Two off the First Tee

I don't play competitive golf so each round (although casual for many of you) is even though casual still about an honest score for me. Especially if I plan on establishing a cap. And if I ever shoot a new PB or whatever I'll know it was honest. I hit a bad first tee I'm playing from there 90% of the time.

Breakfast balls used to be the norm at THP Events but they seem to have gone away in the past few I attended. I still use them occasionally if everyone is starting cold and its not a tournament of course.

If im playing with THPERS and its agreed upon in advance, sure

I tend to hit a lot of balls off the 1st tee. But that's because my 1st usually is in the water, or OB,...or in someone's back yard,...or windshield...

I don't like 2 off the first tee. If you want to give everyone one mulligan off the tee on any hole that day, fine. However, to only give a safety net to slow starters seems unfair. I usually hit my first shot of the day just fine. I need the extra shot somewhere in the middle.

Regular group almost never warms up at the range. We'll take two on the 1st tee.

Went with a large group on a golf weekend a few years ago. They were a pretty tight group. They played "hit 'em until you like one"... which was pretty funny because they were fairly strict other than that.

Nothing wrong with a breakfast ball if you're playing for fun. I've been known to have one, although I don't do it as much as I used to.

Typically when we're out just to get in a relaxed game, we'll do two off the first tee (and tenth if we stop to grab a bite to eat). I only do it when playing with the guys I play the most often with. If my first shot goes well, I skip the second.

Think this depends on the situation. But I dont find myself doing this to often anymore.

We use to do it (Lake Jonesco) before I moved up here as nobody hit the range and you had a bunch of stiff old men on the first tee on Saturday/Sunday. With that said if you hit a second ball you had to play it. Since KellyBo and I moved to the Monroe, Ga. area nobody takes an extra tee shot unless you hit one out of play, ob, etc. and then you are hitting three off the tee. These folks play hard ball whether it's casual or a money game.

I'll let my dad or brothers do it, but they don't keep strict score anyway. I prefer not to personally.

I will take a breakfast ball if it is just a casual round but only if I didn't have a chance to warm up on the range.

if the round means nothing who cares but if money and or prizes are involved then it should be usga rules including playing the ball all the way into the hole. All of the games I play in there are no such things as gimmes regardless how close the ball is.

Me and my golf buddy normally always take 2 off of the first. We rarely warm up before so this gives us one swing to get the cobwebs out. If the first one is playable, I don't usually hit another.

Only once every few years at most. Usually on a guys golfing trip when I'm hungover and have hit an incredibly bad drive such as a worm burner that only goes 100 yards. I will play my first ball or add two strokes on my card at the end of the round as I want my index to be accurate.

I have a rule that if I don't hit the practice range before a round & I hit my first tee shot out of bounds, I will tee up another ball if there are no groups waiting at the first tee. But I never hit a second ball if I stripe the first one down the middle.

Alot of the groups I get paired with do. I dont mind at all. I usually play my first one regardless of the result of the swing

Back