One Club Challange

6 iron for sure.

6 iron. Experience has taught me I can hit it anywhere from 25 to 170 yards, and I think I'm going to need that sort of versatility...now just to do it on purpose.

I have been trying to think of another club to use just o be different but you guys are right on the 7 iron would be my weapon of choice as well

5 iron for this guy.

I would sau 7 iron as well

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I wanna say 3 wood but probably a 6 iron for me

7 iron would be my choice.

7 iron

I've never tried it but I can't picture trying to putt with an iron.

I would have to say 3 or 4 hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 iron. I can't imagine getting out of a greenside bunker with a hybrid. It would be hard enough to do it well with a mid-iron.

Putting really isn't that much of a problem. I've putted with everything from a SW to a driver. I played a 3 club tournament once using my 5W for putting, and outputted the other three guys in my group, 2 of whom were using their putters. I also beat the closest one of those two by 5 strokes because with a 5W, 7I, and PW, I had the extra club to make shots they couldn't do.

If you ever actually get entered in such a tournament where the putter is not required, learn to putt with one of the other clubs you are planning to use. You want as many multi-function clubs as possible to give yourself a chance. I've played in several such competitions, I've only carried a driver once, and I never use a putter unless the rules require it. Both are essentially one job clubs, and I want more versatility in my choices.

A Round With One Club

A Round With One Club

I've seen 3 club tournaments where you pick just 3 clubs and play. Many choose a hybrid, wedge and putter.

But if you had JUST ONE club which would you choose.

For me I'd say a 6 iron, as long as there were no 180+ carries off the tee, I'd be ok, the trick would be the bunkers to say the least.

I would probably go 4hybrid. I could get off the tee, chip, and putt with it. I would have to avoid all bunkers though.

I'd game my 4h too. I can hit it ~200 yards, and have routinely used it for chipping as well.

I'd Tin Cup it with a 7-iron. I think it would have the best balance of short and long game shots for me.

I'd Tin Cup it with a 7-iron. I think it would have the best balance of short and long game shots for me.

Why hell Roy...It never occurred to me to try....hahaha

As for answering this question, I am torn between my 4 hybrid and a 6-7 iron... I would totally say 7 iron if it wasn't for the putting green...for my 1st try I would probably go with the 4 hybrid

a 3 or 4 hybrid. Could get good distance off the tee, could putt with it, and could choke down for short shots. Might have trouble if you hit it into a greenside bunker, though.

3 iron. Enough club for par 5's and it's an iron so I can take something off it. Makes for a good putter too.

Jman and I played a hole with a 55* wedge. It was fun but that is because you got points for hitting in bunkers (long story). I would go 24* Callaway X Utility Proto.

7i without doubt. Need to try this soon.

7i without doubt. Need to try this soon.

It does sound like fun. I just played a round in my head at my home course and think I could do ok.

It would be by 5 wood. I have played a few holes like this with friends before and I was able to get out of the bunker okay. Plus when you play gimmies inside the grip it makes putting a little easier.

7 iron.

7 or 6 iron.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back