Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review Thread

John, Freddie and you. You guys have been putting these clubs through a workout.

We work out a lot. It happens. We just break epoxy bonds like it's no big deal.

We work out a lot. It happens. We just break epoxy bonds like it's no big deal.

Lol! I was just about to post something along the lines of, stop being so boss with your game and maybe vibration dampener won't come flying off.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

So from the looks of it C-Taper Lites aren't a custom option for the pros. Would I be correct with that assumption?

So from the looks of it C-Taper Lites aren't a custom option for the pros. Would I be correct with that assumption?

It doesn't look like it is. Just the normal C-Tapers.

Fantastic Sim round with these beauties today. I am in love with the long irons

I have not been able to hit the X2hot yet but the more time I get with the Apex/Apex pro the more likely it becomes that these will be my next set of irons. They remind me of the i20's as far as how easy they are to hit and my hands are going to love me once I switch out my MP-53s. Also, as has been stated before, the Apex long irons are phenomenal. The long iron performance is a major selling point for me.

I have not been able to hit the X2hot yet but the more time I get with the Apex/Apex pro the more likely it becomes that these will be my next set of irons. They remind me of the i20's as far as how easy they are to hit and my hands are going to love me once I switch out my MP-53s. Also, as has been stated before, the Apex long irons are phenomenal. The long iron performance is a major selling point for me.

Your crushed the 3 iron. The elevate easily and have plenty of forgiveness--just like the i20s.

I am sooooo looking forward to trying these tomorrow and posts like these are not making it easy for me to sleep tonight!!!!

Your crushed the 3 iron. The elevate easily and have plenty of forgiveness--just like the i20s.

I've had a chance to play around with the mid irons a lot more and I'm really enjoying them. I was praying that the success I had with the 3-iron would translate to the rest of theset and it seems like it has.

These are amazing irons. Every time I get out to play, they do not disappoint. Seems the rubber dampener falling out may be an issue... it fell out of my 6i at some point... Callaway will promptly take care of me though

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am sooooo looking forward to trying these tomorrow and posts like these are not making it easy for me to sleep tonight!!!!

By the looks of your avatar you are an i20 fan. I would venture a guess and say that you will not at all be disappointed with the Apex line. Make sure to let us know your thoughts after you hit them.

I've had a chance to play around with the mid irons a lot more and I'm really enjoying them. I was praying that the success I had with the 3-iron would translate to the rest of theset and it seems like it has.

That is awesome to hear. You will be a beast with these in Myrtle. Are you thinking combo set?

Finally saw these in person today. These are beautiful!

That is awesome to hear. You will be a beast with these in Myrtle. Are you thinking combo set?

I'm still on the fence with the combo set but I'm leaning towards doing it. I need to spend some more time with them and go through a proper fitting. I won't go Apex Pro through my whole bag but there is still a chance that I just stick with the regular Apex throughout.

By the looks of your avatar you are an i20 fan. I would venture a guess and say that you will not at all be disappointed with the Apex line. Make sure to let us know your thoughts after you hit them.

I have i20 hybrids and irons and love them, my worry is the lofts being stronger and me having a 20 & 23* hybrids how I will work them in to a set. I'm having a fitting done by callaway which will be cool as all my fittings have been done by my pro who will also be present. I'll deffo come and give my thoughts.

Took these out again today, I had a so-so around with them. Eight greens, which wasn't awful considering the course just played very long and difficult.

Rubber insert came out of my pitching wedge though. Blaming all the poor shots on that

Took these out again today, I had a so-so around with them. Eight greens, which wasn't awful considering the course just played very long and difficult.

Rubber insert came out of my pitching wedge though. Blaming all the poor shots on that

Better or worse then the TM irons?

You're not the first person it's hapoened too. I think Freddie and another guy had the same issue. Let Cally know and they'll make it right.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Is there a big difference in feel when the rubber insert falls out? Being in Canada I know it will take callaway more then a couple days to get the irons back to me if I have to send them in to be fixed. None of mine have done this yet but just curious incase one does

I'm still on the fence with the combo set but I'm leaning towards doing it. I need to spend some more time with them and go through a proper fitting. I won't go Apex Pro through my whole bag but there is still a chance that I just stick with the regular Apex throughout.

Welcome to hit any of mine in Hilton Head.

Blows me away that with all of the R&D and testing that stuff like this happens! You would think they would have at least wondered if that piece was attached well enough to handle a few swings. Especially at $1100+

Better or worse then the TM irons?

Hard to compare a muscleback to these. I would be interested to compare the MC or CB's to it though with similar forgiveness and lofts.

You're not the first person it's hapoened too. I think Freddie and another guy had the same issue. Let Cally know and they'll make it right

Label is already ready, just waiting on a box to come in before it goes off to Carlsbad.

Is there a big difference in feel when the rubber insert falls out? Being in Canada I know it will take callaway more then a couple days to get the irons back to me if I have to send them in to be fixed. None of mine have done this yet but just curious incase one does

I felt a little more feedback in the hands/the sound was slightly different and thought something was odd. That's usually been my key to look down and check. I could just be weird, I'm not sure most would ever notice it unless they saw it was missing.

Blows me away that with all of the R&D and testing that stuff like this happens! You would think they would have at least wondered if that piece was attached well enough to handle a few swings. Especially at $1100+

Keep in mind, my set came 2 months before they were ever released. When I mentioned it, CS said they had some of their earlier sets have issues. They said the problem's been rectified, they just have some stragglers out there. It happened to my 6 and 8 iron earlier this year and once they fixed it, no further occurrences. Not a huge pain to send it back to be honest.

Finally got to hit these yesterday at Club Champion for a full bag fitting. Such a great looking a feeling iron. If I were playing more often I'd have jumped on these in a heartbeat. Everything I hoped they'd be, but not quite forgiving enough for my swing at present. I lost too much on off center hits, but man did the center shots feel fantastic and jump. Great feel. If I could hit the sweet spot more often these would be great for me, but I decided to leave the ego at the door and went with something a little more forgiving. Those of you who can handle these are certainly lucky to have them in the bag.

Keep in mind, my set came 2 months before they were ever released. When I mentioned it, CS said they had some of their earlier sets have issues. They said the problem's been rectified, they just have some stragglers out there. It happened to my 6 and 8 iron earlier this year and once they fixed it, no further occurrences. Not a huge pain to send it back to be honest.

Makes sense. Great to hear! Thanks.

These have been reshafted with KBS tour stiff+ and it's like night and day. The Tour Vs are great shafts just not for me. The difference was like night and day. The trajectory is mid/high for me, long and tight. I was really surprised there was such a difference for me.

These shafts gave me back my 4 iron and my 5 iron from the fairway. No tweaks and I was flagging the pins. Three shots stand out, a 5 iron from 196 that I though feel short so I pumped it up a bit on the second. The first was 12' short of the flag and the other 17' beyond.

An 8 iron from 167 to 15' right of the flag. Moved to 150 and hit a low arms only swing that hit the front of the green and rolled to 12' behind the flag.

An easy PW from 137 to 15' left and long of flag. Dropped another and armed it to the front of the green maybe 12' short of flag.

Then on final shot, 150 9 iron to 12' short of flag. Non of the swings were hard, just stock swings and the results were right in front of me.

Back