Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade Ghost Spider Si Putter

So excited thanks!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey White Ice #9
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I usually like a mallet putter, haven't really played with a blade
3. LH or RH? RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I have always played with an insert putter
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Never tested the spider putter before. I have always been intrigued by the look and have always wanted to try it.

Last edited:
1. What putter are you currently playing? Scotty Cameron Golo Belly

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallet

3. LH or RH. RH

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Non-insert, but have played with both

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not

1. What putter are you currently playing? Betti bc1
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Blade
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Insert or soft face
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I love the Spider Blade Slant, best TM putter I have rolled.

1. What putter are you currently playing? odyssey two ball putter with super stroker grip
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? mallet, never really tired a blade
3. Right handed
4. non insert
5. no i have never tested a tailor-made spider putter

Another awesome opportunity brought to us by THP and TM.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Doing personal tests between NC Dinero and Cleveland Classic #1
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? non-insert (last six months)
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Played a Daddy Long Legs a few months ago. I really liked the putter, but somehow the shaft got bent/twisted. I was never able to get it fixed. Was a big fan of putting inside 12'. Almost automatic.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Mix of SeeMore FGP and Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball SRT
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Usually prefer a mallet.
3. LH or RH? RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? No preference either way.
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? No.

1. What putter are you currently playing?--Bettinardi SS14
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet?--I typically prefer blade
3. LH or RH--RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert?--No preference but I have gamed both
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts?--I have tried the Spider in the past and have found it to be an extremely stable putter that is easy to use and put a pure roll on it.

Thanks to both Taylormade and THP for the opportunity! Bringing it as usual...

1. What putter are you currently playing? PING Nome TR Slight Arc
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallet- gives me more confidence
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I prefer non-insert, though I've tried the various Ghost Spider models several times and like the firmer feel of the Pure Roll insert better than Odyssey's softer inserts
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested a TM Spider putter on course. I've rolled it in shop, and really enjoyed the balance and feel better than any other counter-balanced putter yet. I'd really enjoy the opportunity to test one out more extensively!

Great opportunity for 4 people and War Eagle! Huge thanks to Taylormade for the opportunity.

1. What putter are you currently playing? A Piretti anser style putter
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Blade, but have used mallets in the past
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? No preference, but the past few have been non insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Have never gamed a Taylormade putter. Rolled the Daytona and Kia Ma series a few times from friends and liked the roll it put on the ball.

1. What putter are you currently playing?--Bettinardi SS14
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet?--I typically prefer blade
3. LH or RH--RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert?--No preference but I have gamed both
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts?--I have tried the Spider in the past and have found it to be an extremely stable putter that is easy to use and put a pure roll on it.

Better not let Betti see this

Another great testing opportunity! Thanks THP and TM!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Tank #7

3. LH or RH. RH

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Either one

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Yes, the DLL. I liked it alot. Insert was great, counterbalance worked well and it framed the ball well.

1. Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2
2. blade
3. RH
4. non-insert most of the time but am willing to change
5. no TM ... been a Titleist guy forever

this is great! Look forward to testing out products and giving honest feedback. These definitely need to be in the hands of the general Hacking Public!!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Nike Oz T-130

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Typically a mallet

3. LH or RH Right

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Insert

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Tried a ghost spider that was a belly that I cut to 34" and put a slightly heavier grip on. I was ok, but I never felt connected to the putter. On 30 footers I could put it within a 6" circle or leave it 10' short. And off the putter face, I had no idea which it was going to be.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey tour Rossie
3. LH or RH... RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? non-insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts?...not yet. But I did have a Rossa that I gammed for long time that I liked.

Thanks to THP and TM.

What an awesome opportunity presented by Taylormade and THP! Seeing Dave beat Challenge #1 with this in hand was very cool as well. I know the testers selected will rock it!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal X #2
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Never used a full mallet, but prefer a blade over the mid-mallet I have played
3. LH or RH. RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I don't have a set preference, I like a milled face but also really enjoy some inserts
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? No

This looks very similar to my current putter. Could be a nice comparison.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Ping Pickemup B cut to 35"
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? mallet
3. LH or RH RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Either or, currently insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? No

1. What putter are you currently playing? - Odyssey White Hot Rossie
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? - Mallet
3. LH or RH - RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? - Love me a good insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? - Nope, although I've wondered what a larger mallet style putter could do for my tempo and my ability to replicate my stroke.

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore Si2
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Blade, but open to whatever works
3. LH or RH? Right Handed
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? No Preference, just started with the Si2 with an insert, everything else I have used is non-insert.
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Only In Store. Different Look, Different Feel, Something I would want to give some serious times on the greens to before switching permanently to one.

Thank you for a wonderful opportunity THP and Taylor Made Golf!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Seemore Si5
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I'm impartial, but currently playing a mallet
3. LH or RH - I am Right Handed
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I prefer insert putters
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? Yes, I rolled the Spider Blade @ GS. I found it very comfortable and easy to roll, and still have it on the radar.

Wow I can't count how many times I have peeked back in this thread to look at that putter.

This is a pretty amazing opportunity for four THPers. Thank you to THP and TaylorMade for allowing us to have this testing.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Callaway Versa #7

3. LH or RH: RH

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I almost exclusively use putters with an insert.

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts:

I've never owned a Spider putter, but I have putted around with the Spider S and Daddy Long Legs. I like the stability of these putters and the roll that they produced. They felt very smooth.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Versa #7 BWB

3. LH or RH? RH

4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? Insert

5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? No.

Tapping Away

1. What putter are you currently playing? Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Notchback
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mid-Mallet or blade.
3. LH or RH? RH
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? I prefer non-insert
5. Have you tested a TaylorMade Spider putter before (any model)? If so, what are your thoughts? I have tried the Taylormade Daddy Long Legs and the most recent Spider putter, and loved them both. i know they are both insert-putters, and they are both full-mallets, but i did love the feel, and LOVED the weight.

Thanks THP for another awesome opportunity!

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore Original FGP.
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I have only gamed 2 blade putters to date.
3. LH or RH? RH.
4. Do you normally prefer insert or non-insert? While I've tried both, I'm not sure.

Back