Golf Clothing- what is your favorite and why?

It's all about Nike and TW apparel over here from head to toe. The wife calls it my addiction but I tell her they're collectibles lol. Simply the best when it comes to the hot, humid summers in South Florida with the dri fit technology. The TW polos are so light and breathable that it almost feels like you don't have a shirt on. The cotton blends are great for a casual day at work. Shoes have come a long way and the Lunar Controls are arguably the best shoes on the market. You definitely get your money's worth with Nike Golf apparel.

Nike does tend to wear well IMO. I have several from 2-3 years ago that are still very wearable. I am seeing the same thing so far with UA and Puma as well. UA shorts and pants are another story though. I find they wear out VERY fast.

I find that Puma gives me everything that I look for in golf apparel. They have color if you want it, they have nice selections of black/white/grey, and everything just seems to fit me better than other brands.
Puma belts however seem to be made of lousy quality material and wear out and lose their color rather quick, and I hate the plastic-y squawk that Puma shoes make with every step when you walk.

Puma pants are amazing comfortable... My all time favorite pants are Walter Hagen though..most comfortable golf pants I have owned.

I find that Puma gives me everything that I look for in golf apparel. They have color if you want it, they have nice selections of black/white/grey, and everything just seems to fit me better than other brands.
Puma belts however seem to be made of lousy quality material and wear out and lose their color rather quick, and I hate the plastic-y squawk that Puma shoes make with every step when you walk.

This is good to know as I see some Puma pants in my future

I like Oakley shirts because they seem to fit a good bit more slim compared to most and I'm quite fond of Greg Norman shorts....not a fan of long inseams and they are just about perfect for me.

This is good to know as I see some Puma pants in my future

I have become a huge fan of the 5-Pocket Tech pants. I don't know what material they are made out of but they feel magical, they wick away moisture very well, your shirt stays tucked in, and they are a slim fit without being tight. One thing to note is that they don't have the little 'V' cutout at the bottom which I know some guys like and others don't.

I have become a huge fan of the 5-Pocket Tech pants. I don't know what material they are made out of but they feel magical, they wick away moisture very well, your shirt stays tucked in, and they are a slim fit without being tight. One thing to note is that they don't have the little 'V' cutout at the bottom which I know some guys like and others don't.

You're getting me excited dude

UA is probably my favorite shirt.
Nike for shorts. Used to like their shirt, until they went away from the old Dri-Fit and to a spandexy material.

UA is probably my favorite shirt.
Nike for shorts. Used to like their shirt, until they went away from the old Dri-Fit and to a spandexy material.

Good point. They did change it

I can tell you what brands I don't like. Nike, Adidas and UA I steer well clear of (only for golf apparel). I simply cannot stand the fit! The shirts have sleeves that are way too long and bodies that are way too baggy for me. I did try a pair of Adidas shorts that I bought online, they were awful. So baggy, it looked like I was wearing a skirt, so they went back.
I love my Galvin Green polo's, but they aren't readily available over here. I like the puma stuff too. I'm not brand loyal though. If I can find stuff with a fairly slim silhouette, I'll wear it.

Adidas pants. Great weight and fit.
Ben Hogan shorts (yeah, I buy my golf clothes from Wal-Mart!)
Shirts I have from sort of all over the place. So far haven't really established a clear #1 in terms of brand fondness. I shop for deals when it comes to shirts.

My shirts are usually UA or Puma, but after ordering a long sleeve Alial Fital shirt I may be adding some of their short sleeves to my collection. The only pants I wear are Nike because they are the only ones I can find that are long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really a clothing brat, but if I love the way Puma fits. I have a little of everything within my closet and it's usually whatever someone buys me.

Most of my golf wardrobe consists of Nike. I just love the way it fits, not to mention the quality. The pants are too pricey though. Those I usually go with the cheapest I can find. I also like the under armour polos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf Clothing- what is your favorite and why?

I really like Izod. That's probably because there is an outlet store in MB. I also have a lot of Alan Flusser pants, but that's probably because SteinMart has a lot of great sales.

I like Nike pants--have to buy them on sale though. Adidas shorts and shirts just seem to work well and you can find them at good prices if you look.

I like Nike pants--have to buy them on sale though. Adidas shorts and shirts just seem to work well and you can find them at good prices if you look.
I think I'm going to grab some Nike pants in the near future. Do you just order "your size" or should I be trying them on first?

I think I'm going to grab some Nike pants in the near future. Do you just order "your size" or should I be trying them on first?

I ordered my usual size. The only pair I have are the dri-fit modern tech pants. Not sure if different models run the same but I would order your normal size.

I'm much comfortable playing in shorts and a lite polo shirt if the weather is 70 or above. I have found that the IZOD sport waist band is so flexible and their shirt are really lite weight to match , Savanna also has great comfortable waist band in their golf wear. I find most of my clothes at my local Belk store or Dick's Sporting Goods.

No favorite, whatever is on clearance or a can't pass up price.

No favorite either. I do have some brands that I look at first. UA, Travis Matthew, Ashworth. But no one particular brand.

I really like the Adidas stuff. Fits me great and I really like the style of most of their stuff. One of the great things at least to me is they are constantly changing their inventory and you can find great deals on the clearance racks, 3 Balls.com, and Amazon.

I'm a Nike guy. Like the choices and styles usually. Fairly good quality. Though I do like some of the new stuff from Oakley, Under Armour, and Adidas.

I've become a big fan of Oakley shirts. They fit well, have some nice designs, and good deals can be had for <$30 online if you shop around a bit - which works for me as I refuse to pay $60 for a shirt. No known preference on pants/shorts and my pair of adidas golf shoes are pretty nice, although they are the only pair I've ever owned.

Back