THP UK Summer Cup 2014

Yeah - he mentioned he was playing well. I may have to invoke rule 46.3 to stop the cup going North......:blob:

You might need more than rule 46.3 to stop him, he is Scottish remember so I am not sure that Jaeger on it's own will be enough..... :D

You might need more than rule 46.3 to stop him, he is Scottish remember so I am not sure that Jaeger on it's own will be enough..... :D

Rule 46.3 is not the Jaeger rule. I think Ian drinks about the same as you bud - i.e. not at all.

I have no idea of what rule 46.3 is yet...Mav and I might need to make it up as we go!

Rule 46.3 is not the Jaeger rule. I think Ian drinks about the same as you bud - i.e. not at all.

I have no idea of what rule 46.3 is yet...Mav and I might need to make it up as we go!

Forgot Ian didn't drink, but then with not being able to stop for the evening at Belton that wasn't surprising

I have no doubt that between you, you will be able to come up with something, even if it was as simple as anyone who crosses more than one border can't take the trophy home :D

Forgot Ian didn't drink, but then with not being able to stop for the evening at Belton that wasn't surprising

I have no doubt that between you, you will be able to come up with something, even if it was as simple as anyone who crosses more than one border can't take the trophy home :D

That's 46.6.

Honestly...you must pay more attention.

C'mon then boys and girls - lets be 'avin you - need a few more players please....

Stu, been talking to my mate and he is working on getting his pass.....lol

Should know by the end of the week, but he is very hopeful that he should be here so can you pencil him in and either I will confirm or he will get signed up and confirm himself

Either way, he will be signed up before we go :D

Stu, been talking to my mate and he is working on getting his pass.....lol

Should know by the end of the week, but he is very hopeful that he should be here so can you pencil him in and either I will confirm or he will get signed up and confirm himself

Either way, he will be signed up before we go :D

Excellent work Doc. Like a bit of coercion.

Unless you want me to christen him 'Nursie' what's his name?

It is Preston, who I usually play golf with, you may have seen our scorecards from rounds I posted on here last year

It is Preston, who I usually play golf with, you may have seen our scorecards from rounds I posted on here last year

1st Post Updated. Welcome Preston (when you get here!) 14 confirmed players so far. So definitely 4 tee times. Still waiting a couple of maybes...

1st Post Updated. Welcome Preston (when you get here!) 14 confirmed players so far. So definitely 4 tee times. Still waiting a couple of maybes...

Didn't realise my post ended up posting twice?????

Might have another one to add to the list - someone from work who I have sent a link to this thread, so he may join up and add his name to the list or I will confirm if he can't make it, just not sure how soon he can confirm

Didn't realise my post ended up posting twice?????

Might have another one to add to the list - someone from work who I have sent a link to this thread, so he may join up and add his name to the list or I will confirm if he can't make it, just not sure how soon he can confirm

Forum knows I'm deaf, so put your post up twice to make sure I got it! Spoke to the hotel today, they are happy to hold everything for a few more days...keep your head down up there Doc!

Just trying to do my bit for the UK contingent and try to build our numbers

Gutted I'm missing the Summer Cup but I've decided I'm buying a bottle of Jäger to take to Club Champs with me and all will be well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plying your competitors with alcohol prior to the competition may be considered cheating Si... :D

No it's for my own consumption! After Belton Woods I'm now addicted to the stuff!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like I should be grateful for missing the evening drinks then....

Shame you can't make it, would have been nice to grab a round and catch up but there will always be another day

Just trying to do my bit for the UK contingent and try to build our numbers
So you are, so you are - and a fantastic job you are doing of it too!

I was surprised that Damogean has not posted on this one - he is up your way isn't he? I guess that there is always going to be some for whom the time is not quite right etc....

Appreciate the efforts Doc!

Yes he is up this way but, like you say, the timing might not work for him

1st Post Updated. John & Nick confirmed attendees. Great stuff. 16 now.

1st Post Updated. John & Nick confirmed attendees. Great stuff. 16 now.

Nice! The number 20 that was mentioned from last year's recap isn't that far away!

As snow and rain is falling outside now I'm really excited for this.. Can't wait! :D
/ Almdudler

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Mini Bump for this!
Calling all UK THP'ers....come and play some golf! Fantastic deal at a lovely hotel - Ill even buy you a drink!

Europeans?? This year we have a Dane and a Swede coming 'Viking' to steal our trophy away - any more fancy their chances?

Citizens of the Rest of the World...Don't be shy! If Wales has a summer - early July is it. - No more than 90 minutes from Heathrow - Heck we will even get you picked up at the terminal and driven to the course (thats the way we THPers roll:banana:)

Any more for any more?

Not heard any more from my work colleague but I think he is on holiday this week....half term and all that malarkey...??? Will wander round to his desk and see if he is around later

Gentlemen - another has taken up the challenge. A player bringing something unique - to this, the fourth time that the cup has been contested. Our new competitor also hails from Sweden, has a handicap of around 20, and SHE fully intends to kick our arses....

Lina. Welcome.

First post amended.

Welcome to Lina, and go easy on El B on the course, we don't want to upset him too much after he has gone to the trouble of organising this event :D

Getting closer to the total of 20........

Welcome to Lina, and go easy on El B on the course, we don't want to upset him too much after he has gone to the trouble of organising this event :D

Getting closer to the total of 20........

I played Burnham and Berrow last weekend...lovely links course in the West Country (currently known as the Wet Country) and took a NINE on the par 3 17th...Very nearly started smoking again there and then! So - impossible to upset me now!

Back