little help on the swing please

colby10

Reaction score
Handicap
Solid foundation to work with. I know what I see, but I may be really off base. Freddie will come in and set you straight. But what I see, you should work on quieting your hips on the back swing. Work to get the feeling that your left shoulder is coming under your chin and towards your right foot. Start your downswing with a bump to the left and keep your left arm closer to your chest coming down, this is the move that I use to keep from coming over the top.

Coby thanks for posting your videos. You like so many others have a great upper body swing and the hips are activated late. Is this an issue, yes and no. If you happen to come up and out of your swing you're going to get a high right. If the timing is off you'll get a quick hook with your over the top move. But if your timing is right you will get some nice strong shots.

The thing is timing is never the same with amateur golfers unless you have grooved the move. A ten year break is great because the habits aren't ingrained. So I would like you to keep you setup and grip (very nice) and work on slowing your upper body swing just a bit. Try to swing at 80% with the same aggressive move you have into the ball. As you start you down swing I want you to pull that left hip off the line or sit into that left butt check once you get to the top. Either move will get the hip activated.

By introducing the left hip you will gain certain consistency in your swing. You will add power and distance.

Guys thx for the helpful insight. Tadashi u nailed it on the head with missing pull hook or high push fade. Tadashi is there any video of the explanation ur trying to get across? I'm more of a person who needs to see what ur saying. Thx for the help guys.

I love that you posted this, those are my jamas..lol

If that video doesn't help I can get one for you in the next couple of days

I love that you posted this, those are my jamas..lol

That video was the first thing that popped into my mind as I read Colby's post.

Getting to see the kiddo's is just a bonus!

JM

Back