The ebay Influence

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I scan ebay every once in a while for new gear. Do I need it? No. Do I like the rush of potentially grabbing a new piece of gear for pennies on the dollar? Of Course.

Now, I am happy with my current setup, have just re-gripped all my clubs in fact. So why am I on ebay every night looking for new upgrades? The drug of choice right now for me is putters and Bio Cell Irons. The irons, I know will cost me, especially if I get them shipped to my door (a painful extra $90 shipping, which won't include duties either), but I still keep trying.

Does the use of online retailers like ebay have you yearning for more and more gear? I know if I look at GolfTown, and see the regular price from them, I am not scrambling for my credit card, itching to buy. Buy if I see the same thing on ebay for half price I need it.

Is ebay a problem for you? I think I might need an intervention.

You're quite normal Bradd. I frequent the bay often, and it takes a decent pair of pliers to get me off of it once I get started.

I end up buying a few things I really really don't need each year, but it's a fun process.

I use eBay but usually from a golf company's eBay stores.
There are so many counterfiets and fakes I can't trust.

I scan ebay every once in a while for new gear. Do I need it? No. Do I like the rush of potentially grabbing a new piece of gear for pennies on the dollar? Of Course.

Now, I am happy with my current setup, have just re-gripped all my clubs in fact. So why am I on ebay every night looking for new upgrades? The drug of choice right now for me is putters and Bio Cell Irons. The irons, I know will cost me, especially if I get them shipped to my door (a painful extra $90 shipping, which won't include duties either), but I still keep trying.

Does the use of online retailers like ebay have you yearning for more and more gear? I know if I look at GolfTown, and see the regular price from them, I am not scrambling for my credit card, itching to buy. Buy if I see the same thing on ebay for half price I need it.

I just posted about my addiction to cruise the Ending Soonest on eBay. I will spend $500 on stuff I dont need at $10 a time before I will save up $500 to buy something I really want/need.

I need help.

I do the exact same thing. Even now I check it several times per day and I need nothing. I've almost bought several sets of irons in the last week just because they were great deals. I check Deal of the Day thread everyday as well, likely for the same reason. This is a problem for me and I need to remove the app from my phone before I'm broke :banghead:

sent from The Note 3

I am the instant gratification type which is probably worse. I've purchased plenty of golf equipment knowing full well that I could get the exact same thing for cheaper if I was willing to wait a few days. I browse eBay from time to time but I just hate waiting for things to show up on my doorstep.

Yeah, I buy most of my hear on eBay. I HATE paying full price for anything. Won't do it

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Yup I have bought there and will again

I also refuse to pay MSRP/MAP for anything. If I buy from a brick and mortar, it'll be on clearance or at least on a really good sale. I'm careful with who I buy from online, including ebay sellers. It does make the decision to buy much easier when I know I've found the best possible deal. eBay meets that requirement pretty often

Oh, and +1 for anyone who read this thread/responded and then immediately checked their watchlist... Thanks Bradd! hahahaha

Honestly as soon as I created the thread I checked mine... still high bid on the Bio Cell irons lol.

Im an ebay addict.

Ebay is the worst thing I ever discovered. Just used it last summer for the first time and bought a bunch of stuff I didn't need.

I end up buying a few things I really really don't need each year, but it's a fun process.

Almost the same for me....

I end up buying several things I really don't need each week :D

My fave saved search is for any auction in the whole golf category sorted by ending time and I'll just scroll down the list. Bags, clubs, shoes, accessories, I'll buy anything perceived as a *bargain*.

If not for Ebay, I would likely have only 1 or 2 SeeMores as opposed to my current stable of 6. Then again, the 5 100% milled I bought in near perfect condition from there cost me about the same as the one brand new one I purchased. Do I need 6 putters? No. Am I happy I bought then? Absolutely!

My name is Andy and I have an ebay problem.

I've been looking at eBay for Bridgestone gear since getting into the MC. I don't need new gear, but just want some in hand experience on clubs and have won one auction and bid on several more items. I'm the same that once I get started it's real easy to get hooked for awhile.

Ebay and Amazon are my problem. I think the UPS guy thinks I have a shopping problem.

I just posted about my addiction to cruise the Ending Soonest on eBay. I will spend $500 on stuff I dont need at $10 a time before I will save up $500 to buy something I really want/need.

I need help.

Same here brother. You never know what's going to be ending in a couple minutes for a stupid price that you didn't even know you needed until right now.

Same here brother. You never know what's going to be ending in a couple minutes for a stupid price that you didn't even know you needed until right now.

Step One: Open eBay
Step Two: Log In
Step Three: Sort on Ending Soonest
Step Four: Bid on something with 12 seconds left
Step Five: Read the description on the product you just "Won".

HAHA

Step One: Open eBay
Step Two: Log In
Step Three: Sort on Ending Soonest
Step Four: Bid on something with 12 seconds left
Step Five: Read the description on the product you just "Won".

HAHA

At least I seach golf in golf.

There's nothing more gratifying then getting packages in the mail for me.
I try to to sell stuff I am not using or have multiples of so I can justify the purchases, I hate to hoard a lot of stuff!

Im an ebay addict.
eBay is the worst thing to happen to my checking account since guitar center. I am on there every night looking at stuff I really don't need. I bought a Nike Core 5i putter last night for $51....because it was $51. I was looking for a Method Midnight 008 and saw the 5i and without thinking pulled the trigger. I forgot about it until this morning when I got a shipping notice.

I had a serious case of the 'bay, when I was single. I would go through clubs like it was my job to test them out. Then I met my wife.... and I had neither the time nor the money for such purchases.

I rarely go visit Ebay anymore because the temptation can become too great.

Back