THP UK Summer Cup 2014

From memory good golf seems to carry the most fines! I've therefore usually escaped fine free!! Looks like you've got a Great crowd getting together, have a blast boys!
David. Make sure that you and David get to gather for a pint on Sunday night. We have a few non-drinkers on the trip. They can nominate you two or Geo - as fine pinch hitters. This has multiple advantages - not least of which is we don't have to pay for the drinks!

Buying the drinks is THE most expensive part of the trip!! Getting very jealous

Buying the drinks is THE most expensive part of the trip!! Getting very jealous

Anniversary trip to beautiful Chepstow....a little relaxing in the Spa..perhaps taking in a stopover in a Designer Outlet shopping village on the way home...You can sell it Crag...yes you can....yes you can....:alien:

Listen - I am now 24 days Smoke Free - and if that is possible - ANYTHING is possible:banana:

David. Make sure that you and David get to gather for a pint on Sunday night. We have a few non-drinkers on the trip. They can nominate you two or Geo - as fine pinch hitters. This has multiple advantages - not least of which is we don't have to pay for the drinks!

As one of the non-drinkers, I will be keeping an eye on the days play to decide who I nominate for any fines that Stu attempts to put on me :devil:

6'6"???? Is that legal? Certainly fineable....but as all will learn and some can attest - pretty much anything is fineable......:devil:

You gonna have your high heels then Stu in case you end up stood between us tall folks?

It is true absolutely anything is fineable!!

As Geo found out to his cost when he showed up and showed off his skills on the golf course :D

For Pity's sake! Somebody sign up! There is only so much of this conference that I can take!

"and thank you for that interesting talk on SEPA, the Single European Payments Area"

believe you me there is absolutely nothing interesting about SEPA....

Would love to get to 20 players, 5 4-balls. So, we need two of you to drag a playing partner along for some golf and a great laugh...

Last edited:
Me Again!

i will soon be signing a contract for the venue, and therefore looking for deposits. No panic, I'll put together a post when I need it.

i can't help myself, so pushed them for a better deal.:beat-up:

1. Wine ordered for the table at dinner will attract a 20% discount. I will try to get that turned into 20% on all drinks???but give me time.
2. As organiser, I get my place free. Hooray! No intention of taking that, so will put those funds into prizes and kitty generally.

2 more please !

Me Again!

i will soon be signing a contract for the venue, and therefore looking for deposits. No panic, I'll put together a post when I need it.

1. Wine ordered for the table at dinner will attract a 20% discount. I will try to get that turned into 20% on all drinks???but give me time.
2. As organiser, I get my place free. Hooray! No intention of taking that, so will put those funds into prizes and kitty generally.

2 more please !

That is awesome!
And surely there should be someone left that hasn't signed up yet? Perhaps an American vacationer or something?
"All roads leads to Wales.."

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Me Again!

2 more please !

I taught him everything he knows :bananadance:

Joking aside - brilliant deal mate. Job well done. Looking forward to this one :)

Come on guys, what an amazing deal plus even better fun with a bunch of great guys!! Sign up sign up!!

Assuming that there are still a couple of spots available?

Gentle nudge back to the top for any UK members who haven't already seen the thread
Any European or International members who would like to join us

I have my time off booked, am I too early in getting excited about this??? ha ha

I'm excited and I can't make it! You guys are going to have an awesome time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that there are still a couple of spots available?

Gentle nudge back to the top for any UK members who haven't already seen the thread
Any European or International members who would like to join us

I have my time off booked, am I too early in getting excited about this??? ha ha

Yep - still have a couple of spots guaranteed - although I will get my hand forced soon.....

Bumping up this thread.. A couple of spots are available still but the opportunity is closing fast on perhaps the craziest golf adventure in Europe this summer!
Book a flight, flirt with a flight attendant for free miles or simply take the bicycle and come hangout!

I spoke to a wizard or somekind of "weatherguru" yesterday that said that there will be incredibly good weather in Wales this summer! :act-up:

Bumping up this thread.. A couple of spots are available still but the opportunity is closing fast on perhaps the craziest golf adventure in Europe this summer!
Book a flight, flirt with a flight attendant for free miles or simply take the bicycle and come hangout!

I spoke to a wizard or somekind of "weatherguru" yesterday that said that there will be incredibly good weather in Wales this summer! :act-up:

Looks like our Swedish resident is bringing the crazy :alien:

Hey Stu,
Whats the latest update on the event?
How's Dirk playing?

Looks like our Swedish resident is bringing the crazy :alien:

On course the crazy is.. ;)
pu4yjy6a.jpg

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

I don't know how Dirk is playing, but I managed a round of 92 on Saturday....first round of the year in less than ideal conditions so not too shabby with a new driver and putter out on the course for the first time

Hopefully after we get back from Spain next week I will be able to get some cards handed in for my first official handicap.....hmmmmm, should I play bad so I can bump my handicap a bit..... :D

Evening all! Apologies..all sorts of life bits getting in the way. Did I mention I quit smoking 38 days ago?
Dirko and I fought it out for the wooden spoon in the monthly medal last weekend...a sorry display by both. I am using the "new bats" excuse...signature to be updated soon!

The hotel will chase me up this week, so early next week I will come looking for deposits/payments and will publish guidelines etc...

have a last go at whipping some mates along!

I don't know how Dirk is playing, but I managed a round of 92 on Saturday....first round of the year in less than ideal conditions so not too shabby with a new driver and putter out on the course for the first time

Hopefully after we get back from Spain next week I will be able to get some cards handed in for my first official handicap.....hmmmmm, should I play bad so I can bump my handicap a bit..... :D

i might let you go up from 4 to 6......

Nice one, where did you get a membership?
I'm looking forward to seeing you hit the Classic

Nice one, where did you get a membership?
I'm looking forward to seeing you hit the Classic

Took advantage of a December special offer and joined Knotty Hill - you pay a one-time joining fee and pay reduced rates when you play, so considering I don't get to play as often as some folks it made sense rather than forking out £600 (or whatever) and then not getting my moneys worth. In fact, even if I was to play every week for 7 months of the year it would still work out cheaper than a lot of clubs annual membership fees

It is a cheap and cheerful place, but has a good range of facilities for practice and a total of 49 holes (2 x 18, 1 x 13) so plenty of space to play

Only hit the classic a couple times on the course as still getting comfortable with it, but hoping it can be as much of a bomber as my 3W :D

Now then chaps - I am - in a couple of hours, taking the Mrs out for Dinner and Theatre in London's WestEnd for her birthday (need to bank brownie points for golf trips:D)
I am planning on posting an update here tomorrow - and start demanding your money...so standby!

(Still a couple of spaces available)

Good afternoon one and all!

Firstly - some disappointing news. The mighty Mav's wrist injury has re-occurred and he is unable to play. Now - usually, I would throw in at least 8 one-liners about a wrist injury
:clown: however - I hear from Chris that this one may in fact prevent him from ever playing golf again.:bomb:

So - rather than one liners I'll just say - best of luck with the Docs mate - hopefully this is not the end of your golfing...fingers crossed.

Now then - Mav's withdrawal leaves us with 17 players.

Room allocations are below - and these have been given to the hotel. If you want to chop and change - that is absolutely fine by me - sort yourselves out. Mizuno Blue is a snorer and a considerate man and has hence taken a single. I snore like a Buffalo but don't care.:act-up: - so I'm in with Sam. Room numbers are indicative only!

Room 1 Baileys and Ice - The Newtons
Room 2 El Jefe Williams and Nick
Room 3 Strawboater and Canny Carl
Room 4 Almdudler and Lina
Room 5 The Doctor and Preston
Room 6 Will_I_Dream and Big Macclarron
Room 7 The Dane and Shark St Moritz
Room 8 Sam 'The Outfit' Guest and El Bandito
Room 9 Mizuno Blue

The bad news - you need to pay!

It is completely up to you - the total I require from you is £125. The deposit is £50 (non refundable) - with the balance payable 10 days before the event. You can pay deposit or the whole lot or anything in-between. Its up to you. The money is going into a special bank account that I have set up - (to prevent me drinking your money!)

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address in it. I will then email you the account details.

Once the money is in - I will start posting little details like the competition format, the teams, the order of play etc....
:clapp:

So - the St Pierre Sizzler is a go!!!!!!

Mav, this is terrible news indeed. Fingers crossed for you buddy and it all gets sorted out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, fingers crossed for Mav, can't imagine how the prospect of potentially giving up would feel :(
Hopefully won't come to that.

Back