Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
This was one of the more interesting items seen at the golf show today

uqajuhyp.jpg

haturajy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting is a good word for it. What do they have to say about it?

Hmmmm...what's the 26 degrees for?

I would assume 26* bounce

Looks like a Cleveland Smart Sole with the hybrid Gliderails implemented in it. Definitely....interesting.

I thought this was just a wedge that you could also rake the trap with. No?

Someone smarter than me is going to have to explain this to me. I just don't get the design concept. Maybe the rails help cut through turf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an interesting looking wedge there. How much was it?

The kids were getting squirrelly at this point so I didn't have a lot of time. I definitely thought of Cleveland's Smart Sole but with rails when I saw it. The rep mentioned they were at a tour stop in LA the week before (Riviera???) and tossed out some names of people who used (tried???) them. I believe he said the clubs gets through deep rough with ease thanks to the rails. He gave me a card with a link, I think it said something about an instructional video. I'll dig it out and post the video later.

I have wondered about wedges like this. Muira has the K grind wedge that is similar.

Another interesting design element that isn't so evident from the picture is that the bottom of the club is rounded. When you look down at the club at address it appears the apex of the leading edge extends down below or out in front of a normal leading edge. FWIW the club felt well balanced and nice in the hands.

Is it legal or one of those "special" clubs that will shave 20 strokes off of your game?

Is it legal or one of those "special" clubs that will shave 20 strokes off of your game?
Fully conforming according to their rep.

Umm... well then.

So whos buying one to do a review??

Holy bounce, Batman!

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Interesting to say the least.

I can't believe that thing is conforming. But interesting.

Honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw that was the Alien lol

Id like to read some reviews on this thing. Im slightly attracted to it because its different.

Honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw that was the Alien lol

I played with one of my professors a couple months back and he pulled out an Alien. I just died laughing until he got up and down out of 3 bunkers.

If it works it works. Should show these to my mom she hates the beach.

Looks like a Cleveland Smart Sole with the hybrid Gliderails implemented in it. Definitely....interesting.

My exact thoughts on this. I've even had a wedge with holes in the sole, so I'm pretty much up to try anything.

Glide rails on a wedge? Interesting.

Back