How many balls do you get through in a season/year, and why?

Probably around 100 balls/year.

I usually go through 2 or 3 balls per round. I'm very good at losing them, sometimes even in plain site. I've lost 8 or 9 balls in a round before. It got much better at the end of last season, and I have good plans for bit losing as many balls this coming year.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I suppose I lose average 3 per round for about 50 rounds. Probably 12+ dozen then. That's a lot of golf balls!
Good thing I find a lot too and my father-in-law has egg cartons full in his basement whenever I need some.

Im gonna say maybe 7 dozen for 40-50 rounds +/-1 dozen depending on rough days or great days

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm shocked that many of the replies are less than a sleeve of balls a round. I guess that totally depends on the type of courses you play and the placement of the OB/Water hazards but that number seems really low.

When the balls always in the fairway or on the green it's easy to find! :alien: Honestly though, not sure why, but the courses I play I don't normally lose balls. I can carry all the water and I lay up short of the streams I can't carry. I usually play irons off the tee if it's narrow and I don't normally hit those very far offline. And, well, I get lucky when looking for my ball I hit offline.

Last year I purchased 7 dozen TP5's at $17.99 a dozen. It was a good deal so I purchased all they had. I still have 4 dozen left and gave a dozen to my brother. I only played 15 rounds though (busy year). So 2 dozen / 15 rounds = 1.6 balls per round.

I really don't have a clue...at least a few dozen. I've played a ball for 54 holes, and lost a new one on the first shot. Even if you average only one ball per round, and play twice a week, plus a few extra rounds, that could add up to 120 balls....10 dozen. And I'd say that's playing pretty well. :D

And, well, I get lucky when looking for my ball I hit offline.

This is key for me, how many people do you play with who know immediately they've hit a wild one, turn around in disgust and then ask you 'where did it go'!! I think if everyone kept their eyes on the flight, even those well off-line, they wouldn't lose as many balls.

Never knew the answer to this until last year. I bought 8 dozen balls last Feb. Played them all year and when they got scuffed, I put them aside for winter rounds. Still have about 15 or so. 12 unused. Played about 70 rounds.

It all depends on where I'm playing. At my local muni. I can go for a couple of weeks on a single sleeve. Get me out on a tougher course I can lose a sleeve in a single hole.
I rarely retire a ball due to scrapes and scuffs. They usually just leave me in their quest to find a new owner.

I think all of mine eventually get lost. Usually 2 dozen will get me through a season. I only retire one if its severely cut or scuffed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A lot.....

I don't lose many but I also don't really look too hard for them if I know I am taking a penalty stroke anyway. It seems like I will loose 1 maybe 2 and then have that one hole where I blow up and just fire 4 tee shots into the bush.

I gave up on spending money to send golf balls back to nature and have started just bulk buying them lightly used off of ebay. I have a big carboard box in my garage full of a few hundred Callaway Hex Hot balls in pretty pristine condition that I reload from as needed.

It all depends on where I'm playing. At my local muni. I can go for a couple of weeks on a single sleeve. Get me out on a tougher course I can lose a sleeve in a single hole.
I rarely retire a ball due to scrapes and scuffs. They usually just leave me in their quest to find a new owner.

This is true. I played 3 rounds of desert golf with 2 golf balls last year. Get me back home in the mud and trees and good luck....

Well, there are days I play the same ball for the whole round, even play another round with same ball on a different day. Then there are days I go through a sleeve... on average id say 1 or two balls a round. If scuffed up they go in the practice bin

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Well, there are days I play the same ball for the whole round, even play another round with same ball on a different day. Then there are days I go through a sleeve... on average id say 1 or two balls a round. If scuffed up they go in the practice bin

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's a good day for me. If I can play a ball for a round or 2 I believe that's good. Than you have the days that you can go through a few depending on how it goes

I'd guess four or five dozen a year. I play a lot and I'll play a ball until it is worn pretty bad. Then they become shag balls.

I have no idea, several dozens...maybe 100 - 250 balls :) Because of this, I might have to count this year!

I usually play a ball a round if I don't lose them. I'd say go through 2 to 3 dozen balls a year

And here I thought one dozen balls was going to be enough for the year. Maybe not! I definitely plan on using the cheap balls when I see water or other signs I might lose my ball!

I play until I lose one or until it's pretty scuffed up. Having said that I usually lose one or two a round so I would say 3-4 dozen a year. I typically get 3-4 dozen a year for birthday and Christmas presents. That makes it a wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here I thought one dozen balls was going to be enough for the year. Maybe not! I definitely plan on using the cheap balls when I see water or other signs I might lose my ball!

If you change a ball on a tee because theirs water, doesn't that mentally plant the wrong seeds? I'd rather flip that scenario and be mentally confident telling that water it ain't havin' my bawl...

This is key for me, how many people do you play with who know immediately they've hit a wild one, turn around in disgust and then ask you 'where did it go'!! I think if everyone kept their eyes on the flight, even those well off-line, they wouldn't lose as many balls.

I've been guilty of this. Feel it come off the face bad, and look away in disgust, only to figure out I need to find the thing. not good.

I'd say about 200 for a year (150+ rounds and a lot of practicing).

I want balls to be much cheaper ;)

I pretty much play mine til they are either lost or scuffed up pretty badly.

Its usually lost before its beat up beyond playability

My thoughts exactly, Normally finds the drink before it's cut up.

Doing some quick maths in my head, 40 to 50 playing once a week.

Back