Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously mostly dependent on weather, but were most thinking about sticking around for dinner afterwards? Figured we could make it back to Tully's if everyone wants to.

I'll be famished after posting my simulator enhanced 130 ;)

blizzard of '77, now that was a snow storm, don't for get the ice storm in the early 90's either.

sunday should be fair and warmer..........inside at plumb creek

Biggest thing is remembering my clubs before I leave Saturday lol

I'll be famished after posting my simulator enhanced 130 ;)

I'm curious how different this simulator is compared to the one I play on. My scores in the 80's could really be 100's lol.

I'm curious how different this simulator is compared to the one I play on. My scores in the 80's could really be 100's lol.
I've played at four different places, but all of them had AboutGolf simulators. I'm really more concerned with ball striking and ball flight--which I think they do a good job of capturing. Short game and putting is just too video-game like for me to take anything away from.

I've played at four different places, but all of them had AboutGolf simulators. I'm really more concerned with ball striking and ball flight--which I think they do a good job of capturing. Short game and putting is just too video-game like for me to take anything away from.

have to agree on the short game for pretty mucha ll the simulators..

I've tried about golf true trac and full swing golf and the only one I had issues with is the full swing golf, I think its an older model

Exactly how I feel too, Pete.

Yeah I was just joking around, scores are so inaccurate based on chips and putting you can't get anything out of what you scored. All I look at is the swing path, contact angle, and swing speed.

Yeah I was just joking around, scores are so inaccurate based on chips and putting you can't get anything out of what you scored. All I look at is the swing path, contact angle, and swing speed.
You said it better than I did. Score is pretty much a joke on these regardless of simulator…unless I win. :)

You said it better than I did. Score is pretty much a joke on these regardless of simulator…unless I win. :)

of course, that the only thing that matters :alien:

We are getting a lot of snow.
Anyone want to come clean my driveway? Always preferred shoveling over dropping big money on a snow-blower. Told myself it's because it's good exercise, not cause I'm cheap. Anyway, can't shovel cause I tweeked my back and my wife is giving me the stink eye :)

Anyone want to come clean my driveway? Always preferred shoveling over dropping big money on a snow-blower. Told myself it's because it's good exercise, not cause I'm cheap. Anyway, can't shovel cause I tweeked my back and my wife is giving me the stink eye :)

I just hope this goes away for the weekend. My 1.5 hour drive to Depew will be 4 hours if this doesn't go away, not to mention going to Batavia on the way back for the sim.

Buy the snow blower. Best investment I ever made. Yes, lots of money, but if you take care of it, it will last 20+ years

Buy the snow blower. Best investment I ever made. Yes, lots of money, but if you take care of it, it will last 20+ years

This man speaks the truth. I may be in the hospital without my snow blower.

This man speaks the truth. I may be in the hospital without my snow blower.
4y9asuzy.jpg

Well swapping of shifts fell through so I'll be there a little after 2. So I'll be getting there right as you guys are finishing up warming up so I'll take a few warm up hacks and we'll be getting after it. What are your guys's thoughts on how we want to play? Just set up a course and play as many holes as possible?

Well swapping of shifts fell through so I'll be there a little after 2. So I'll be getting there right as you guys are finishing up warming up so I'll take a few warm up hacks and we'll be getting after it. What are your guys's thoughts on how we want to play? Just set up a course and play as many holes as possible?
Just regular golf would be my vote. The Big Break and closest to the pin/long drive stuff is neat, but I think regular golf flows better with the number of guys I think we'll have.

That might be the best, but the contests were fun last time. I am up for both.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I agree with you guys. I think being that there is 7 guys the best time spent will just be getting as many holes in as possible. My vote as well.

I agree with you guys. I think being that there is 7 guys the best time spent will just be getting as many holes in as possible. My vote as well.

agreed

Set it up with a 2 putt maximum and it will go faster.

Set it up with a 2 putt maximum and it will go faster.

Not sure if we can or not, but we'll change the gimmes from 3 feet to 6 feet for sure.

Not sure if we can or not, but we'll change the gimmes from 3 feet to 6 feet for sure.

Yeah the gimme setting would speed it up, I usually play within 10 ft on my dad's friend's and it doesn't always give you a 1 putt. I think it gauges how far you are and then gives you a 1 putt or 2 putt depending.

My Sim League does NO gimmes. And you putt out until you are finished. There is no worse feeling than five-putting (and walking back and forth to the screen five times) with three other dudes waiting for you to finish so we can go to the next hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back