If you could work with a tour swing coach who would it be?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Seeing the Foley and Westwood split got me thinking - who would you most like to take lessons from (other than Freddie Kong of course!!)?

Probably Foley because he's closer to my age. Otherwise, maybe Butch Harmon.

Chuck Cook.

I would go with Todd Anderson. His students fit my mold and personality the closest and I think we would get along great. Not to mention his swing seems so simplistic

Not a popular one but Haney for me. After watching him on the Haney project I just think his style fits me.

I'm going to have to say Jimmy Ballard. Rocco gives him the credit for him to be able to play and win with his bad back, something that I'm fighting.

Not a popular one but Haney for me. After watching him on the Haney project I just think his style fits me.

I think that show really humanized him. He's not worth $1000 an hour though

Butch, though I think my game would benefit more from working with Pelz.

This is a good one, I'd have to say Martin Hall, I really like what he teaches on the Golf Channel and the way he explains things. I do like how Chuck Cook helped Dufner win the PGA as well, so maybe him.

I'm going with Foley as price wise, he is the only one I have a realistic shot of ever working with haha

I do too man. Not just his sunny personality, but his swing is the swing I'd like to have.

Yup. He just seems like an awesome dude. I love how him and Keegan have fun and always joke with each other. I think my coach would have to embrace that attitude as well.

Paul Marchand, I think Freddy has one of the best swings on tour. I also love to hear from Marchand. We seem to think the same.

Chris O’Connell (Matt Kuchar's swing guru).

Butch, though I think my game would benefit more from working with Pelz.

I forgot about Pelz. I need to visit his home for backyard short game lessons.

I forgot about Pelz. I need to visit his home for backyard short game lessons.

Pelz is another one - but crazy expensive

I would say Foley or Breed. I like Breed's energy ha ha

My first thought was Pelz, if for no other reason than I might get an invite to his house! But really, a strong short game can cover a lot of flaws in the rest of the game, and I think he knows a thing or 2 about the short game.

I would say Foley or Breed. I like Breed's energy ha ha

I'm right there with ya buddy. I'd have Michael Breed for sure. Just love the way he carries himself and the energy he has.

I would have loved to just sit down with Harvey Penick for 10 minutes that turned into an afternoon. I'm really not sure who out there would be best for me but I couldn't pass up a chance to spend time with Butch or Pelz. I don't think I'd appreciate Foley at all....same with Breed. Haney might be a good fit.

Pat O'Brien.

Not just for putting, for everything.

Back