Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

The spider's are amazing; I was discussing this tool with the pro and greenskeeper at my course a couple weeks ago when on the topic of greens. They were skeptical until I took them out to a green and gave a little demonstration. Like everybody else that's seen it in action, they were impressed. Great investment in keeping the course in the shape we all want to see it in.

I've been using the Spider for about a month now, and with the amount of rain we've been getting it has come in handy.

I often find myself walking around the green fixing 5-10 pitch marks on each green with it. My playing partners have even been borrowing it from me to fix theirs for the past few rounds, and they always find a couple more to fix as well.

I've had mine for two yrs. now and still works great i found it snaps into my extra putter well clip and perfectly holds it in place..

407161611.jpg

I've had mine for two yrs. now and still works great i found it snaps into my extra putter well clip and perfectly holds it in place..

407161611.jpg

That's cool!!

I think all if us still have and are still using our originals. All those concerns about durability in the beginning are definitely squashed.

Now i just need to start making more divots so i can use it more....:golf3:

That's cool!!

I think all if us still have and are still using our originals. All those concerns about durability in the beginning are definitely squashed.
On durability, a friend I gave one to decided to put it in his back pocket instead of the front, sat on it and broke it a couple weeks ago. So watch out for that!

I still use mine all the time.

On durability, a friend I gave one to decided to put it in his back pocket instead of the front, sat on it and broke it a couple weeks ago. So watch out for that!

Why would anyone put it in their back pocket??? That's on your buddy and not it's durability.

Why would anyone put it in their back pocket??? That's on your buddy and not it's durability.

I didn't mean was an issue with the product. Just saying not to put it in your back pocket! Sorry it came out that way. I know it was all on him and told him so when he did it. He already knew. In fact he didn't want to tell me how it broke!

I always carry my divot tools in my back pocket. When I got this I did the same thing, but since I walk most of my rounds it's not a problem. First time I rode with it, it took all of one hole for me to move it to a front pocket.

I always carry my divot tools in my back pocket. When I got this I did the same thing, but since I walk most of my rounds it's not a problem. First time I rode with it, it took all of one hole for me to move it to a front pocket.

I find this incredibly odd. There was major concern about how noticeable it would be in a front pocket because of it's bulk (which proved to be a no issue). But, with less wiggle room in a back pocket I'd think it'd be extremely noticeable. I guess, like anything, a person would get used to it, though.

407161611.jpg
That's an awesome spot for it, easy access!

I find this incredibly odd. There was major concern about how noticeable it would be in a front pocket because of it's bulk (which proved to be a no issue). But, with less wiggle room in a back pocket I'd think it'd be extremely noticeable. I guess, like anything, a person would get used to it, though.

while walking it was a non-issue for me. Riding it was always in the front pocket. I had no issues are all with any extra bulk or whatever in the front pocket

Sad to see it go

I think I would prefer the spring mechanism to taking a cap on and off even if this new one is overall a little smaller.

I think I would prefer the spring mechanism to taking a cap on and off even if this new one is overall a little smaller.

I figured the spring is what made it so easy to use.

Still have my spring one I love it

Tap Tap Taparoo

I figured the spring is what made it so easy to use.

I have a prototype of the Spider and it works the same without the spring. I use it when I am playing with others and letting them use my regular ones.

I do like the one with the spring better though, because you don't have to deal with the cap.

I have a prototype of the Spider and it works the same without the spring. I use it when I am playing with others and letting them use my regular ones.

I do like the one with the spring better though, because you don't have to deal with the cap.

I realize the prongs are what do the work it just loses some cool points, IMO. Does the cap ever come off in your pocket?

I realize the prongs are what do the work it just loses some cool points, IMO. Does the cap ever come off in your pocket?

No, it stays on all the time. No issues. It's just easier to take it out of your pocket and use it and not have to worry about the cap.

I've been using the Spider for about a year. The cap isn't a problem at all and keeps me from getting dirt and sand in my pocket. It works great.

Anyone still using this? I use mine every round and continue to promote it as best I can. I know at least a few guys have bought the Spider based on seeing how the original tool worked.

Wish I could get my hands on more of the original version.

Same here Smalls. .was thinking the same thing just the other day. I NEED a couple more for comfort of mind

Still use it, still love it, still promote it. Get nervous a couple times a year when I think I lose it. Just like two weeks ago I thought I lost it mid round and was really baffled about how that could happen. I keep it in my right pocket but, somehow, for some reason, I put it in my left pocket. Didn't realize it until next hole.

Well I just done some quick googleing. Website is no longer around.

Back