Who is your "local" tour professional?

Scott Stallings is from just up the road in the Knoxville area, and Luke List, Harris English, and Brooke Pancake are from the Chattanooga area.

Don't forget about ol Gibby Gilbert.

Graham Delaet where I grew up and Ryan Moore, Kyle Stanley, Michael Puttnam where I live now

Depends on what local means.

Bruce Summerhays (pretty sure he's from Utah)

Daniel Summerhays (played high school about the time I did)

Johnny Miller (I shouldn't count him. He's annoying to say the least)

Mike Weir (not from here but lives about 5 minutes away from me now last I heard)

Randy Collett (my old swing coach. Played on tour back in the 70s or so. His Dad started the world golf hall of fame and was head pro at Pinehurst I believe.)

Russell Henley is from right up the interstate a couple exits.
And he is about 30 minutes down the road from me. Blake Adams lives about 20 minutes away in Eatonton, GA. Old timers may remember Maconite Gardner Dickinson from the 60's & 70's.

Last edited:
Zach Johnson. And then by way of another local favorite, although not from Iowa, Steve Stricker.

~Rock

My local tour pro is Lee Trevino, he is from my area and often plays my home course when he is home.

Growing up it was Jonathan Byrd. I played with him a couple times as a teenager. Really nice guy.

I'm glad that he became an accomplished touring pro. He was always just playing at another level than everyone else.

Paul Azinger is from this area.

I used to hear tales about Paul, that when he was like college age, he had hair all the way to his beltline and golfed in old tee shirts, and that he would go hustle bets at strange courses from golfers that didn't think he 'looked' like a player. Any truth, or have you heard any such tales?

Where I grew up, Paul Azinger.
Chi Chi was quite active in the local community also.

Where I live now, I guess it would be Fred Funk based on where he went to college.

We have Hal Sutton and David Toms are the big ones around here, but they are actually from Shreveport which is about an hour west of me. Toms actually played several times at the course I used to be a member at. If any of you remember Brian Bateman from a few years ago, he's from Monroe which is about 30 minutes east of me.

Chris Kirk, Stewart Cink, Roberto Castro, Jason Bohn in the Metro ATL Area.....

Dr. Cary Middlecoff, Shaun Micheal, Loren Roberts, Casey Whittenburg I think

Harris English

Kevin Streelman

Back