Thought I was going to see something fun Monday night.

Guy in my league goes 300-300 the first two games. However, 1st ball in the 3rd game was a wrap 10. Ended up shooting 237 the last game.

Oh and I saw the same guy shoot 888 in New Jersey at a tournament. 300-300-288. He threw the front 33 strikes and then went 9/ 9. Single handedly the most impressive thing I've ever witnessed. He's physically the most gifted bowler I have ever watched in person. He just doesn't have the right crowd around him to influence him in the way he should. There is no doubt in my mind that he could be successful on the PBA Tour.

Brian Halstrom that used to bowl in the bowlingball.com videos was nicknamed Mr 889. Went 300-300-289. Of all the things he could leave it was a 2 pin that cost him. Came in a little light and left the 2 pin in the tenth. I went back to back 300's twice while practicing in highschool, but never managed to do it in league. It is definitely something special to watch someone that locked in.

I play golf with a great kid from Indiana that not only happens to be a great young golfer, he is a even better bowler. Here is a google search of him; http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1076&bih=466&q=ej tackett&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw He is a senior at our local high school. He and his family are members at my home course.

I ask him this very question last summer and he said it is about the same for him at both sports. I bowled a lot in my younger days but haven't played in twenty years I would guess. Bowling was much harder for me I know.

Randomly reading this thread for no good reason (worst bowler EVER) and had a good laugh at this.

Clicked the link and the first thing I see is that kid won PBA Rookie of the Year for the 12'-13' season. Wasn't expecting that!

That's pretty damn sick!!

What's that guy packing for average??

On average... right at 240.

When he was in youth, they had a youth/PBA tourney and I saw him shoot 299 and 279 against Walter Ray and Parker Bohn.

If he wanted to explore really focusing on tournament bowling, there is no doubt he would be quickly well known. Supremely talented.

Brian Halstrom that used to bowl in the bowlingball.com videos was nicknamed Mr 889. Went 300-300-289. Of all the things he could leave it was a 2 pin that cost him. Came in a little light and left the 2 pin in the tenth. I went back to back 300's twice while practicing in highschool, but never managed to do it in league. It is definitely something special to watch someone that locked in.

It was silly... second time I had seen him do it. The first 24 he threw were dead nut in the pocket. Not one light, not one trip 4, etc..

One of my proudest bowling moments was when a team of my close buddies broke the City record for scratch series. That record still stands today.

2945 - 4 man team - total scratch pin fall.

The five man team scratch record is 3427, so we would have demolished that had we had a 5th.

Not if I was the 5th. :sly:

I had a 185 279. 215 I left a 7 pin in the 279 in the sixth

Well the high school bowling season is over, so we actually have some oil.

And it shows. I bowled 3 nights this week between subbing and my regular league. Last Thursday I shot 696, then this week shot 604 in a sport league, then 714 Wednesday and 704 last night.

A guy in the sport league I used to bowl in shot 837 on sport last night. If you've never bowled in a sport league, you have no idea how absolutely amazing that is.

Well a heck of a night. Was dropping the ball the 1st & into the 2nd game. Kept adding tape to thumb hole finally got it right then after a couple of frames thumb swelled & stuck. Almost went with ball, it went half way down landing on the edge of the gutter, finally bouncing around & into it. Put a gaulge in it & thumb is chewed up.
221 168 225 604

Well a heck of a night. Was dropping the ball the 1st & into the 2nd game. Kept adding tape to thumb hole finally got it right then after a couple of frames thumb swelled & stuck. Almost went with ball, it went half way down landing on the edge of the gutter, finally bouncing around & into it. Put a gaulge in it & thumb is chewed up.
221 168 225 604

Shot put bowling works for you Bulldog!

From the mini-computer!

My rt thumb is bout a 1/2 longer & bigger around.

I bowled saturday..138 and 171...I'm awesome

Oh.. There's also slow play in bowling...gawd some of theses guys take forever & most are below 170 averages..Why are you just standing there? !!! Uhhggg :banghead:

I bowled saturday..138 and 171...I'm awesome
I carry a 205 average; and my first game every week is in that range (until the beer kicks in).

What a night wow. Lanes were super dry. Screwed up a great first game with three gutter balls after 5 strikes and a spare... Derp. Managed a 186

After that I couldn't keep up with the transition of the lanes, by the end of the night I was hooking my Power Grove reactive more then my Nano, and was still over hooking it.

Super dry lanes. We even had some lefties and the right part of the lane was just dry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Well....hmmm....threw a 179-146-214 : 539. Lost 3 out of 4 tonight. Other team bowled out their a$$es. None of them threw less than a 507 series.

From the mini-computer!

I missed my first game last night after having to attend a wake. Then shot 216 and 195 (stupid open in the 10th) for my two games. No warm up, and everyone else already had a game in, I just felt like I could never get lined up.

A guy on the other team bowling against us shot a 278 in the third game. High single for our league so far this year.

I don't any longer due to bad back. But 48 years ago Dad had a good night.

duma9yme.jpg

I was too young to remember much, but it was a big deal!

Third straight 700 last night. 206-225-288/719. It only took 20 weeks for me to get me head out of my…..

Third straight 700 last night. 206-225-288/719. It only took 20 weeks for me to get me head out of my…..
Wow...awesome night! 288? 8 count on the 11th ball? Sorry to ask, but what did you leave?

That's a frustrating leave
My high game is a 289, and I left a 9 pin on the 11th shot. It was the closest I ever came to a 300, and to be honest, I was numb from about the 7th frame on. That 11th ball was a little tighter than I wanted, and it was a little high, but it's a ball that could've carried. I was bummed I didn't get the 300, but was glad it was over as well.

I suck again, but it's ok because we won all 4 games. Soooo, down goes my average. Heck ya! lol

From the mini-computer!

Well that was a fun night! We went into the 10th frame of the 1st game down 30-ish, with some luck we had a chance. Our anchor man threw 3 in a row (for a 256) and we won by 2! I threw a 191.
2nd game we walked away by 100 pins. I threw a 160.
Third game we were down by at least 100 pins a one point. We fought back and our anchor did it AGAIN in the 10th, once again striking out to help us win by 2! That was soooo much fun to watch and be a part of.
So we took all four games, the 2nd place team in our league lost all 4 games and we now have an 11 game lead with only a few weeks left.

From the mini-computer!

Ya killing me. .. last 2 weeks I had games of 246, 233.. series of 644 & 639 and ALL I won out of a possible 8 pts is 3 :mad:
Oh and them games mentioned above. .I lost on them

Back