THP UK Summer Cup 2014

I played Burnham and Berrow last weekend...lovely links course in the West Country (currently known as the Wet Country) and took a NINE on the par 3 17th...Very nearly started smoking again there and then! So - impossible to upset me now!

Just had a quick look at the website and scorecard - so your 9 on the 17th was 20yds a shot then (assuming you played from the yellow tees...)

From the pics it reminds me of a weekend I had over in Ireland when we played at Portmarnock, but I haven't played a proper links course for years

I played Burnham and Berrow last weekend...lovely links course in the West Country (currently known as the Wet Country) and took a NINE on the par 3 17th...Very nearly started smoking again there and then! So - impossible to upset me now!

You should be glad that the courses are playable.. I would be thrilled to have the possibilty to score a nine on a course nearby! :)

I'm posting notice, I have added a new shot to my arsenal, I believe its called a shank and it pretty much ruins your scoring chances on any hole.
I'm hoping it was just a one round blip, i'm in serious training to prise the cup from Stu's sticky little fingers

Just had a quick look at the website and scorecard - so your 9 on the 17th was 20yds a shot then (assuming you played from the yellow tees...)

From the pics it reminds me of a weekend I had over in Ireland when we played at Portmarnock, but I haven't played a proper links course for years

Sadly true. Bear in mind my first was 180 yards....and the story gets worse.

Pot bunker taller than me!

BUT bear in mind, I got out first time!

the rest....is between my therapist and me.....

I'm posting notice, I have added a new shot to my arsenal, I believe its called a shank and it pretty much ruins your scoring chances on any hole.
I'm hoping it was just a one round blip, i'm in serious training to prise the cup from Stu's sticky little fingers

See you...shanker!

Nah Ian, just a blip, you will be fine. I don't think I will be your competition this year...I have a few ideas who the favourites will be, and I will share them, along with the format as we get nearer the date.....

You can count me out of the favourites. It's the same as last year for me, I'm there for the trip, to talk some rubbish, walk round some nice golf courses and chase after a ball in between.
Surely Shark St Moritz has low odds at this time?

Absolutely superb uptake this time round - so good to see these meets really kicking off in the UK and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new faces, as well as catching up with the old.

A stella effort getting this arranged Stu - well done mate!

Absolutely superb uptake this time round - so good to see these meets really kicking off in the UK and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new faces, as well as catching up with the old.

A stella effort getting this arranged Stu - well done mate!

I agree, and hopefully it will only continue to grow

You can count me out of the favourites. It's the same as last year for me, I'm there for the trip, to talk some rubbish, walk round some nice golf courses and chase after a ball in between.
Surely Shark St Moritz has low odds at this time?

Was out with the Shark this morning - he is getting a little worried as to whether he can afford golf. He seems to be going through a lot of balls!! But...when he is on. He is on.

Anyroad - we have another new entrant - Canny Carl. A mean, hard-eyed man of experience by all accounts. In my golfing life, I have learned to fear these steely-eyed hardmen - never long, always straight, quick with a bit of banter and a joke - LETHAL putters inside 8 feet. Beware!

First Post Amended.

Makes me feel a bit better now after messing up on the 18th :banghead:

I may or may not be considered in the list of favourites by Stu, but I am hoping that I can get enough practice in prior to the event to have a shot of matching my 3rd place last year at The Belfry - not counting Belton Woods as obviously I was only there for the one day

Not going to give any of my preparation secrets away, but I already have a distinct plan in my head of how to play the courses despite never having seen them :alien:

Makes me feel a bit better now after messing up on the 18th :banghead:

Mizuno Blue is being modest. A VERY tough course - particularly for us folk that have two digits in our handicaps. On the 18th Tee - unbeknownst to him, Mizuno was leading a very good field in net terms - having played the course very competently.

For some reason (some idiot making an nonsense of 17 may have contributed) groups were stacking up on 18. MiZ B - hits a wild one off the tee....wisely, he hits a provo. This one is wild - the other way. Miz feels that heat rising under the collar and elects to walk off the tee. Neither ball found..NR on 18 from the lead!

So Mizuno Blue

1. You are a muppet.
2. You are - it would seem - also a bandit
3. Perhaps most importantly - El Bandito most definitely owes you the first beer of Sunday night...

Seriously mate - by all accounts you played some cracking golf down there. Well Done!

I may or may not be considered in the list of favourites by Stu, but I am hoping that I can get enough practice in prior to the event to have a shot of matching my 3rd place last year at The Belfry - not counting Belton Woods as obviously I was only there for the one day

Not going to give any of my preparation secrets away, but I already have a distinct plan in my head of how to play the courses despite never having seen them :alien:

With the event still a few months away - and the field still not complete (surely we must be able to pick up a few more????) - probably a little early to be making plans Doc or picking favourites...

There is a lot of golf to be played between now and then! Mizuno Blue is (according to reliable sources) nailed on for a cut once it stops raining, we have some Dark horses from Scandinavia, Shark St Moritz's winter eclectic is TWO over GROSS - and then subtract a handicap of 27!!!!!, and there are plenty of people whom I haven't seen play since the last cup. Your handicap I note is a little lower than it used to be my canny lad....

With the event still a few months away - and the field still not complete (surely we must be able to pick up a few more????) - probably a little early to be making plans Doc or picking favourites...

There is a lot of golf to be played between now and then! Mizuno Blue is (according to reliable sources) nailed on for a cut once it stops raining, we have some Dark horses from Scandinavia, Shark St Moritz's winter eclectic is TWO over GROSS - and then subtract a handicap of 27!!!!!, and there are plenty of people whom I haven't seen play since the last cup. Your handicap I note is a little lower than it used to be my canny lad....

It is called playing mind games....I am going to turn up and shoot triple figure rounds for a grand total of nil points and fool the lot of ya :D

It is called playing mind games....I am going to turn up and shoot triple figure rounds for a grand total of nil points and fool the lot of ya :D

Fair proportion of the field are pretty mindless - certainly me and Mav are...so there is a flaw in your cunning plan....

Fair proportion of the field are pretty mindless - certainly me and Mav are...so there is a flaw in your cunning plan....

I blame the Jager!

I blame the Jager!

You should blame the amount of Jäger! A small (roughly a 2 cl shot) will make you smarter for a while.. But after that it´s all downhill from there... :)
*Empirical studies have been made by yours truly!*

You can certainly count me out of the favourites at the moment - short game has left me completely. Thinning anything within 70 yards.
At least being 6'6" means I can soak up the Jager - maybe I have an advantage there! :D

You can certainly count me out of the favourites at the moment - short game has left me completely. Thinning anything within 70 yards.
At least being 6'6" means I can soak up the Jager - maybe I have an advantage there! :D

6'6"???? Is that legal? Certainly fineable....but as all will learn and some can attest - pretty much anything is fineable......:devil:

6'6"???? Is that legal? Certainly fineable....but as all will learn and some can attest - pretty much anything is fineable......:devil:

It is true absolutely anything is fineable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These fines you lads are talking about... What might them consist of?
/ Almdudler

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

These fines you lads are talking about... What might them consist of?
/ Almdudler

Generally it equates to a bucketful of jäger!!

Generally it equates to a bucketful of jäger!!

That puts me at ease..
Isn't that really a reward?! ;)

It is true absolutely anything is fineable!!

Astonished that you remember anything after the 5th fine.....:drinks:

Astonished that you remember anything after the 5th fine.....:drinks:

From memory good golf seems to carry the most fines! I've therefore usually escaped fine free!! Looks like you've got a Great crowd getting together, have a blast boys!

Back