Bubba Watson Wins Northern Trust - WITB

My daughter loves his pink driver, it's funny when she saw it this week she said, look it has stripes like a zebra!

Interesting wedge setup going from 56 to 64.

Interesting wedge setup going from 56 to 64.

It was stated earlier that its bent to 62°. Still most would go 52,56,60 I would think...

Its good to see him have a win again. I believe its the first one since the 2012 masters?

One if the things that surprises me is how he changes drivers but keeps that same biomatrix shaft in each driver. I'm kind if surprised it's works well with all the different heads over the years

One if the things that surprises me is how he changes drivers but keeps that same biomatrix shaft in each driver. I'm kind if surprised it's works well with all the different heads over the years

Very good point. I think a lot might have to do with the act they are all G-series driver. He's not in the I series or Anser drivers.

Bubba Watson Wins Northern Trust - WITB

Very good point. I think a lot might have to do with the act they are all G-series driver. He's not in the I series or Anser drivers.

Makes sense, and they can tweak the heads to get it close I guess. Just still surprises me that it's that close.

The shaft does stay the same, but Bubba is not really a guy that spends too much time working with launch angles. No need to maximize distance based on what he is putting on the golf ball, because no two shots are ever the same.

The shaft does stay the same, but Bubba is not really a guy that spends too much time working with launch angles. No need to maximize distance based on what he is putting on the golf ball, because no two shots are ever the same.

Perfectly explained my man. If you don't have an ideal launch, then it doesn't matter,

I started playing the S55s this year. Very nice feeling irons. I stop at the 5i, but I don't think I would have any issue with the 4 and the 3. I can flight them high or low and easily work the ball either way when my swing is working :)

Well done by Bubba this weekend. I like that bag setup and that G25 in pink always catches my eye.

Well done by Bubba this weekend. I like that bag setup and that G25 in pink always catches my eye.

I like that set up too. I miss my Ping set.

39 holes without a bogey that was impressive. Crazy how far he hits that 3iron

Post round interview, Bubba said he went back to his 'Old' putter. Worked in his favor and happy to see him win a tournament.

BTW, his kid was pretty cute on the 18th hole.

I love the pink driver, and the racing stripes just make it pop.

I will always be a fan of Bubba's long-hitting, home-made game but I do hope he learns to be a little more gracious.

I started playing the S55s this year. Very nice feeling irons. I stop at the 5i, but I don't think I would have any issue with the 4 and the 3. I can flight them high or low and easily work the ball either way when my swing is working :)

Welcome to the site. There's an S55 review thread around here. Several of us have put our thoughts and experiences for the rest to enjoy and consider. With a PGA tour win under their belt, I bet a few more eyes will migrate to that thread for info. Have a set myself and I love em

Interesting in his post round interview that he just started using the S55s.
He said it was his first change in irons in 10 years.

I saw that too, but I know he was playing them at the waste management. In fact I could've sworn I saw him playing these in November.

I saw that too, but I know he was playing them at the waste management. In fact I could've sworn I saw him playing these in November.

He was but that is still new to him haha

I love the pink driver, and the racing stripes just make it pop.

I will always be a fan of Bubba's long-hitting, home-made game but I do hope he learns to be a little more gracious.

This all over^^^^
Dude has so much for the average guy to like. If he didn't have those bursts of extremely poor behavior, he would have a much bigger following. He's a goofball. People love goofballs. People don't love a-holes

He tested them in November and played them at the Waste Mgt. That was his first full tournament with them.

Back