Predict my score: first round in 30 years

Predict my score: first round in 30 years

• Total voters
114 is my guess, but I really think you'll do better :D

I'm going to guess 109. Good luck!

114 is my guess, but I really think you'll do better :D

114 would be a bit worse than double bogey average, which wouldn't be terrible. I hope you are right and I can beat that, but I don't know if I would be too upset with 140, tbh. At least I'd have a lot of room for improvement!

Hi Scott. I haven't actually been to a real range since Reagan was in office. But I have been getting a little better hitting off a mat in my indoor range. Starting to actually get a feel for my swing, and I can tell when I am shifting my weight too quickly. Using Almost Golf balls, hitting about 75 balls per day. Just hit about 90 at lunch today (I work from home), so I am getting some serious range time in. But, not the same thing. I know.

Haha....I do miss the 80's! I would get to a real range for a couple of sessions and hit live golf balls to guage how your doing.....Im going to say 110....I think if it comes back you will go under that....good luck!

Haha....I do miss the 80's! I would get to a real range for a couple of sessions and hit live golf balls to guage how your doing.....Im going to say 110....I think if it comes back you will go under that....good luck!

Thanks! Has it really been that long? Time flies! Definitely planning on putting in 3 or 4 real range sessions, if not more, because I cannot see the actual ball flight right now to know what is happening. I actually thought I had a window to do it last weekend, but things didn't work out as planned. Also ordering Tom Watson's DVD, so that has to be good for a few strokes, right? lol

124 because those are my favorite numbers. I hope you consider moving up a tee box and not punish yourself with 6500 yards.

122 with some good shots to build on.

124 because those are my favorite numbers. I hope you consider moving up a tee box and not punish yourself with 6500 yards.

Definitely. Going to move up to the 6150 tees.

I voted 100-109 but I hope that you have fun and score better than the goal that you set for yourself. Take a 12-pack just in case the round gets ugly...

121 if you count em all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will. No gimmies. No mulligans. Going to pretend I am playing in a tournament!

I voted 100-109 but I hope that you have fun and score better than the goal that you set for yourself. Take a 12-pack just in case the round gets ugly...

Solid advice, but remember this IS Colorado. lol

Solid advice, but remember this IS Colorado. lol

Hahaha...well, in that case, take a fat one??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hahaha...well, in that case, take a fat one??

I am just thinking how dangerous that could be! Not for me. Just thinking of the safety of others!

105. You can do it!

If you count every stroke and play by the books on penalties, obs, stuff of that nature I am going with 124.

If you count every stroke and play by the books on penalties, obs, stuff of that nature I am going with 124.

That is the only way to do it! Thanks for your input.

You've failed to tell us your old handicap or what your average scores were all that time ago which makes it even harder to guess. I'm gonna say you shoot 110+

You've failed to tell us your old handicap or what your average scores were all that time ago which makes it even harder to guess. I'm gonna say you shoot 110+

I really never had a hdc, so no idea. I am going to guess that maybe I shot 110, but it was a long time ago. Let's just say this. I wasn't any good.

Hmm I was going to vote 101 because I'm generous and you're gaming eye2's. But that last comment just cost you 25 strokes. I'm going for 126 as you haven't had any real driving range time yet, just told us you "weren't any good" and it's 54 over par and that seems a good number to me. (sorry!)

Hmm I was going to vote 101 because I'm generous and you're gaming eye2's. But that last comment just cost you 25 strokes. I'm going for 126 as you haven't had any real driving range time yet, just told us you "weren't any good" and it's 54 over par and that seems a good number to me. (sorry!)

No worries. You need to go with your gut! I will say this. Until this year I never dedicated the time to learning golf. I have probably hit more balls, with a plan, in the last two weeks than I have in my life. So I am putting in the time. I don't think my past performance is a good indication of what is to come!

I know of a scratch golfer that stopped playing for 20 years after his son was born...He as going to try and turn pro but could not take the chance since he had obligations.
after his son had grown friends who had begged him for years to play finally agreed to play 1 time if they left him alone, In 20 years he had only swung the club a few times and had not hit a ball...Went out and shot a 71........And NOOOOO it was not me, So I have seen people do strange things after taking long peroids of time off. Now unlike him you were not at that level HOWEVER I see a 92 in your triumphant return....The name is Squiddy and you can thank me later

Back