of a filter.

Man I could think of a lot easier swings to replicate first.

I did the same thing! So far this Lauren girl seems the most normal and definitely who I will be rooting for. The girl that has her dad as a caddie that was hitting out of the hitting bay seemed a tad rough around the edges I see her causing serious drama with her having a lack of a filter.

I think she, and the country girl that drives the racecar and shoots shotguns will have the first blowup. She seemed like she's got a little chip on her shoulder too.

I'm not overly excited about this season after the "Meet the Players" episode, but I will watch it religiously as I have every season to date.

I haven't really followed the show much over the last few years, I usually end up watching the marathons before the final show since we have The Golf Channel on at work. It does seem that the women have had more success after the show than the men.

I think she, and the country girl that drives the racecar and shoots shotguns will have the first blowup. She seemed like she's got a little chip on her shoulder too.

I'm not overly excited about this season after the "Meet the Players" episode, but I will watch it religiously as I have every season to date.

Yeah same here. I haven't missed an episode in probably the last 3 or 4 Big Breaks and this one definitely is the most lack luster for me.

I have two thoughts about this season. First, is anyone else concerned that more and more of these kids are giving up their amateur status just to get on the show? I think I saw that at least two are this season. Didn't the last two seasons have girls that did that, just to fall flat and be out on the first show? It seems to me this show is getting close to jumping the shark in terms of the talent pool. Secondly, I do have to commend GC for finding some girls that aren't model-beauty to be on the show. I think it's important for a show like that to show that they really are open to everyone with talent, not just everyone with both talent and looks as they have been the last few seasons with the ladies.

I know that Meghan gave up her status to enter Big Break, but she is signed by W/S now. Not sure if she has the game to succeed, but she is very "marketable". Honestly, the odds of these people making it are so low that I don't think they are giving up much in regards to their amateur status. They are still playing on mini-tours so they are getting competition in either way.

Honestly, the odds of these people making it are so low that I don't think they are giving up much in regards to their amateur status.

"College scholarships" come to mind. If these teenage players are good enough to play in the minor leagues of pro golf, they're good enough to get at least some of their college paid for first. I get wanting to chase the dream, and I am not saying that these kids shouldn't turn pro if that is what they want. But do it for something more than a reality show, and that's where GC can step in. I think that GC should put some limits on this, steer these fringe pro players to get their degree first.

I know that Meghan gave up her status to enter Big Break, but she is signed by W/S now. Not sure if she has the game to succeed, but she is very "marketable". Honestly, the odds of these people making it are so low that I don't think they are giving up much in regards to their amateur status. They are still playing on mini-tours so they are getting competition in either way.

She's been posting on her page trying to find tourneys to play. Doubt she ever makes it but she for a while will sell calendars.

Watching the Meet the Players episode. Looking forward to this season.

Small, let us know your thoughts after watching. I'm thinking there may be a lot of drama this season.

Small, let us know your thoughts after watching. I'm thinking there may be a lot of drama this season.

Don't like the girl who said she would punch some of the girls.

I just found out my daughters boyfriend is friends with the cousin of Lesley Aho on the show. They say she's pretty laid back, so I look forward to see how she does.

I just found out my daughters boyfriend is friends with the cousin of Lesley Aho on the show. They say she's pretty laid back, so I look forward to see how she does.

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
What's that make us?
Absolutely nothing.

2i0npd.jpg

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
What's that make us?
Absolutely nothing.

2i0npd.jpg

I walked right into that one. Good one.

Who's ready for the premiere tonight?!

Back