2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

Hockey disappointment is all I can say..... Ugh

Hockey disappointment is all I can say..... Ugh

The way I see it: bronze is better than nothing. Take nothing away from Finland, they're great, but the US team gave up.

The way I see it: bronze is better than nothing. Take nothing away from Finland, they're great, but the US team gave up.

The fact they gave up is disappointing IMO just sucks.

I wouldn't hold it against them. Team USA didn't go to Sochi for bronze and they couldn't care less that they didn't get it.

They did, I was hoping they could pick up their game in the third period.

I wouldn't hold it against them. Team USA didn't go to Sochi for bronze and they couldn't care less that they didn't get it.

You're right, they didn't come to Sochi for bronze, they came to represent America. That was not a good representation. Looks like they were only focused on getting back to the NHL healthy.

You're right, they didn't come to Sochi for bronze, they came to represent America. That was not a good representation. Looks like they were only focused on getting back to the NHL healthy.

Exactly. Poor effort and not what you want to see out of a USA squad. Better to go home with something than nothing, but to go home empty with no effort, shameless.

I can agree that the bronze game and it's importance can be debated, but as long as there is a game to play the people who stand up and represent their country in the Olympics should do it with their whole heart and body. If not, they shouldn't be there, not as an individual and not as a team. If nothing else, there might be a person or two in the team who do care, and you should be able to be a team until the end. But..yeah, it's easier to give up.

I would much rather walk away with a bronze than no medal at all.

Congrats on the win today Henri! Is all of Finland feeling good?

Was surprised at the lack of character shown by the USA today. Really surprised actually.

TTing

I was walking with a buddy after the game against Canada yesterday and he said, "at least we'll get a medal." I told him America would come out flat playing uninspired hockey because of a tough loss coupled with the fact that they won't care anymore. We made a little wager and I'm a little bummed that I was right. It was still a medal game in an event where you are representing your country. It was disappointing and actually a little embarrassing that they didn't really take the game seriously.

Why? I would rather watch slope style than biathlon or cross country skiing.

It's the worst I have seen in a long time because the coverage has sucked throughout the entire thing. NBC has NBCSN, as well as five "Extra Time" channels they can be showing events on. Instead they re-run everything.

These are some great competitions going on....oh wait. Its some sap story that has nothing to do with the Olympics. This is why I hate NBC. They just can't bring whatever sports they are supposed to air, they just have to find some story to make things more dramatic.

I love this team pursuit stuff, really cool. I'll definitely be looking forward to the summer iteration of it on bicycles in probably the coolest stadium name ever: Velodrome.

:act-up:I think the Olympics needs to go back to its roots. No more professionals, or so called world champions who already made millions$$. Need to get back to strictly amateurs...college level..after college..before..etc...but absolutely no professional background.. All the events have world champions in them, who compete on a circuit ...and the Olympics is just another so called stop on their schedules. This has become sad really, The spirit of the Olympics has turned to marketing / advertising and already high paid athletes competing for a metal that they could buy with a snap of their fingers...

Need to to go back to 80's type of Olympics...imo

Go back to the 80s style Olympics where the only amateurs came from the US, Canada and the UK, and the rest of the world sent their state sponsored, lifetime athletes..... No thanks.

:act-up:I think the Olympics needs to go back to its roots. No more professionals, or so called world champions who already made millions$$. Need to get back to strictly amateurs...college level..after college..before..etc...but absolutely no professional background.. All the events have world champions in them, who compete on a circuit ...and the Olympics is just another so called stop on their schedules. This has become sad really, The spirit of the Olympics has turned to marketing / advertising and already high paid athletes competing for a metal that they could buy with a snap of their fingers...

Need to to go back to 80's type of Olympics...imo

Are you talking about sports like hockey, basketball, soccer (football), and the like? Let me know if I'm wrong, but aren't the Olympics about the best in the world competing against each other to prove who is better, under the flag and support of their nation? Oh, and Olympic athletes get paid exactly zero dollars to compete in the Games, they get rewarded for medal wins and sponsorships, that's all.

Link for real Olympic games salary: http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-olympic-athletes-really-get-paid-2012-7

:act-up: Strictly amateurs...at the collegiate level..or other. Not allowing any players that have declared as "professional". And all countries should follow this... And needs to be regulated.

:act-up: Strictly amateurs...at the collegiate level..or other. Not allowing any players that have declared as "professional". And all countries should follow this... And needs to be regulated.

It never was before. Not gonna happen.

2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

I think it should be the best in the world, not the best amateurs in the world, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its 4:30am and the party is on at most bars and pubs.
First time for everything I guess.

Come on boys bring home the gold! So far Canada is all over them like bogeys on my scorecard.

2-0. Crosby comes through again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

20 minutes to go, keep it going guys.

Its unbelievable how crappy the ice is over there.

Back