Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody have their schedules blocked for 1 pm today? Looks like a lot of interest for the Ocean City event so we will have to be quick on the e-mails to Morgan. I am hoping we can get a great Western New York representation at both Ocean City and Indy.

Once we know who got in, we can start discussing potential carpools/ hotel accomodations and when everyone would be going down.

Good luck this afternoon!!

Good luck all. Going to make a big push for my pops to get in!!

Has anyone looked at accommodations? I'm trying to wrap my head around how much this will be total before I pull the trigger.

Has anyone looked at accommodations? I'm trying to wrap my head around how much this will be total before I pull the trigger.

I'd post that in the event thread, I'm sure someone looked at it, in fact I think I saw talks about renting a house and/or hotels

I'd post that in the event thread, I'm sure someone looked at it, in fact I think I saw talks about renting a house and/or hotels

Yeah I asked in the thread but it was just generic answers like if you stay 20 minutes outside of the area its cheaper.

Yeah I asked in the thread but it was just generic answers like if you stay 20 minutes outside of the area its cheaper.
ah, ok I must have missed that.

I think I saw a post about someone renting a room for about 170$

Lots of great talk in here today guys! I love that we're getting the ball rolling early.

Aaron and I were talking a bit tonight and we came up with an idea, would love to see how much interest it would gage. We were thinking this year for the Ryder Cup we get an early morning round in somewhere and then head back to someone's place (whoever would want to host) for a BBQ cookout and catch the final round of the Ryder Cup together. Thoughts on that??
I LOVE this idea.

You hosting if we don't go over the boarder? :alien:
Is it September 23-28? That's the same weekend of the THP Bridgestone Championship at PGA National--which I really want to go to.

Is it September 23-28? That's the same weekend of the THP Bridgestone Championship at PGA National--which I really want to go to.

oh yeah I forgot about that, and since i'll win in OC ;)

Lots of great talk in here today guys! I love that we're getting the ball rolling early.

Aaron and I were talking a bit tonight and we came up with an idea, would love to see how much interest it would gage. We were thinking this year for the Ryder Cup we get an early morning round in somewhere and then head back to someone's place (whoever would want to host) for a BBQ cookout and catch the final round of the Ryder Cup together. Thoughts on that??

Have to give credit to Jimmy for this idea - I think the only thing I threw in on the conversation was the morning round.

That being said - considering the snow outside, I am not sure I am ready to talk about September already. :)

But this is fantastic idea!

Oh man.. We will just all have to get into the Bridgestone Championship and have a BBQ down there. :)

What was actually said was that it would be planned once we knew who was coming.
The reason is the lodging is all over the map. From $89 a night (less if you split it with someone) for 30 minutes away to $269 for right next door. Its hard to give someone "a place" without knowing their budget, if they are coming or if they are even going to try. Right now I am looking at 3 places for me personally and they range from $119 to $139 and all get decent reviews online. They are about 20 miles away.

What was actually said was that it would be planned once we knew who was coming.
The reason is the lodging is all over the map. From $89 a night (less if you split it with someone) for 30 minutes away to $269 for right next door. Its hard to give someone "a place" without knowing their budget, if they are coming or if they are even going to try. Right now I am looking at 3 places for me personally and they range from $119 to $139 and all get decent reviews online. They are about 20 miles away.

JB..........I think I can speak for everyone,if we get in we'd drive 100 miles that morning to be a part of it!

Thanks JB, that gives me an idea of what to expect.

Congrats everyone, I think everyone on here that wanted to go got in. I purposely observed the OC thread and pretended like I was going to sign up to see how it actually happens, I'm shooting for the Indy event.

Congrats to all that made it!

Well I am an Albatross member now and apparently been upgraded from "amateur" forum status as well lol.

Well I am an Albatross member now and apparently been upgraded from "amateur" forum status as well lol.

haha you will not regret the albatross fee

haha you will not regret the albatross fee

No regrets, I am sure I will be involved in $35 worth of THP-ness(?) this year lol

Thanks Allan. Did you go for it? Didn't see you on the thread.

I did Andy but as luck has it I won't be joining all of you.Didn't even make the waiting list. You'll have fun with all and I'll be playing with all of you well before then. Hope this weather breaks,getting bored with the dome!

Congrats!

I did Andy but as luck has it I won't be joining all of you.Didn't even make the waiting list. You'll have fun with all and I'll be playing with all of you well before then. Hope this weather breaks,getting bored with the dome!

Im a bit confused Buck. Everybody that enters gets either in or on the waiting list. Are you sure you sent your email to the correct address? Did you get a response back from GolferGal? She responds to EVERY single person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back