Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver Preview

I hit this driver, along the a Big Bertha, Bio Cell, 913D, Altutude, G25, and Optiforce. The Wilson was the longest by far. I will have to try the new 588 Custom, but it looks as if a Wilson will be in my bag this season. The sound was a little funky, but the length was no joke.

What kind of numbers were you seeing between the Wilson vs the others tested?

love the look of the whole line, just don't know anything about wilson, have never played/hit anything of theirs.

My swing speed was right around 100. The average carry was 242 with the Wilson. The next closest was the Big Bertha with a carry of 235. My launch angle was 14 degrees and the spin was around 3100.

My swing speed was right around 100. The average carry was 242 with the Wilson. The next closest was the Big Bertha with a carry of 235. My launch angle was 14 degrees and the spin was around 3100.
My normal SS & carry distance is pretty close to yours. I'd love to pick up a 7 more yards like you did.

Interested to hear about dispersion. I almost bought the D-100 driver last year because of the distance it generated for me. I ended up going with the TEE XCG6 because I hit it straighter.

Also, which weight set up did the driver you hit have in it?

One thing I really like about this is the fact they give you all the weights when you buy it. I wish more oem's would do this.

I want to hit this one badly, have I mentioned that?

In hand its just SO good looking, and the variable weights are just a very smart move by them.

I didn't notice which weight was in the head, but it was consistently the longest driver for me. I really wanted to try the 588 Custom, but they did not have it yet. Every good swing was right down the middle, maybe a slight draw which is my normal "good" swing. After not swinging a club since October, I was worried I would embarrass myself. Now, I'm going to see if my Wilson contacts can get me one for half cost!!!

This one is definitely right at the top of the MUST hit list for me still. I catch myself going to W/S's website and just staring aimlessly at it. I'm taken by the looks and I'm a big fan of the brand, need to FIND it to hit now.

This one is definitely right at the top of the MUST hit list for me still. I catch myself going to W/S's website and just staring aimlessly at it. I'm taken by the looks and I'm a big fan of the brand, need to FIND it to hit now.

It's like you are bumping all the threads I was looking to find. Hopefully hitting this this weekend.

It's like you are bumping all the threads I was looking to find. Hopefully hitting this this weekend.

Rhyme and a reason brother :alien:, just trying to help get the convo's out into the threads from the ponder thread.

I want to know your thoughts if you get time with it, in a big way. Just looks like its a bomber, and the weight system just makes me like an excited little kid.

Rhyme and a reason brother :alien:, just trying to help get the convo's out into the threads from the ponder thread.

I want to know your thoughts if you get time with it, in a big way. Just looks like its a bomber, and the weight system just makes me like an excited little kid.

Should hopefully get some time with it Friday afternoon. As long as they have it there, which I imagine they would.

Should hopefully get some time with it Friday afternoon. As long as they have it there, which I imagine they would.

I've got my fingers crossed FOR you, believe me.

I bought one yesterday, so if you're ever in Nashville!!! I tried hitting the Big Bertha, Big Bertha Alpha, 588 Custom, Altitude, Bio Cell, XHot2, G25, and the 913D2. The Wilson was the longest by 8-10 yards for me. I really wanted the 588 Custom, loved the all black, but the Wilson beat it by 8 yards every time. The Wilson was the loudest too. I should have it by Friday. I'll post pics when it arrives, although we all know what it looks like.

Pics would be great. Congrats on the driver JPR.

I'm with the Hawk! Some pics would be SUUUUUUHWEET!

Congrats on the grab, pretty stinking cool to hear it did so well against so many.

Where do you go to hit clubs in Erie? I was in Dicks there a week or two ago and they had nothing new at all. Even to golf dome was closed..

Also anyone who has seen this in person does it sit neutral or maybe a bit open like it looks?

Where do you go to hit clubs in Erie? I was in Dicks there a week or two ago and they had nothing new at all. Even to golf dome was closed..

Also anyone who has seen this in person does it sit neutral or maybe a bit open like it looks?

Sent you a PM.

I bought one yesterday, so if you're ever in Nashville!!! I tried hitting the Big Bertha, Big Bertha Alpha, 588 Custom, Altitude, Bio Cell, XHot2, G25, and the 913D2. The Wilson was the longest by 8-10 yards for me. I really wanted the 588 Custom, loved the all black, but the Wilson beat it by 8 yards every time. The Wilson was the loudest too. I should have it by Friday. I'll post pics when it arrives, although we all know what it looks like.

I need more details and a bunch of pic's. I drool when I look at this club.

ScapIron, I would drool too if I was up at 3:30AM. Still your point is so valid. Just want to actually see one if the flesh.

dcbrad and JMan, I do the same thing.Just stare at the website. Wish they would class up the website.It stinks compared to just about any other brand.I know it looks like the ones they do for other sports like baseball and tennis. Still they have a window of opportunity.They could take market share if they really reach out to the consumer. Print,TV, something that reaches golfers who actually have money to buy clubs,bags and balls.

MMAYNARD11, Off topic but how do you like taptalk

As soon as I get it I will post pics. If you really want to see a beautiful driver, look at the Cleveland 588 Custom. It was the sweetest looking driver of the new ones.

Last edited:
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver Preview

F6467455-93E3-4367-A5E6-FD5BB6AA86D0_zpsj6phgslh.jpg

40DB1E1A-78AB-41EE-828F-0693D7AC9545_zpspuf7fl8f.jpg

This is definitely the club I was most looking forward to hit today. If you hadn't already noticed this face is DEEP. Was talking with the rep about this one a lot. He was saying that the club is actually 460cc's but looks closer to 445 or 440 because of the way the club was designed. He said that it looked like that because of the face being deeper and this allowed the driver to appeal more to the tour players because of the head shape looking smaller.

First off, let's talk about the sound of the driver. It has a deeper almost more hollow sound than some of the other drivers out in the market. I would almost say it's like R1, but it's different. IMO, not as displeasing as the R1 was, what it's definitely different.

This driver is a rocket launcher though. Is extremely easy to head and almost an effortless swing can get the ball up in a hurry. The look of the crown with the all-black matte top is really appealing at set up as well.

All the hype from the PGA show about this driver is being lived up to. It's a driver that Wilson is excited about and that should get everyone else excited. The rep and I talked for probably close to 20 minutes about this club alone. I didn't get a chance to mess around with the weights at all but I did get a good feel about how this driver would perform and it is definitely a winner.

Love hearing the good reviews on this driver. I HAVE to find somewhere local to hit it.

I just wish their tour pros would game them to give them some publicity.

That face looks pretty much perfect in terms of size!

Back