Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade Ghost Spider Si Putter

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore Si2 Blade
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I've played both and liked both.
3. LH or RH? RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Played the Daddy Long Legs last year and liked the stability it provided and the feeling of allowing me to produce a repeatable swing.

1. What putter are you currently playing? rotating between odyssey black Tour designs and never compromise sub 30 both blade designs
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? usually a blade but have used a mallet in the past
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? prefer milled non insert but slowly my new insert putter has me liking it more and more
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? not tested but i have used them in stores seems very high moi

Thanks to JB, GG and Taylormade, another cool testing opportunity for 4 lucky THPers!

1. What putter are you currently playing? - SeeMore M6

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? - Blade

3. LH or RH - LH

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I prefer non-insert but have used putter with an insert and have had no problems.

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Just some putting in Golf Galaxy with one and I liked the feel.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Seemore PTM3

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mid-mallet or mallet

3. LH or RH RH

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Usually non-insert. I don't think I've ever actually played an insert putter.

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? No, I have not.

Thanks to THP and TM for another great testing opportunity. I hear this makes 3 putts in a row from 10' real easy!

I'm really intrigued by this putter and would love to test it out.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Versa #1
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Go between both
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Insert is preferred
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I've rolled the Blade/Counter Balance putter and loved the feel and weight distribution, promoted a pendulum stroke which is what I shoot for.

Good lucky everyone! This looks like another fun testing oppertunity.

Thank you THP/TMaG for the wonderful opportunity

1. What putter are you currently playing? TM White Smoke MC-72
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallet
3. LH or RH: RH
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Never a spider but have gamed other TMaG putters

1. What putter are you currently playing? Currently using a classic Ping Anser 2, stainless head, no insert, stock grip.
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I've been using a blade for all my golfing life..but I've been noodling around with various high-MOI mallets, including the Ghost Spider and Odyssey #7..and one will likely be coming to my bag over the next year.
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I have never owned an insert putter..but in my testing I feel that an insert would be great for my game.
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts?l Ghost Spider S, and Daddy Long Legs. They do a great job keeping my stroke stable. I'm not certain about the look..a longer term test would tell if I could make it work.

Thanks THP and TMAG for the great opportunity!

1. What putter are you currently playing? TaylorMade Rossa daytona 6
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Blade
3. LH or RH RH
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I would not really call it testing but i have played around with one of them last year while i was shopping around for a new putter, felt great with a smooth swing weight and great alignment

1. What putter are you currently playing?
odyssey versa #7
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet?
lately I have been putting well with my mallet but I also have a blade putter. It has not gotten much attention at all latley.
3. LH or RH
I am Right Handed
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert?
Insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts?
I have never tested anything at all on this site. It would be nice to get my hands on one of these. A good buddy of mine let me roll a few putts with his daddy long legs putter and I am very very interested.

Thanks Taylormade and THP!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Just a few days ago switched from Metal X #7 to a Ping Karsten 1959 Zing.

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallets for the past two years. My putting hasn't been great so i'm giving it a go with blades.

3. LH or RH. Right hand.

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Played insert putters mostly but currently playing a non insert. As of right now I prefer inserts since thats what i'm used too.

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Roll them in the store everytime I'm there. Love the balance and pure roll insert. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks THP and TaylorMade!

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore Big FGP
3. LH or RH - RH
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I rolled the DLL putter the past few times at GolfSmith and really enjoyed it. Love the weight.

Thanks to TM and THP for this opportunity!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #1-Wide
3. LH or RH? Right hand
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Non-insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Aside from casually rolling in the store, no. Do like the Pure Roll insert TM uses.

1. What putter are you currently playing? :yes: Athena 36" long & lead taped to around 400g

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Definitely mallet. A long single alignment line is preferred.

3. LH or RH? Right handed

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Insert or deep milled. All time favorite was the :taylormade: AGSI

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Yes. I have a Spider Vicino in the collection. I liked everything about it with the exception of the semi-gloss metal alignment aid on top. The glare on the course outside was distracting. I only tested it inside prior to purchase. Easy to align & distance control was solid.

Hot dog! Another generous offering from the THP dream weavers...

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Protype Tour 9 at 34" with a SuperStroke 2.0 grip. Lie angle bent to 73*. Club head is 350 grams

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I have switched back and forth from both. With a flanged blade I guess I'm a little in between now
3. LH or RH Left Handed
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I played inserts forever. Really like a lot of them. Odyssey's milled protype is the bomb though
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Knocked around the Spider Blade before. Feels really good. Never took the time to read about the weighting - always thought that's what set it apart from all the other blades. Couldn't swing the price tag at the time either. Never found a Spider mallet in lefty for me to try unfortunately

Thank you THP and TaylorMade Golf

Another great opportunity. Gonna sit this one out as I've worked on my putting and changed a lot while working with my "new" putter. Don't want to mix things up again just before the season. Can't wait to hear the reviews on it though!

First off, thank you TaylorMade and THP for this awesome opportunity.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
3. LH or RH - LH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I prefer something that is soft. Doesnt matter if it is milled or an insert.
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I have rolled most of the spider line in the past and have really enjoyed the insert but havent been able to get over the headshape. I finally broke the mold of traditional head shape putters with my current WHP #7 putter so would love to push the envelope a little more and give this a try.

Taylormade Ghost Spider S originally 43" cut down to 38" stock grip

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallet for a while now

3. LH or RH Left Handed. Right

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Probably insert, last couple of putters I've tried have all had some type of insert to them

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Currently playing the Ghost Spider S, was torn between it and the daddy long legs! but the new price tag of $200 was prohibitive, so I caught a used Spider but it was 43" and I cut 5" off it. I really like the roll coming off but it has been ad adjustment in order to putt well with it I feel like I have to under hit everything with it, but still have been more accurate than with my old odyssey two ball that I'd had for years.

Thank you

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey White Hot XG #9
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I prefer Mallet, but have played well with a blade
3. LH or RH? Right Handed
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? No, and I am curious!!

Thanks THP and TaylorMade

Great opportunity from TaylorMade here...again! Give them a shout on Twitter for supporting THP @taylormadegolf

Thank you THP & TaylorMade for the opportunity

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey MXM#7

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I've played a blade up until my MXM7

3. LH or RH- RH

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I normally have played/preferred non-inserts

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I've never had the opportunity to test a TM Spider.

Thanks (again) THP and TaylorMade!

+ I am currently using a SeeMore M5x CB after splitting time last year between an Odyssey Tour Black 2-Ball Blade (34") and a SeeMore M3b

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet?
+ I've played both blades and mallets, but I've recently gravitated towards larger putter heads.

3. LH or RH
+Right Handed

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert?
+ I've used insert and non-insert putters in the passed, and though my last three have been non-insert, I've also enjoyed the time I've spent with insert putters (metal-x, white hot).

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts?
+ Other than rolling them on the practice green at the golf shop, no. I almost pulled the trigger on the TaylorMade Ghost Spider many a time.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Ghost Manta
3. LH or RH RH
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Yes, in a limited, non-serious way, on store putting carpets. They've always caught my eye.

This is the putter I've been waiting for

1. What putter are you currently playing? - Taylormade DLL
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? - mallet
3. LH or RH - RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? - Not a big deal to me, I would say I prefer a insert over a non but have had success with both
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? Never tested a Taylormade before but currently roll the DLL and love the roll it puts on the ball

Last edited:
Back