What course/course condition is your kryptonite?

Cant stand green surrounded by bunkers in water. Try to club down ad layup and end up goin slash or splat.

Also like a few others said, the cold fairways and thick ruff doesn't work for me either. Shots come out thick ruff super chunky. And on cold hard fairways I gotta club down or risk shooting past my initial target area

It may sound weird, but for me it's tightly mown fairways. If the ball is not sitting up slightly I have a hard time getting the ball in the air.

Tree lined fairways. I have gotten used to playing desert golf and not having any trees to deal with. If I am slicing real bad that day I just aim way left and let it come back, hooking that day do the opposite. Can't do that with those pesky trees in the way.

Soggy courses. Cart grooves in the fairway, plugged fairway lies, slow greens, muddy sand traps, jungle thick rough, wet feet, no traction.

I do not mind wet if its well irrigated, but when the fairways get all soft and mushy... I seem to hit them all fat, very fat

Soggy within 100 yards. I chunk pitches and chips all the time in the wet.

Super windy is probably my kryptonite, makes the course much tougher IMO.

Wet and narrow/tree lined are the two that get me. Wet more for the fact of no roll out on drives (which I can hardly afford to give up as a shorter hitter) and narrow because I prefer to have something other than trees to help catch arrant drives.

My balls have a love affair with water, so the more water on the course the more I hate it. Working on getting past that, as it's mostly a mental block for me.

Thank you but - That was just a little more information than any of us really needed to know.

Could be any course on any given day really. But I have the most problems with a wet and hilly course.

I don't mind playing when it's raining or wet out, but I have played in a few tournaments after really bad showers and it just makes the course harder for me. Those courses were already playing above a comfortable length for me, and as a short hitter it just made them even longer.

I hate playing when it's really soggy or windy. Hilly courses are also difficult as my stance is usually uncomfortable due to the lie of the ball.
Equally annoying when the greens are hard and you have to adjust to bounce before the green.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Dallas area courses, for the most part, are notorious for sorry bunkers with inconsistent (if any) and poor drainage (pool water for days after a rain). This makes me crazy. Some of the Eagle Golf courses are making an investment to fix this problem. If you can't afford to maintain sand bunkers, just turn them into grass bunkers, I say.

Wind and cold for me, which isn't good based on where I live.

A real wet course is what I hate playing on.
Too much inconsistency on the green speeds when putting, mushy shots from the fairway, mud on the ball, etc...

Rain. If I know it's going to rain (real rain, not a short, light rain), I skip the golf. Playing golf in the rain is never fun for me, so I will pass on the opportunity!

A tight, tree-lined course intimidates me and just kills my game, especially off the tee.

For me it's wet/soggy conditions. I can play in a drizzle or light rain no problem, but when the course gets saturated, it's no fun.

Then it's cold & windy. I can do windy or cold, just not together. My most miserable round I've played was mid 40's & a constant 15mph wind.

Extremely long courses are my kryptonite.... Just cannot put up great scores with hitting 4 and 5 iron into greens. I don't really have trouble playing in all weather conditions but recently I do prefer it being above 45 degrees outside.

The answer used to be Bermuda greens but the place I practice often recently changed to Champions Bermuda and now I love them

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

That's an easy one for me... Heavy green-side bunkering, especially when the bunkers are on the left (natural right to left shot shape). I'm getting better, but still need a good bit of improvement in this area.

Second is greens that have some slope and are so just really quick with pins that are in spots where you literally can't get a ball to stop near the hole if putting at all downhill....the ones where all you can do is run it by 8 feet (unless you make it) and then just putt back uphill.

The uphill par 4 at Meadowbrook?

I don't really like courses with tight doglegs on every hole. They usually keep me from playing driver (and sometimes a wood in general) for the entire round.

There is a course in North Myrtle Beach that immediately comes to mind. It was only 6,200ish yards, but it was like they crammed the course into the property. Every hole had doglegs, and every hole was tree lined. You basically played to the corner of dogleg all day regardless of the distance from the tee. I remember hitting 7i off of one tee (on a 320ish hole) because I would hit it through the fairway it I hit anything longer.

Courses like that are not fun at all.

Wet for me. I'm getting rage shivers just thinking about all the mud and chunked shots. Too many forced carries, especially in the middle of the hole, agitates me too.

Taps away

I agree that I hate playing in really wet conditions. In most of the other scenario's good play can keep me out of the rough, tree's. pond, etc... but there is nothing worse than hitting great shots and finding yourself in a sloppy wet fairway. It has several affects on my game, the largest probably being mental.

I played a course with hard greens only once. it was frustrating but I suffered along with my other 3 friends, too so it became more of a joke than something to get angry about. I despise tight courses more, mainly due to my erratic driving. The next time I play one I will suck it up and jump up a tee box (or 2).

Back